1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Thank you for that information, but "salt" is the English writing for the Japanese pronunciation:^^;:.

The Katakana for her name is "ソルト". The correct romaji is "Solt", if I'm not mistaken (well, in reality should be "soruto"...). You can even she see her name written, in alphabet, inside the "rapapa" club room and the door to her "private" room.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  2. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    Because as I said, it's connected but just have some differences. It's like a visual novel game where there are multiple ending to go, this 4th series is one of the alternate endings that you can go. Same goes for the 3rd one. I'm personally fine with people bringing up the sequel/not sequel discussion again. I was just re-sharing my opinon because I feel like it has been talk too often previously.

-----------

Anyway, even though Team Hinabe is suppose to be something equivalent with Hormone or Fondue, I feel like their character here is quiet mature. For a group of losers (or you can say "will get beaten up a lot in future episode" :lol:), their approach to main chara (Sakura) ended up quiet differently than Hormone. At the end of the scene, we can see Uonome warning Sakura who wish to go to the top about Rappappa's four heavenly kings existence. I hope the series won't just get too straightforward like Uonome said where then Sakura start defeating those four one by one, then Salt will come out as boss. With rival school looking to have strong presence in the drama, I hope there'll be a few twist or at least a big school brawl like we used to have in MG2. That would be awesome especially with right now, all major cameo role taken by 48 girls itself.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  3. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    @hugoa The semantics doesn't really matter. It's basically Salt. Call her Solt if you wish.

Moving on, I watched both MJ4 episode 1 and MJ1 episode 1 again just to have an objective view. Some things I noticed:

1. There were a lot less extras and no introduced actors /actresses in MJ4. In MJ1, you had the principal, teacher, Maeda's parents, etc. Is this a production issue? Imo, having some real actors around can add more to the drama and definitely guide some of the girls (especially those who are new to acting.)
    2. The episode seemed crammed but that is to be expected. MJ1 was 28mins long while MJ4 is down to 22.
    3. Happy that some girls others were rooting for appeared as minor characters.
    4. Why did they call NyanNyan"Kojiharu-senpai"? Aside from her Torigoya alias, was she ever called Kojiharu? oh well. Glad she appeared.
    5. Some of the acting was kinda cringe-worthy (Sorry Nana,,) and the fight scenes looked okay but you could tell it was definitely choreographed. It's as if the girls were following a dance routine. Wish they would work on making it a tad more realistic.
    6. Sakura's character needs more spunk. They're definitely cooking her up to be Maeda 2.0 but it's not very good in the long run. I hope she becomes more outspoken or something.
    7. The opening and ending songs were kinda disappointing. They're typical yes but not as emotion-inducing unlike Sakura no Shiori. I sincerely hope any of these songs won't be the next AKB single. Though the songs here aren't appearing in the new album right?

I'm interested for more as usual but I'm not keeping my hopes high. Not unless they bring my oshis in hehe
    Lastly
    Judging from the ending, I feel like Sakura's father left her in the river bank and she grew up to be an orphan. lol

4. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Otabe hasn't really done anything suspicious yet. If she does or when she does, maybe we'll get to know the reason why Salt became the president and might help Sakura overthrow Salt.

As for Gekioko, they really need backup as Hinabe did beat the underlings that provoked them.

5. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    You know it's Maji when:

MJ1+2 Atsuko takes off her glasses
    MJ3 Paru takes off her shushu (ponytail)
    and now MJ4 Sakura takes off her ribbon

6. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

"Solt", in this context, is a name. You shouldn't translate or change the way a name is written. Of course, if you like, you can write her name as "Salt".

7. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Your theories are good, too, however, being a lead doesn't mean that she can't end up being one of the major antagonists. If she changes heart, then this will go like the Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann route where they team up to defeat an even greater foe (Gekioko).

I did say my knowledge in Japanese was not that good, but I may have worded that wrong. Most of the time, I can understand Japanese well enough, but only when I am focused on it. :^^;: However, this is just a fan theory, and I don't see how my knowledge of Japanese has any affect on it.
    Anyway, like I said before, Otabe doesn't want Rappapa to catch on to her true motives, which is why she is playing along with the rest of them. She could very well be a main antagonist, too, just like eternalord said. Characters have done it before in the past. A good example is
    Gin from Bleach
    I can see what you are saying, but, as in what eternalord said, too, she could have a change of heart going on to defeat a greater foe. She would then be seen as someone who redeemed themselves, which is good.

