1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

I might be completely wrong, but to me it seems to be Miruky.:confused::confused:
    The eyes look the same.:awesome:

2. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Ep 7. Eng subbed. Thanks as always to the great team over at Aidol!:v:

3. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    Am I the only one who finds the Sakura flashback a bit silly....you see her father running away, and he's doing it LITERALLY. Just seems funny every time I see it.

4. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    It's not only very silly (when I showed the first episode to my friend, she was laughing so hard at the runaway dad that she was actually doubling over!), but it also doesn't make sense as Sakura's background story.

Now, if it was something like "my dad beat my mom, and I won't run away like my mom but stand up for myself", that would work.
    Someone running off with no reason for it given (violent wife? debt?) and then going "I WON'T RUN FROM.....WHATEVER MY DAD WAS RUNNING FROM"....it just doesn't work.
    If we get told that Runaway Dad was actually running from Sakura - sad story, but still doesn't work as her reasoning for trying to take the top.

At least for Acchan there was a story and a reason for why the ass-kicking yankee princess went all pacifist unless pressured. It was concrete and we could understand and relate.
    For MG2, the new Majijo had to pull its sh*t together against outside threats and deal with the betrayal of Shibuya. It was concrete and we could understand and relate.
    MG3 - Paruru had a reason to fight, to find out the truth about the murder and the prison. It was concrete and we could understand and relate.

MG4? Sakura is beating girls because she can. I can't think of any other reason. She's trying to be Batman and is just not convincing as an actress in this role.
    At least Gekikara actually had A REASON for being a "beating people for the heck of it" girl and Rena's acting was a pleasure to watch.

...we also didn't spend 50% of the season watching Gekikara or Acchan run.
    Sakura is actually running more than fighting or acting in this show.

I don't know about you guys but I feel embarrassed for her, I really do. Not a good way to start off an acting career.

5. archy89

archy89 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    archykun
    Check Team 8's Nakano Ikumi

6. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    What if Otabe let Sakura win in order to awake Salt "responsability" of being the top of Majisuka school?

It would have been a nice development and somehow "protect" the image of Otabe being super badass and strong from majisuka 2.

In all Shounen archetype, people are strong because they protect something, fighting for an ideal or for someone. Having Salt being first without caring a damn about the school was questionable. I'm glad they have fixed it for the last episodes.

Yet, We still don't know why Sakura craved so much for the top... are they going to fix it and talk about it in last episode? I hope so.

7. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    I'm glad to see Salt finally owning up to her responsibilities. Best scene of the episode.
    Also nice to see Otabe in action. So Badass~
    I'm itching for Gekioko to jabujabu with Majisuka already!
    I'm hoping for a fight scene between Hinabe vs The underling trio~

And still hoping for Maachun's arrival. Which side will she be on, anyway?

8. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Whoa. Now that I rewatched the preview for next week, it looks like whoever that character is might appear in ep 08. The place where Salt is seen punching someone looks like the same one with the one in the picture above.

Then this intrigues me
    [​IMG]
    Who are those guys behind Kobii? They don't seem like Gekioko (at least not from the Nurse Department). Kobii herself also wears a jacket, which she never used before. Does she defect and finally moves on her own? If that happens, then it could explain that new character above as one of her allies.

From the looks of it, Sakura vs Salt won't happen in the next episode. What I caught from the preview is somehow Salt is ambushed by that unknown force (maybe Kobii's—or maybe Antonio's?) in that warehouse/factory, then Sakura comes to help her, hence the running scene. I dunno, anybody want to discuss?

9. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @eternalord
    About Kobii
    I don't think she defected. From episode 7, Antonio declared that Gekioko will FINALLY move. And maybe you didn't fully pay attention to what has been going on in their department/clubroom but from the start, Gekioko was building an army remember? They were defeating other schools to collect allies for their full out war against Majijo. Remember that scene Antonio was talking to Tsurishi, and Tsurishi was like "all that's left is Majijo" because they have defeated all the other yankee schools who then allianced with them cause of that. Gekioko under Antonio did all that in hopes that their numbers would overwhelm majijo despite them not having many strong fighters as compared to Majijo. So the people behind Kobii could be anyone part of their huge alliance, and maybe Kobii just has different set of clothes for actual fighting lol.

And I think the main reason Antonio waited for Sakura to fight all the Shitennou first is so that they'll be a lil demotivated/shaken from their defeat to Sakura (at least that was Antonio's intention) before Gekioko came out to proclaim war.

But it may not have the effect Antonio wanted cause Shitennou are more united now lol. But either way it's all very tactical and just how Antonio wants to ensure victory for her side.

