Creating Converts

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by RocketStarLauncher, Feb 10, 2008.

1. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ Go for it! Both of you - garnetjester and HSatio! If that can be your contribution to the AKB48 fan community, then so be it!

Good luck on the translations. Maybe we can compile a Spanish translation segment somewhere, and pull in more fans from Spanish-speaking countries.

:D

2. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

That's a wonderful idea! :D I think we should definitely go for it!

3. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

Good luck to HSaito and Cat!!! Hope the result goes well. ;)

4. Nessy

Nessy Kenkyuusei

The main people I've managed to convert are actually my parents--because they're around the house when I'm listening to the songs/watching the concerts, they naturally hear/see things and they both have their own songs that they like and stuff. (My mom's favorites are Aitakatta and Only Today--my dad's are Hana to Chire! and Love Chase.) The funny part is I put Only Today on a mix CD for my mother for mother's day, and she was listening to the whole CD last night then when it was over she restarted the CD--but SKIPPED AHEAD SPECIFICALLY for Only Today. It was kind of weird hearing an AKB48 song playing on repeat in a room I wasn't in, haha.

They're my only success so far, though. My best friend got Tadaima Renaichuu stuck in her head after hearing it once and kept singing it, but I don't think she actually liked it, and I made my boyfriend watch some of their videos, but he thinks the whole idol thing is kind of creepy (possibly because there are pictures of the girls all over my walls and he keeps saying he's afraid I'm secretly a lesbian) so it didn't work out. I'll keep trying, though. :D

5. kyou

kyou Kenkyuusei

Just show 0ji59fun to your vicitims, er, friends. You can never go wrong with a crazy japanese show.
    I've been having a hard time trying to convert my girlfriend, but it seems that with 0ji and 1ji some progress was made, at least it was the biggest progress since Hone Hone Waltz. Now, with some of my male friends it hasn't been that hard, just play some stages and the girls will do the job.

6. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

@ Nessy

Try and show your BF Kinjirareta Futari, Oshibe to meshibe to yoru no chouchou (a.k.a. "The sexy Ohori/Kasai song") and Lay Down do show him that girl x girl isn't as bad as it sounds.

One warning, though: Even if it was my suggestion, I won't help you cleaning up the bits and pieces left of him after his head explodes when he sees Miichan fake-snogging Kasai during Lay Down XD

7. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

Yeah but some of us still think that Japanese shows are TOO crazy and plain rude. Well can't blame them entirely, though. They just haven't seen the beauty and fun of it, that's all. :lol:

@Wordy : QFT. GREAT suggestion. :lol:

8. kyou

kyou Kenkyuusei

Yeah that might be true, it is kind of creepy to watch a weird guy in its forties harassing a 14 years old girl. But there are safer episodes for the uninitiated.

9. raijin

raijin Member

this is interesting.. :D
    i haven't tried this one..
    my friends' japanese related interests are mainly food, animes and some mangas.. that's it.. oh and video games too..
    i myself is new in this "J-Idol" stuff.. XD :lol:
    though some of us have random JPop and JRock mp3s..
    and few have anime and game OSTs.. theres just about three of us i think..
    i guess it'll never hurt if i tell them about the Girls..
    and how they got me hooked with their awesome songs and amazing PVs..

10. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

Yeah raijin turn them into some AKB48's wotas as well!!!
    Hope you succeed in turning them. :D

11. raijin

raijin Member

^ earlier.. two friend of mine visited me and we had some catching up..
    so, i told them what i've been doing lately.. and of course about AKB48..
    i'm not sure if they'll be as interested about the girls as i am.. well, they copied some of my AKB48 mp3s..
    and i think some pictures too.. :D