1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

When will you 'graduate' from AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by jujuchuu, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Criss

Criss Member

Like a lot of "Old Watch" fans im already graduated, since 2012 :v: Just after AKB ended their best era, 2010-2011.

2. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    because I'm was a AKB (only) fans, I will graduate if kennin or sister group dominate AKB.

just waste time/money if support AKB which has dominated by other group, it just make me feel support other group than AKB itself.

3. Stephen

Stephen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I feel the only thing that will keep me away from akb48 is age. I will graduate when I feel I am too old and others start calling me a pervert. Lol

4. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I would probably graduate when Sayanee, Paruru, and Tano graduate and I can't find anyone who can fill the void they left as my oshi, and when the groups music, concerts and shows go downhill.

5. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I've wondered this question for a while, considering if Rena ever graduates I would feel pretty lost if she left. I can handle Akane graduating, or even some other members I like, but it would be tough to replace her, I've been following her since the beginning and I admit I'm pretty invested as a fan. Akarin would be another, there's no way someone's going to replace how special she's been.

So I guess even though I feel I wouldn't graduate because there are other members I like and could give more support to, would I start to miss how things used to be maybe? Hard to say.

6. Takamina

Takamina Kenkyuusei

Sometimes I share this feeling. We joined this forum almost at the same time.

To be honest I don't know. My Oshimen will leave soon and my other favorite members won't never be senbatsu excepted Yukirin.
    In "new generation" the only one who caught my eyes is Nakanishi Chiyori.
    I'm not sure it's enough...

On the other way, AKB48's songs belongs to my life!
    Summer songs were/are always on my Ipod on the beach, I listened them in the labor room, I dance with my son on them...
    Finally I think if I had to "graduate" I can't forget AKB48 for my all life.

7. うぃむ33

うぃむ33 Kenkyuusei

Really, never. Not unless all 48 groups completely stop activity, then I guess everybody graduates lol.
    Even after Jurina leaves, there are new members coming in all the time. It's really fun to find out who you want to cheer for, and so far the music hasn't disappointed me either.

One regret is that I wish I had found this forum earlier. I've never joined a forum before, it's really fun to talk about 48g with others who know about them. I'm a new face here, but I've been a fan for a long time (the first song I heard was Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka, but I fell in love with them when I studied abroad in Tokyo in 2008).

Anyway, AKB/sister groups have been such a big part of my life, and their music has helped me through happy times and sad times. Even after they disband, it is something I will always carry with myself.

8. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    not sure.

Seeing that I'm interested in following Miyawaki and Yokoyama, I'd say I'll be around for at least another 4~5 years.

I just hope Matsui Rena and Yukirin will be around for a while longer

9. achanoshiJKT

achanoshiJKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Since I'm a new fan, I have never felt the feel of graduation (of my kamioshi) and I still don't know how long I will stay in this fandom :p. Paruru may graduate next 2-3 years but it may be sooner, since she said that she will graduate if she lose to her kouhai (will it happen if Sakura beat her on SSK? :eek:). But I have few other young gen oshis that perhaps can make me stay longer, such as Sayaya, Jurina (is she a young gen?:^^;:), Sahho (probably graduate soon), and some soon-to-be-my oshi-members like Miki-chan, Tomu, Nanami-chan, etc. But I'm still not sure what will happen to my interest coz Paruru has made me so interested in idol world [hehe].

10. ACE CARD

ACE CARD Kenkyuusei

I think I will lose interest in akb48 when Yukirin graduates.
    However, I might stick around until mayuyu graduates from Akb48.
    My feelings tells me that Yukirin will graduate before Mayu does.

11. mayuoshiri

mayuoshiri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    To be honest, I had already graduated when Oku Manami graduated, but I "re-auditioned" and my now oshi is Mayu.

I will graduate when Mayu graduates, but I think I will fully graduate when both Rena and Mayu leave. I think by then, there will be too many sister groups and kennins and it will just confuse and bore me anyway...

12. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I don't think I'll lose interest yet in this group. Even if I joined S48 in 2012 and got into the group 5 years ago, it's been a long time. Reason being here is because I can find someone interesting and only a few of my oshis have graduated since then. They are replaced and the cycle continues. If there's something interesting that can take away my time from AKB for good then that's the time I actually graduate. Until then. there's no timeframe for me.

13. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I've been gradually losing interest in the group, especially since what made me fall in love with it (Stages) is basically gone for good now. But I'm still way too emotionally attached to the group and their music, and well, even though I'm no longer crazy about the group like I used to be, I love the girls a lot, and I find them genuinely entertaining. AKB proper doesn't really excite me very much, and sometimes I feel like I'm too old for the new gen, and I actually don't have any new gen favorites other than Jurina but lol she's been around since forever. However, I have a lot of new gen favorites in the sister groups, and basically NMB and SKE are my jam. HKT is pretty cool too, it's a pity that they don't have a solid discography yet though, because my main interest is and will always be the music.