It's just my opinion, but though Antonio and Kobii's methods may be different since Kobii's more cunning, but their intentions for Gekioko are the same. They're both loyal to Gekioko's cause and care for the school, and want their school to reach the top. The real life allusion is of course how both SayaMilky with their different characters and appeals are always thinking about NMB's welfare and protecting it by helping to maintain the group's survival. It's their pride, but also what they love and cherish. That's what Gekioko is to Antonio and Kobii as well, just as how Otabe wanted to protect Shitennou.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  10. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Nah, I'm fully aware Antonio said that, that's why I am not sure whether that new character is Kobii's or Antonio's (or both) ally. I might have worded my statement before wrongly, so I have to apologize. I had no intention to say Kobii defects from Gekioko (or maybe she will? Now that you mention it, you just gave me the idea). What I meant to say was she somehow looks like will 'betray' Antonio again just like in ep 06, but this time she will go all-out.

Other than that, I agree with your reply.

11. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I just watch Ep 7
    Damn my feelings are little bit of mixed. They didn't use Otabe's signature move from MG2 (That sidestep evading), nor explain the reason why she was hold back for a long time.
    And Sakura. Wtf is her motivation to fight?
    She doesn't want to run away like her father? Then what the hell her father is running from?
    Even if he ran away and that sort of explaining why Sakura doesn't want to 'run away' like him, then what's the reasoning behind Sakura wanting to climb the stairs?

So Kobii gathered a group and order that group to take down Salt before Sakura does?
    Kobii, are you jealous that Antonio is obsessed with defeating Salt? [hehe]

Anyway, i'm still hoping that Gekioko will not be defeated in 1-2 episodes because it will be really annoying to see all their hard work on defeating other schools and building an army go down the drain that fast

I just thought that, maybe, JKT's Michelle could be Gekioko's secret insider?
    I really want to see the international members (JKT-SNH) as the main enemy for MG5, a yankee international school maybe?
    With Sae, Harugon, Chikarina, and Mariyannu as the tops? :hehe:

Or idk, let them fight Nogizaka for MG5? A yankee gang that gathers from various schools and area and are traveling around challenging and defeating yankee schools?

12. Chanandler

Chanandler Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
    There's something that I didn't understand about Kobii. She really wanted to "jabujabu" with Majijo, she couldn't wait for it. Now, in the last episode, when Antonio said that it's finally time to battle them and the girls were all screaming "full out war" and hooraying, Kobii's expression seemed worried or, at least, not excited at all (6:54). Maybe she was just worried that Antonio would find out her maneuver of sending the 2nd years to fight Sakura?

13. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I think she doesn't like Majijo for taking Antonio's attention that much. She kept talking about wanting Sakura to defeat the 4 Queens so she send someone to beat her, now that Antonio is starting to move she send people to beat Salt (and Kobii her self might fight this time). If Antonio hold her subordinates because she doesn't want to see them injured, i think Kobii did all this thins because she doesn't want to see Antonio loses again and losing all the respect (Not going to be surprised if Gekioko's coalition broke and the only one who decided to follow Antonio is Kobii)

14. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I think that's why Kobii is my favourite character. She isn't easy to decipher and despite having such limited screentime, she is able to bring some depth to her character even just with her facial expressions. It's very interesting. That being said. Yeah I agree mostly with @too much idea cause:

The reason why Kobii looked the way she did, to me it was a sense of loneliness. Initially, she was looking shifty and guilty, and she couldn't speak naturally, hence Antonio looked at her with a hurt expression and knew she was lying though Antonio didn't say anything. And Kobii felt bad for that, but almost instantaneously, when hearing Majijo news, Antonio's attention diverted away from Kobii, and I think Kobii felt a little left out just then. Like we don't know much of their past other than Kobii knowing Antonio for a fairly long time, and hence, there's probably a reason why they decided to stick together all this time. There's an unspoken bond between the two, and what I found interesting about Kobii is that though she seems a little cunning and scheming, she had trouble lying to Antonio whereas I think Antonio on the other hand, though she may seem really strict on her underlings/people etc, she's probably actually really gentle. In a way, I think she was glad there was Majijo to divert her attention away because she probably didn't want to severe her ties with Kobii just because of that one thing.

And as too much idea said, Kobii does care a lot for Antonio. None of it was spoken, but even that one time when Antonio talked about wanting to exact her revenge on Salt, Kobii just looked concerned. I think yeah, she doesn't want to see Antonio losing again because since they're close, it probably affected Antonio quite a lot one way or another in the past. Her facial expressions told it all. Both Antonio and Kobii seem to be the tsundere types so they wouldn't say their true feelings out loud. They'll just show it via their actions and expressions.

