Event / Concert AKB48 Request Hour Set List Best 1035 2015 (15/01/21 to 15/01/25)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    That's all fine and good. However pretty much all of the song selection complaints I have seen on this thread can be summed up as "Why don't more people pick the songs that I like?!?!?" [hehe]

v REVERSE EDIT: @MocchiMooch Disappointed you neglected to mention Yuttan's Mushi no Ballad, who is in my opinion the best performer of the song aside from Sayaka.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Now now, I find Okada Nana's performance ability to be incredible. She has a very intense demeanor, and her singing is WAYYYY better than average. Mushi no Ballad is a hard song to perform correctly, because it has quite a bit of emoting to set it off. Shibuya Nagisa and Takamina are the only two besides Sayaka that have managed to PERFORM it with the right amount of intensity...

Mocchi's singing is incredible for it, but she's standing solidly still and not really moving or emoting.. and that's why I don't consider it a perfect performance. Nyan and Sae both sang it well too, but they didn't move much.

I think Nana's performance routine for it is the best of both words because she still moves and acts, but concentrates on singing it well. She's not an amazing singer yet, but her potential is very obvious. Give her a few years, and she'll be HUGE.

I'm glad Nana was picked to perform it. I want her to make it big. She's made leaps and bounds, but she still hasn't quite hit the senbatsu level quite yet and I wish her well.

As for Mocchi...I prefer my queen to perform within a unit. Dakishimeraretara and Ude wo Kunde are her crowning jewels, in my opinion. She has trouble with her voice getting shaky when she performs live. And she's AWFUL at lipsyncing... so I hope Itsumo Soba Ni is performed live, because I'd rather hear her shaky voice than the same one I've listened to over and over lol.

Off-topic: my favorite part of Mocchi's performance of Mushi no Ballad is Sayanee's shocked expression when she starts singing. And you can see her stan-ing hardcore near the end <3 Vocal Queens needs to stan for each other hehe

The question of the day, is.... WHAT WAS THE LINE UP FOR JUNJOU SHUGI?!?!?!???!

3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Hmmmmm I think on the whole that people are pretty realistic about why some songs rank well and others don't. I think it's a valid for those who wish it were different to say so. The fact that last years thread was almost exactly the same as this one (and the year before that and the year before that etc etc) is amusing though, you could pretty much copypasta half of last years comments into this thread and no-one would know the difference :lol:

4. notsolittlej

notsolittlej Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qurlsday
    @MocchiMooch
    Junjou Shugi was Yukirin, Haachan and Mayu :)

5. ikemenlover

ikemenlover Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    It is not that the fans are not able to beat her rivals, just that her fans tend to spread the vote in more than one songs, rather than powervoting on certain song. She has over than 4 signature songs, and Omoide no Hotondo. And all her more famous signature songs are within top 100 last year. Itoshisa no axcel is ranked as the highest solo song ranked in the whole request hour. This year , again, her fans spread the vote again and there are more than 10 trademark songs of her ready tO be voted, including the less famous one. So, .....

6. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    @MocchiMooch There were many bird houses behind Mocchi, Takamina seems to not believe her eyes. :D But Mocchi didn't had to move, she had a dancer to do that. New name for the song, Mocchi no Ballad. :)

7. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    ..Again? :p Last year's request hour had the same line-up. It was an incredible stage, but the dancing was deadpan and the performance was lipsynced if I remember correctly... :-/ I guess they had to restrict their dancing and singing so as to not fall off the stage and die... But really, it could've been SO much better. I hope this one was more impressive.

Also.. @gotbild , now you're speaking my language ;) I was surprised myself, that they picked her to sing it.

She could literally sing me a list of numbers or a phonebook, and I'd still fawn over her. The only reason I wanted her to move more is because I love seeing her dance with that long hair slinging around everywhere haha. It looks intense.

8. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    OT so under spoiler tag it goes...

@MocchiMooch Along with Yuttan's that @Cristafari mentions, you are missing Kuumin's Mushi no Ballad. It fits the bill you described perfectly for an excellent showing of the song. And IMHO, is the best one I have seen of the song, bar-none. Yes, even better that my Kami-Oshimen Yukirin, and Sayaka's venerable perfromance. You have not seen Kumi's ver? Well you are in luck, I keep that one bookmarked:D...

if the video does not show watch the video here

Back to RH.

I speak for myself when I say this. Yes, I have bemoaned the fact that some songs have had lower positions than I would have liked. It is part of the fun of this event.I don't mind doing it for a few songs, and I don't mind reading others peoples take on it. As long as it is not to gratuitous. There is a nice contrast I enjoy that I associate with RH. The lows of a disappointing ranking along with the highs of seeing a fave get a good or great rank. And for reading others, it is interesting to see what other peoples likes are.

I will say that now that we are in the Top 200 songs, and these are all getting a moment in the spotlight on stage, there should be a lot more joy for all these song getting were they are. I mean even Yume no Kawa got a damn good rank, all things considered. Number 200 out of 1035 songs is pretty impressive. And it only gets more impressive the higher the ranks go.

9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I'm a bit sad to see some of the 'old great classics' rank so low...but I guess it's just a fact of life...

10. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I think the most painful thing was seeing where each song ranked. It's hard to accept that your faves aren't well-liked lol.

I literally had chest pains when KKEcstasy and Kokoro no Kagi were shown on the countdown...and JJ ni Karita Mono didn't even make it close to 200.. same with Stoic na Bigaku and Switch.

I play them so many times to myself that I guess I've become desensitized to the fact that they're unpopular b-sides and album/stage songs haha. I literally forget that all the time.

The biggest victory for me is that Mocchi and Akicha's solos both made it to the top 200, and they STILL haven't been performed! It shows that people haven't given up on them yet :) I was worried, since Mocchi really slipped a lot with SSK.

ALSO: Omoide Ijou hasn't been performed yet, right? Wonder if Yukko is coming back!??! I REALLY HOPE SO. The thought of her not being in it gives me heartburn.

11. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    cant wait to see tomorrows set list

12. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Sometimes it isn't that fans don't like them, but only that they prefer to vote for another song. Another of the reasons people often say is that fans prefer to vote for newer songs because the old ones have already been performed a lot of times...

13. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Counted the solos, and I think there are actually 31 in the top 200. That's not counting Bird (which is almost a solo in its short version), Yume no Kawa, or a few duets in there

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It'd be interesting to see what the top 4 or 5 Stages would be as voted for by the fans.

And to stop power-voting the Stages would then be performed by a randomly selected Himawarigumi lineup. This would, for example, curtail NMB fans from power-voting the only original NMB stage because they wouldn't be guaranteed to see NMB members perform the stage. The main drawback to this would be that that it would be an awful lot of rehearsal time to devote to a one-off performance of a Stage.

15. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Man was I wrong in my ranking about Omoidasenai Hana. It's such a good song, I thought there would be more people voting for it. But I guess the fans of each girl might have split up and voted solo songs instead.

It's cool that Acchan, Yuttan and others are coming back to sing these songs. But that's kind of what I expected for the 10th anniversary RH.

16. Magickaito

Magickaito Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Mushi no Ballad by Okada Nana, because I not able to see it yet but I think it will good enough eventhough maybe not best. That song have some difficulties cause it designed for Sayaka with voice like that. Naachan will have sometriuble especially with her short breath. So many member have been perform this song butI will agree with SKE fans that Mushi no Ballad by Yamashita Yukari is very good performance like it reach no. 1 in Request hour last year even to compare to original one.

Romance Kakurenbo sing by 5 people likely interesting, 5 from few best performance of that song.

17. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I'm still in awe that Stargazer ranked in the top 200. I love how this year's Top 200 is such a display of diversity within 48G.

Like we have solo performances from Takamina, Sasshi, Yui, Paruru, Mayu, Aachan, etc.. As expected... but also Akicha, Moccha, Nana, Yuka, Yukue, etc. I think it's a very nice way of ringing in the 10th anniversary year.

EXCEPT: Tomochin. Like... how on earth did she not make Top 200?

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I know, I can't wait for "etc" to perform her debut single too. :D

19. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Is that a dig at me for forgetting Wasamin..? LOL Sowwie. I always forget about her for some reason :(

20. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i'm so happy Acchan is back for Yume no Kawa, i've been waiting a long time for this moment, bless the mgm (and i rarely say this)

so freaking happy, and that's all i care about now lol