*Edit: I just wanted to add some clarification as to my knowledge of Japanese. :) I have been studying for a while, but I excel more at reading and writing than I do listening and speaking. I probably should practice more that I am in Japan now. :^^;:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  8. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Takamina's characters have no continuity. She was a student who died in S1, a cop in S2 and now she's a life coach/cafe worker :p I wouldn't take her character's role into account when it comes to figuring out the continuity between the seasons.

Also bear in mind about "Solt" that katakana names and words don't always have to be from English! In many other languages, including European ones, solt is their word for salt.

9. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    True, but I think they are sticking to the way it is spelled in English. Also, ソルト is "Soruto" in Romaji and not "Solt". There is no 'l' in the Japanese language.:)

10. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    To have Paruru and Sakura team up to beat Gekiojo is very likely, Dragon Ball Z is like the ultimate archetype scenario to compare.

But if that the case, great heroes need great foes. Antonio and Milky need to be extremely charismatic if we want that to work out.

11. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

I'm pretty sure while it may not have much to the storyline, or perhaps the writers get creative, but I wouldn't put it past me that the reason why she renamed to Scandal (despite being Wota) involves her story of re-taking her 2nd/3rd year, like cheating or perhaps something else.

Now if this was a drama with more budget/sponsors, I would NOT be surprised if they dedicated one episode to Wota/Scandal in explaining the pieces of where, how, when, and why of her current situation; however, with so many characters being introduced, main and minor ones, I doubt it. I guess that's what fan fiction is used for.

I will also note of the subtle use of a character theme, like Salt's. Sorta like how Ennio Morricone did with the films he was contracted for as a composer; I'll probably have to watch the episode again to see if this applies to all characters, but Salt's has this flute/wind instrument theme going on. Like Good Will Hunting, it's Wicked Smaaht

12. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Just to make a clarification because I don't know if my phrase was misunderstood.
    "(according to your text - my japanese it's not good enough to have caught that)"
    This is a comment about my understanding/knowledge of japanese, not yours. I'm saying that because my japanese is far from being perfect (especially when the girls use different intonations), I didn't caught the part where they were explaining the differences between the current and previous "rapapa".
    Because I was using the argument that the group was "bad" to complete my reasoning (in point 1), I felt the need to provide the source for that argument (in this case your text). I'm pretty certain that your knowledge of japanese is much better than mine.:^^;:

I'm a big anime fan, but, unfortunately, that one it is not the style of anime that I like.:^^;:

13. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Ah, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :^^;:

yfw you realize who the real antagonist in all of this is

[​IMG]

14. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    @Greed That would be glorious! I kinda miss her character:( love her or hate her, she was an integral part in the story.

15. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

That it is true. But since they (the people making the show) went to the trouble of providing their own writing (using alphabet characters) for us. I believe we should respect that as much as possible.:^^;:

AKB48 Majisuka Gakuen 4 ep01-1280x720.mp4_snapshot_21.39_[2015.01.12_18.25.41].jpg

Of course, we might learn later that it was "bakamono" who wrote the stickers.:rofl:

16. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    She was actually the best fighter all along, even better than Atsuko, Otabe, Salt, etc. She pretended to be weak and followed Atsuko around, so she could study and learn more about her.:fear:
    :fp: I didn't catch that. [hehe]

Bakamono, you had one job!!:lol:

17. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

18. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    I still want more Naachan, but I am glad she was there at all.

I wonder if there will be some sort of traitor who joins the other school or something. A spy. That could be cool.

19. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Remember the movie "Salt"(a 2010 spy movie, played by Angelina Jolie)? In Japan they call it ソルト. Yes, Soruto. So I see no problem whether it's Salt or Solt, both are correct in their own ways. It's like debating which one is correct: Colorful Flower or Karafuru Furawa. :hehe:

By the way, they write Salt/Solt as Soruto (ソルト) which reminds me of Naruto (ナルト) and his son, Boruto (ボルト). Maybe Rappappa President is one of their family members :lol:

20. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

^ "ソルト" is the correct pronunciation in japanese for the word "salt". If you listen carefully to how they address Paruru, you can hear that they call her "ソルト".
    But the difference in this case is that "Solt" is a person name (or alias in this case) and it is already provided in western alphabet. Names (or alias) should be used as they are.
    Now, because the reading of the word in English is different from the actual (assumed) initial meaning for the word, I would recommend writing Salt or "Solt" (note the double quotes). Of course, anyone can write the way they want.

• Like Like x 1