And this may be from an AnKobi POV haha, but I think Kobii really is just a little frustrated. She keeps doing things she thinks is the best for not just Gekioko's sake but also Antonio's, but Antonio while thinking of Gekioko, hasn't seemed to consider Kobii's feelings as much because she was too absorbed with everything else. It's probably just a misunderstanding though because in the end, you'll find out the one Antonio wants to protect the most is Kobii hahahha. Watch the AnKobi ship float bye ahhaha.

15. support

support Kenkyuusei

Just saw the subs...
    • The underling comic relief scene is actual kind of sad, especially when you know they are obsessed with a girl who either ignores them or barely tolerates their existence.
    • No backstory for Otabe? Why am I not surprised writers?
    • Loving how all the girls in the cafe were like 'hello random lunch lady who seems strangely interested in arbitrary fights within our made up school hierarchy system, let us tell you everything!'
    • If Hinabe spent 10% as much of their effort into their schoolwork instead of on the Sakura meal, they could probably rule the world. Also she totally didn't thank them for the food. Rude.
    • Geez, you have the Rappappa bonding scene right after the Sakura bonding scene which is such a bad idea because the Rappappa one appears so much more genuine. OF COURSE we would root for a group with the more compelling history with each other. That had fought together and suffered together and had much more complicated relationships with each other despite it not being shown on screen much. Otabe loves the group and treats everyone as family within it, Salt is the reluctant head, magic is the cool kid who got brought down a peg and learns to respect the Rappappa family more, yoga yearns for acknowledgement whilst bakamono is just earnest and cannot help but be emotionally involved. Some of this is me grasping at straws but at least I have straws to grasp. With Sakura's group? Let's see...we have fangirls 1-9. Oh they all have superficial differences such as liking law etc. but essentially they are all the same. You can get rid of a few and no one would notice. Plus they know nothing about each other. Dammit Otabe should have won that fight! She had all the depth against Sakura's shallow character
    • My literal reaction towards the fight: yes Otabe! Beat her up! Woo respect girl! (Otabe walks away from beaten Sakura) wow...you mean she actually did it? Man...the writers are better than I though-('no daddddyyyyy!!!!!' line comes up) OH FOR THE LOVE OF-(Sakura beats up Otabe) hdhvdisdbdjhd!!!???????? Don't you 'your fist was heavy' me! You don't deserve to win in a show all about seriousness!
    • Salt suddenly caring was random. She just appeared right at the end and cared. They should have showed her being emotional when Otabe took revenge for the other girls, but I guess they couldn't ruin the 'salt appears out of nowhere and is creepy schtick'. Sigh...at least it's a good schtick.
    • If I didn't know Sayanee is the most popular girl in the cast I would totally think Kobii is the main bad. It's hard to take Antonio seriously when Kobii doesn't and you aren't sure Antonio knows what's going on in her own group. Step it up people!
    • Lol at the wood punching scene

16. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Up to date, and again still loving it. In terms of Episode 7, I do like to point out a couple of things:

1) Otabe's Room is LEGIT:
    So, as you realize, this high school, in terms of presentation, is run down. Graffiti everywhere, rubbish decorating the rooms, everything in disarray. Except for Otabe's room. That room is MAJESTIC

2) Otabe, the Fighter:
    As probably the best fight up to date in the series, I noticed something in Otabe's fighting style: her attacking blocking. In a scene or two, she used her elbows to strike/block away a punch, to propel her own attack. You can see these techniques in MMA fighting, to use the elbows to block incoming punches, or in Hakkyoku-Ken (Japanese for Ba Ji Quan).

17. winner

winner Kenkyuusei

This!

This so much!!!

18. うぃむ33

うぃむ33 Kenkyuusei

This weeks fight was definitely the best of the series so far. But still the main problem with this show is the lack of character development, I still don't have a reason to root for Sakura... I don't even care if she wins or Salt wins, or the other school.

19. Jeff86

Jeff86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    Jeff86500
    It's quite amazing how Sakura is actually the bad guy now... Of course we're going to root for Otabe, and for Salt now that she's getting serious and want to avenge her people...
    Are the writers not seeing this or is it on purpose cause I don't see the point really...

And as expected, they didn't tell Otabe story...

Sakura's followers are only rooting for her cause she's strong ("Wow Sakura so strong!") whereas Rappapa got closer through defeat.

I'm sorry but I actually think MG3 was better even though Paruru was so horribly bad in it. At least there was a story and character development (OK it was bad sometimes but at least it existed).

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  20. akisato

akisato Kenkyuusei

Just watched episode 7...

Damn, it's episode 7 already and I still don't know what Sakura's motivation for climbing the top is. Otabe trying to protect Rappapa's pride and all is cool and she should've won that darn fight instead of Sakura. Hopefully Salt beats Sakura badly so that maybe, just maybe they might reveal more about Sakura and also she finds a more concrete reason to take over the top. Heck Rappapa's bond are definitely better than Sakura and her supposedly underlings.

:fp: