1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. LightFury

LightFury Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    thank you for the sub for episode 3 :worthy::worthy::worthy: ...cant wait for next week for the showdown of Sakura vs Bakamono.

2. Joe

Joe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Bakamono will kick Sakura´s butt for sure. Wait and see! [hehe]

3. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    or maybe she will help Sakura to beat Rapappa.
    because she's baka maybe with a little persuasion she will help Sakura lol

4. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Ryoka, Juri and that other girl (not Mion, not Rena Kato, the other one)... those 3 are good actresses IMO. Also... I really hope Sayanee is powerful... if all she does is wait and scheme and stand up and stare off in the distance while talking and then get her but kicked as soon as it his her turn to fight I will be seriously disappointed.

5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    That would be Team B's Uchiyama Natsuki, nickname Nakkii. I like to think of her as Team B's new gen fisher. Her HS reports are stellar. Also known for co-authoring a book on Japan's constitution, aimed at the youth/teen demographic. Hence her in-show character's name.

6. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I'm quite sure Sayanee will be powerful. Her character's off and a bit like an awkward joke now, but I think once she really starts fighting, she'll be back to being intimidating. I don't know if it's intentional but Antonio is very very awkward though.I was not really expecting too much from her since the start cause she doesn't have confidence in her acting at all. And as much as I like Sayanee, so far, I feel like she's lacking something. She might be able to make up for it once she finally starts fighting though (whenever that is lol). But thanks to my oshi bias, I'm finding awkward Antonio really cute, but I don't know if Antonio is supposed to be cute haha. She could be...since it can easily be used as a gap in character haha.

I don't think someone who was weak would even dare to attempt to take on Salt. There's that and out of all the girls in the cast, she's physically the strongest anyway, and I bet will be the most convincing fighter, so it'll be odd if she wasn't strong. There's that as well as...as I said in the past, don't forget she's the highest ranking member in the entire cast. It won't be fair to her if they made her end up as some weakling, being one of the top members in the group etc. I definitely think she and Salt are on the same level in terms of their strength/power.

That being said I think Kobii is just frustrated because if Antonio is reaaally strong, she could probably take down the 4 Queens on her own, or maybe with the help of Kobii, and wouldn't need to wait for Sakura to do the work. Kobii just wants to get out into the action whereas Antonio, I think, wants to ensure that Gekioko will have a higher chance of success in their goal of taking the top. I guess Antonio was to reserve all her energy and be in her full strength in order to face Salt rather than expend it unnecessarily when someone is already doing the work for her. Kobii probably doesn't get that though and wants to be involved in the entire process rather than sitting down and waiting.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  7. lordnoobs

lordnoobs Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Does anyone else get the feeling paruru is trying to sound like a ghost everytime she talks or is it just me?

8. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    Am I the only one who isn't too concerned about the plot? :p

Anyway, I wanted to re-watch seasons 1 and 2, but they're disappearing from gozua's Dailymotion account :( Anyone know where else I can find them (with eng-subs?)

9. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

dramacool or goodrama

10. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Just finished watching the subs for ep 3, and it supplements my excited feeling for the episode. Couple of things to bring to attention, which may be nothing.

Guys bored? Guys have free time? Perhaps want to be entertained? Pop a seat, and read:
    1) NEWS TRAVELS FAST: It's been a while since I saw the first 2 seasons (actually need to watch the 3rd one) but how does news travels fast from school to school? At first, it could be an opportunity to reveal a new plot point where someone in School 1 is actually in cohorts with someone in School 2, this could be just conjecture. Though, if possibility, that could be something to exploit cause:

a) Someone mentioned a ring on Otabe's neck, which may be for decoration, BUT also could be use for plot point. That ring could answer why she 'stepped' down as President from Season 2 to now, perhaps it could answer why she's taking the grade again. Who knows? It's amazing the amount of twists and turns we could do

b) This could also open the INFERNAL AFFAIRS/THE DEPARTED storyline, where someone in School 2 is implanted in School 1 and someone in School 1 is implanted in School 2. That could explain why information gets brought back to the Nurse School quick, without any reveal as to why. But then that begs the question, who is in School 2 that's implanted in School 1?

2) My crazy theory?
    Otabe, which her backstory (if revealed in a future episode) could explain a lot of things. Why she came back again (it was alluded she was 'stupid' when Bakamono started talking, though it wasn't explained, which either means that the whole group knows and it's not spoken about, or nobody knows and it's the creed to not be privy into people's story due to the 'chemistry' of the group.

Also, knowing how some of the character's true events is shaped into the drama (Kawaei as bakamono because of her test scores on Mechaike, Iriyama as Yoga ironically because she rivals Kojima in lack of flexibilty, Owada as Zombie because of her role in Sailor Zombie, etc), it's perfect to use Yokoyama's true life shaped into the drama. How is she related to the Nurse school? She passed the Pharmacy exam (if I recall). Pharmacy. Nurse school. Medical field.

[​IMG]

3) The Power of Structure: I noticed some mentioned about how the attitude of the 1st years were....surprising and not understandable. I thought it was perfectly understandable giving this one caveat: the length of the season. If this was, let's say, the length of Game of Thrones or Dragonball Z where it's a long standing series, then I would understand the frustration. However, since there's only 10-12 episodes at about 20 minutes each, the quickness of the change of the attitude is acceptable. Now Why?
    A) The age of the group: Remember, these are 1st year students, Freshman. Like most characters in this archtypes, they are young, brash, and think they are better than everyone else. In other words, they are used to living a life where they can take anything with their power without much resistance. Living such a life, one gets used to it and in turn, you really have no goal except living through it and getting what you want, which leads to:

B) Lack of a goal: Like most characters in this archtype, they do not have a goal. Without a goal, life is chaotic and unorganized, which is evident when they were first introduced: walking around looking for fights for the hell of it, no goal in these fights except for you're annoying, etc. However, a goal was introduced to them when they were defeated. Now they have structure, a chart follow, a goal, which is like a light to these characters who were wallowing in darkness, which leads to:

C) Symbiotic Relationship: Yes, these 1st year girls need Sakura, she gives them a goal to achieve. However, Sakura needs these girls as well, even while she doesn't realize it at first. Think of all the sidekicks in movies or literature. Heroes NEED sidekicks, for multiple reasons. One is to better the Hero is not only in their abilities, but also in their goals and motivation. It was evident in episode 3, where Minami mentions how a group is stronger to stand while one who stands alone will fall. It's beautiful.

Hope you guys enjoyed this read and perhaps one day, you'll see me in the writing cast for MG 5

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  11. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @55Cyanides Just wanted to say, I like your theories and think they're pretty valid.
    Also about news travelling fast, I found that rather interesting too. Can I just add one more thing? In Episode 1, Antonio in Gekioko talked about building an army and collecting people right? What exactly did she mean by that? Because we haven't seen her with any partners and what not yet. I wonder about Otabe but if that is really true, wow *mindblown*

In terms of character knowledge, I can only really apply that to Sayanee/Antonio and a little to Milky/Kobii, and due to familiarity issues, they're the only ones I can devise theories about. It's interesting to read what you had to say about the others! I did notice they do like to include some of their real life traits into MG, but I don't know if I put too much consideration into that for Antonio and Kobii's case. If you are bothered to see, here's my perception them both:

1. From the way, I look at it, Antonio is like a shogun or leader of a gang where they may act brutal at times but still have loyal followers because the leaders actually care (not directly but subtly) for their members, and has an ambition that the followers want to join in and be part of the cause.

2. I had thought of no. 1 since the first episode, but Dasu/Tsurishi addressed Sayanee as Antonio-neesan, so their relationship does seem to be like that of a typical gang, and that reaffirmed what I thought then.

2. Majijo on the other hand, the 4 Queens are all individual fighters and are one for themselves. Maybe except Yoga who was seen fighting for the sake of Salt. But basically, they all seem to have their own individual motives. Instead of one common goal as compared to Gekioko's desire to take the top/teppen tottande which is Sakura's ambition as well of course, which is why they're currently the antagonists.

3. And to the allusion in real life, Antonio in Gekioko is like Sayanee in NMB. Despite Sayanee being more popular than most AKB members based on rank, hs sales and what not, she doesn't want to go on ahead on her own. She is still keen to continue pulling NMB up with her, cause it's not only about her, it's about the group as well. Antonio I feel is similar in wanting to involve everyone in Gekioko so that they'll feel part of the battle like by having her underlings taking down other small schools, as seen in episode 3.