I guess I'll stay around as long as the girls entertain me and the music is fun for me. 2012 was a pretty crappy year music wise IMO, and that's when I stopped being so dedicated to watching every PV or listening to every song. I'm mostly a casual fan by now, I guess, although I still feel actual oshi-feels towards Milky and Yui.

ETA: I figured that after Yuko graduated I'd be done with the group, but here I am. Who would've thought? It's a weird feeling to choose a new oshi when the girl you've been following since the beginning of your fandom is gone, because I never oshihen-ned. It was even weirder to come to terms with the fact that I love Milky more than I love Yui, who was always my ni-oshi. Weird wota dilemmas I guess.

14. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

I'm starting to stop following the girls's activities. Now, I'm only focus to the music. So I guess, when the music comes sh*tty, that's when I'm graduated.

15. eri0398

eri0398 Guest

I don't think I will graduate from this fandom. I'm the type of person who is getting bored easily of certain thing, but this 48 fandom still captures me till now (for me it's been almost 3-4 years) and it's the longest time for me. Usually I'd get into a fandom for abt 2 months - 1year. And then I'd leave them. But for AKB's case, whenever I started to lose interest on them, there're always something that makes me going crazy over them again. Even after Sae and Jurina graduate, I don't think I'll lose interest on the group.

Unless there are something unexpected happen (the group disband, or I like other artist more than this group), I think I won't stop loving this group. There are still so may talented members and so many great songs, so I don't think I want to leave them. At least yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
  16. USA48

USA48 Kenkyuusei

I'll graduate when I stop liking the music. That's what started my fandom, that's primarily what keeps it going. (Though it has been a lot of fun to get caught up in handshake events, elections, and gravure magazines :)) Who knows when (or if) that will happen? AKB has some beautiful songs which I don't think I'll ever start to dislike but musical tastes change. There are some songs by other groups I've liked since I was a kid and still do; there are other songs that I thought were the greatest ever in high school but I have no interest whatsoever in them now. Which category will AKB fall into? I'll just have to wait and see.

I have been really hurt by some of the graduations (Yuko, Tomochin, and Mariko-sama were the 3 that roped me in, and just like that they are all gone), and will surely get hurt again, but I don't see myself leaving. Sometimes I get "nostalgic" and think that 2009-2011 were the best days of AKB, and they're behind us now, but at the same time, I definitely think anyone who actually did leave the fandom at that time has been missing out. It was funny, I was watching the 2012 Tokyo Dome concert series recently and I couldn't make up my mind. I'd think "Acchan is incredible, there's no one who could ever equal her" and then right after think "Where's Nana Okada? Oh, right." I'd say to myself "Man, their music was so much better back then." then find myself thinking "I wonder when they'll perform KFC. Oh wait." I'm confident the entertainment machine that is 48group will keep up coming up with songs, girls, and events that will keep me interested for a long time, if to a lesser degree.

17. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    I'll still be listening 30 + years from now

18. cennezu

cennezu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    qianbeiting
    Twitter:
    iamtaruchin
    When they disband.

19. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I still don't think any girls in AKB48 so far are as appealing as Acchan was.
    Acchan is to AKB48 like what Muhammad Ali is to Boxing, or Jordan is to Basketball. An iconic figure that can never be replace.

Though the center position don't feel as "natural" without Acchan standing there, that is the only down side. Acchan was too much of a presence.
    While I am sadden by Acchan's departure, there are other girls that I can cheer for.

Matsui Rena and Kashiwagi Yuki are my 2 favorite at the moment,
    I respect Yokoyama's work ethics,
    Paruru is growing on me at a ridiculously fast rate,
    Following Miyawaki's career will be interesting...

Just because Ali's no longer boxing, there's still Pacquiao and Mayweather.
    Just because there's no Jordan, there is still Duncan, LeBron and Chris Paul etc etc.

As long as there are still members who make things exciting/fun, it's good enough for me to follow them. (And hopefully the music will come, but I have faith in Japanese Music)
    I just hope AKB can find another Ace. We have a lot of Centers, but we need another Ace.

20. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

When the only two remaining people AKB I consider of any genuine character leave.... Takamina and Sae.
    There will still be a curiosity of course....but I wont be caring too much about anything that J48G does. However I will be following JKT and SNH more closely.

Wasamin I haven't consider an AKB member since her third single showed she was the real deal when it comes to singing.

PS. I think Yuihan a top notch person too...but she is more recent for me.