[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Meh. I think that there are too many groups already and that this is just overkill. Plus, why Manila?! I'd rather have Korea or Singapore :glare:.

2. ArashNine

ArashNine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    Why Singapore?

3. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    The Taiwan group was more "confirmed" than this, and it didn't happen (yet, but no signs that it is going to any time soon). Sounds more like he's just throwing ideas out there of what he'd like to do.

4. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I forgot what blog was it, but there was a Singaporean wota-blogger who once outlined reasons why a 48 group would not work in the city-state. Then there's a great deal of South Korean girl groups that it seems too superfluous to have a 48-style group (and I doubt it happening, given that Koreans tend to be very nationalistic in outlook).

My take is that it's too early and possibly too risky to establish one, given that there are so many barriers to overcome and a solid foundation must be first made by first supporting the otherwise fledgling small local fandom here, who could help to promote and disseminate information about 48G.

Of course, we have our doubts, we debated very hard when the news of those plans hit the net, but it would be best for management to plan and think carefully, get our opinion and suggestions, and consider those barriers -- social, cultural, commercial, etc. -- to deal with, as things are very much different in Manila than in, say, Jakarta or Shanghai.

5. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Can this be in the general thread?

6. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Great, more groups when you have zillions of girls unused.
    -
    As many had mentioned, I can only see the Hokkaido group happening in a near future; the international groups? Not so sure, since the Taipei project had been in stand-by for so long.

Can we have something new for the already existing groups? Stages seem like they won't happen ever, but dreaming costs nothing.

7. zoeykobe

zoeykobe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I think overcoming the cultural difference would also be a huge issue. Coming from a Singaporean, I actually believe that a group in Singapore just won't work out because Singaporeans in general have little to no interest in idols, but I would still love to see one group in Singapore because it would be awesome.

8. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    A Thailand based 48 group actually may fare quite well. As I understand it there is a vibrant fandom for Idols in general in Thailand. Much as there is in Indonesia. Please CIIW.:)

I do sort of question adding another Japan based group. Even if Hokkaido is ripe for it.:?:

9. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    I read a thread in Thai web board about Thailand48 most of Thai fan didn't support idea of this

they said that we not ready yet, culture conflict, want 48shop more lol
    that surprised me that they didn't like to have their own 48

sorry for my English lol

10. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    That is quite surprising.o_O Hmmmm.

Thanks for the clarification, @Red13th!:v:

11. t-motion

t-motion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    Wowwaffless
    AKB48 Theater 9 Anniversary Stage Concert
    2014 December 8 (Mon) 18:00 (JST)

[Cast members]
    Team A (all 24 member)
    Team K (all 21 member)
    Team B (all 23 member)
    Team 4 (all 23 member)
    Team 8 (16 member)

Team 8:
    Sakaguchi Nagisa , Yokoyama Yui , Tanaka Hijiri , Okabe Rin , Honda Hitomi , Oguri Yui , Sato Shiori , Yokomichi Yuri , Chō Kurena , Nagano Serika , Ota Nao , Nakano Ikumi , Hitomi Kotone , Shitao Miu , Kuranoo Narumi , Miyazato Rira

http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-11959822928.html

12. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I guess 138 members is just to many for the theater's stage? Time for a bigger theater, like HKT's![hehe]

And can I finally get a WYokoyama Yui song? Just for the LOLs?:lol:

13. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    So all kennin will also perform. I wonder how they will be arranged in the gens? Or will there be a new arrangement?

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    HKT had the "Gen-less Girls" (Sasshi, Aichan, Non, Maopani) do a song together, Yossha HKT, after the 1st. 2nd. and 3rd. gens did their songs. Maybe AKB does the same, different song, with their Transferees, Kennins, and Draftees.

15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Back in 2012 Milky/Jurina/Anna/Ripopo performed End Roll in between the 14th gen and 13th gen performances. I can't find last years performance off-hand but I think Haruppi, Nozawa and Fuuchan did Candy before the 14th gen performance.

They'll probably go Team 8 > Draftees > Transfers > Kennins > 15th gen, something like that this year.

16. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    2013 AKB anniversay show had Haruppi, Milky, Renachan (Nozawa), and Fuuchan - Heart Gata Virus

17. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Thanks. Then there is only one question left, will Akicha get a solo?

18. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    lol, she is the only one left in her gen right? of course she would get the solo unless management doesnt want her that bad.

19. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Bad? She loves to perform and after 6 years she knows how to do it. And her voice has never been better.

20. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    He was not talking about the quality of Akicha's performance. But whether or not mgm would want her to do a solo. Which as lone representative of her gen, they would have no choice if they do performances by gen. And they always do performances by gen at these anniversary shows, so...