4. Cause it does really seem that Antonio and Kobii are the only ones that seem awfully powerful as compared to the rest. And if her underlings aren't strong enough to take on Majijo, then that doesn't leave them much to do if Antonio and Kobii both went for a direct attack.

5. And so I think this teppen/taking the top thing could be a promise Antonio made to the people in Gekioko. And so I think that's maybe why Antonio is so concerned about things like timing to ensure higher chance of success in trying to make their dream come true. And this is especially if Antonio retained that strong sense of responsibility Sayanee has as NMB captain.

6. Kobii, on the other hand though, I think doesn't really get what Antonio is trying to do. So she feels like she has to take matters into her own hands. And it'll happen sooner or later, the time when she defies Antonio. Not just cause she was impatient and hasty, but despite being Assistant Head, Antonio wasn't properly listening to her or paying attention to her even.

7. Kobii then rebels because she wants to get Antonio's attention to look at her and see what she can do. If we really follow this allusion to real life theory, then there's gonna be some fan service for SayaMilky somewhere. I'm sure screenwriters had a reason of pairing them together, and are fully aware of how popular that Sayamilky ship is. And if they care about getting higher ratings, we are bound to see some fan service.

12. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

@convenience93

Love it, you did bring a good point about building an army in Episode 1, which opens more things, but first I just realize:

1) Yokoyama's Backstory: Don't forget, she was also with NMB from 2012 to 2013, so if we're doing elements of realism into the drama, that could also play into the theory of Otabe being for the other team.

2) Building an Army: As in Episode 3, KY and Zakoboss just came back from a mission, which Zako was carrying a sign of a school they just defeated (sort of like the stories of martial artists going from Dojo to Dojo in fighting their best student and if won in a duel, they'll take the sign of the school, which was the most honored or the face of the school). This could be the act of collecting students from other schools. From a fan point of view, PERRFFFFECTTT opportunity to have someone from JKT/SNH48 to show up, but I believe that'll be all for naught, with Visa and what not. But hey, that would be excellent.

3) @convenience93 on Point #7: Excellent, actually I wouldn't be surprised if this will use the SIDEKICK needs HERO, HERO needs SIDEKICK plot point.

4) Who Gains From All Of This?: Right now, we're giving with this plot point: School 1 is the 'top' with strong fighters; they are disjointed and an exchange student comes in to BECOME the top. School 2 wants to attack, to probably overtake the top. Question: Who gave Antonio the idea that they have a great chance of defeating School 1? Besides Kobii (with her Jab Jab tendencies), I'm assuming that the others with her can't overtake the 4 Queens, Salt, AND Sakura (not to mention the 1st years). In terms of just man to man battle, it seems like School 1 has more powerful warriors than School 2, which leads to this assumption:

A) There's going to be at least another major player aligning with School 2, which'll have at least the same amount of strong characters or perhaps, the one who's giving the ideas to Antonio. Think of the WISEMAN, who was actually disguised as Death Phantom, from Sailor Moon R saga. Everyone was pawns, listening to his word, until everyone was weakened. Sort of like Antonio is doing, waiting for her time to strike, but something about her character seems to be more honorable and strategic, not cunning and deceitful.

B) There are characters playing for both teams.

C) Characters are continuing to show up to even up the side

13. hikariayaka

hikariayaka Kenkyuusei

Please don't hate me but almost everyone were really bad in acting especially the two protagonist. They're not powerful enough to make this drama wonderful.

Sakura is like a robot.

Paruru looks like nothing and doesn't look like a protagonist at all.

Okada Nana's aura and acting in 1st episode wasn't pleasing.

Mako looks like she's just memorizing and wait for her turn.

Naanya only knows cutesy things and doesn't know how to act when she's being hit by sakura and same with Mako, she's looks like waiting for her turn.

Juri is also good but as just what I said to Mako, she's just memorizing and was very obvious to predict on what she will do in her acting.

I can't say much things to Ryoka coz she's been really like that also in reality, it looks like her acting was normal which is good. This is much better than her acting in AKB48SHOW.

I am disappointed to Mion but I'll let this pass, since this drama is different from all the drama's she had. Well, Mion is not a yankee but her acting in AKB48SHOW was really great.

Kato Rena
    She doesn't have a line much but her acting is not that bad and good.

Uchiyama Natsuki
    I want to see more of her. Her acting was just ok but not that great.

4 Heavenly Queens has experience already, therefore it's pretty normal to see their act normally good.

Tani Marika
    This drama suits her. Therefore, her acting is naturally good.

Sayanee
    She's also ok but I still want more powerful.

Milky
    Her character in here fits her. Therefore, her acting is also good and looks natural

This is too long. I'm tired already.

In Drama World. MG4 is a waste, even though it receives a high rating.

14. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Alright eps 3. Laughed at how Bakamono went around the school lookin for a student named Ten Kousei. I like Yoga's flexible style of fighting, thought i hope that they will show the reason why Yoga adored Salt that much... And alas, Salt never recognize her from the beginning. Aside from the fact that i'm getting impatient to see Magic's style of fighting, Bakamono looks really brutal. Crossing my finger that in this fight Sakura will be helped by some friends.

15. lordnoobs

lordnoobs Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Having seen the first three instalments of this series I think if you're here for quality, hell even decent acting, any semblance of a good plot or any of the other things that makes a drama good, you're going to be sorely disappointed. At the end of the day it's an akb drama meant to promote members. For me the best way to enjoy it is to just turn off my brain, enjoy and cringe at the scenes, appreciate the cheoreography and try not to think too hard about the plot.
    Speaking of bad acting, have you seen joushikou keisatsu? I think that was the first time I've seen the staff give up on an actor delivering the correct lines and just go with whatever they had.

16. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    From the preview of ep 4, we see Bakamono sort of sending Sakura a letter to challenge her, and a preview of the fight. I doubt Sakura's 'underlings' will be much of help too this time.

I'm still holding on too to Otabe Betrayal Theory (hahaha what kind of name is this)
    Seeing she's an integral part of Rappapa's bonds, Rappapa will be pretty much destroyed if she left or change heart to Antonio. It would be interesting if Sakura, instead of destroying them, makes them united by defeating each of the Shitenou. The defeat teaches them a lesson (just like KamiZombi, but I hope it will be less cheesy).

Meanwhile Gekioko is building their army (maybe like Yabakune last time where they made alliance with another school, or simply using the defeated schools under their reign), and Antonio's motive will be explained better and given a depth. Like what you guys said, Sayanee in real life is the highest ranking member in sousenkyo who is cast, she can't be just a villain without story.

Before Sakura commence to fight Salt, Gekioko attacks. That's where Salt too, will discover a new value: that she needs companion. Then newly united Majijo vs Gekioko as a big brawl, where I hope there will be a winner. I don't really care which school will win, I just want they provide an interesting story that leads to the final battle :D

To summarize my prediction, it will lead to this:
    Sakura vs Salt (not started yet/unfinished/draw) ------> Sakura & Salt vs Antonio

17. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    Lol I love comments like this. 1000 yen says you watch every episode of this series though.

18. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    There better be a scene where bakachan fights a Sakura tree because reasons.

19. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    LMFAO i would die laughing

20. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    My thoughts
    1. Otabe would still side with Majijo.
    She's a smart girl who can pick fights that matter. She was a transfer student so her loyalty would be of Majijo. She even asked Center to fight alongside her against Yabakune. If she wanted something, I think she'll take it even if it meant the presidency again. She may have her own ambitions but she won't use people to do it for her.

2. Sakura has trust issues.
    It's like she doesn't want any help, but seeing her latest fight with Yoga, she can barely walk on her own after that. I think she'll need more help. in the upcoming fights but since she earned the trust of Team Hinabe, Kamisori and Zombie, it's undeniable that she'll have someone on her back.

3. Kobii feels uneasy about Antonio's plans.
    I think she might do things on her own terms if she'll be misunderstood more. Right now it's just a few students are being sent to Majijo to fight but all have failed so far. Doesn't cost them much to do jabs at Majijo.

4. Bakamono is an interesting character.

She had a chance to take down Sakura before Yoga but being baka worked to her advantage. She isn't beaten yet and Yoga is. It will be a fun fight to say the least.