TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Damn good points! But if that's the case, I still believe that the evidence that the three were in the same middle school still stands? Then, if Kobii and Salt knowing each other is proven to be false, how about:

1) Salt and Antonio, at one point, were known to be the TWIN TOWERS of power in their school, always working together and fighting together to become the best.
    2) Kobii, in awe of Antonio, wants to become a part of the group, and sticks to Antonio, much like how Team Zombie follows around Sakura. Most likely, she just follows around Antonio because she adores something in her, something that Salt doesn't have.
    3) In the midst of the TWIN TOWER era, Salt decides that she WANTS TO TAKE THE TOP, and in order to do that, betrays the relationship she had with Antonio.

If the events like this happens, this explains the Kobii nickname. Perhaps she follows Antonio around as an underling throughout her entire time, and was rewarded as being a #2 due to her loyalty. However, being recognized as #2 because of loyalty and being recognized as a #2 because you earned it are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. So the actions she does, it's just bring favor to her main queen, Antonio, to recognize that she is strong.
    If you ask me, Kobii is the alternate reality of Team Zombie/Yoga; she follows Antonio but isn't communicated directly that she's recognized of her power and actions; seems to be more of a loyalty thing.

2. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy

What sense does that even make? In the history of all history who goes into a fight wanting to lose? So your saying Salt's motto should be "I fight to lose"? :huh:

3. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Have you seen movies/entertainment where someone gets to the top, only to figure out it's not what it comes to be?

You get to the top. NOW WHAT. WHAT DO YOU DO?

That seems like Salt is suffering from that, the boredom, being not satisfied. I'll find examples of this sort of thing happening, where the person at the top actually wants to leave but can't, due to image. If someone at the top has to leave it'll be in the face of battle.

You lose so you gain something important; you gain your humanity back. Being the top isn't all that cracked up to be. Sit tight, I'll come with examples from movies and entertainment to show this is the case

It's a complex feeling and hard to understand at first, but if you recognize it a lot, you'll understand it.

ADDED EDIT

Though the status quo changed slightly at the end of episode 7, I recognize that; when see finally realize her 4 queens in their seriousness. I will say pre-episode 7, she had that mentality of boerdom and just putting on image of being the top, though she was just desperately bored and cursed. Perhaps that's how she was before Sakura showed up.

Episode 7, she potentially found her will to fight, for her queens, as opposed to finding an escape. However, be that as it may, if/when Sakura and her fight and if/when she loses, she'll take it graciously and hopefully become a mentor to Sakura, who may suffer the same thing she did being the top; bored, complacent, wants to escape.

In other words, if/when she loses, she won't pull a Shibuya

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  4. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    For those who read the manga "claymore" can understand what Cyanide means. To be an outstanding monster, you feel alone. To find someone who can bring her "defeat", Salt is not lonely anymore. That's why she is thrilled to fight with Sakura. I won't go as far as saying she wants to loose, but more like Salt wanted to meet someone strong enough to eventually beat her.

5. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

You guys are right, perhaps I used the wrong phrase of "wanting to lose". Like gocchisama says, more of finding someone who can beat her, to relieve her of this cursed loneliness. Good change of words for my benefit @gocchisama

6. James Boswell

James Boswell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Oh god I hope not.... The Yuko twins thing makes me wonder why we all remember the early Majisuka series so fondly! Almost as bad as Acchan eating flower petals.

7. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I for one found...what were their names...Yuka and Yuki (hahaha) as kinda hilarious. It was ridic but I enjoyed it somehow haha. Acchan eating flower petals was pretty pointless but hey, look at what a trademark it is now! Years later, I understand its appeal now hahaha.

Yeahh @55Cyanides it's still likely that all three were still in the same middle school, just that Kobii probably wasn't directly involved with Salt.

And that theory behind Kobii's name:
    Dude, that's incredible!! I didn't even think of that.
    If you put it that way, that would actually explain a lot of Kobii's actions.
    The reason why she kept acting on her own, and how she couldn't be honest and just confide to Antonio.
    It's maybe because she felt herself felt inferior to Antonio and couldn't bring herself to do it.
    As you said, I think she wanted to earn her position.
    Interestingly then that would explain why the Gekioko girls refer to Antonio as Antonio-neesama and Kobii just as Kobii-san.
    I always found that as a lil odd because in my mind, the difference in power between Head and Vice shouldn't be all that different but yet, Antonio seems to be revered a lot more compared to Kobii.

And you're right, I think parallels in the schools (comparing Kobii to Yoga and Kamisori/Zombie) would make a lot of sense.
    It's kinda how people would say how the parallel of WMatsui in SKE is SayaMilky in NMB in 48terms.
    I mean it's using that concept.

If we're talking about parallels, in Majijo, Rappappa are represented by the people in the Wind Instrument Society.
    The top is decided by defeating everyone in the school in deciding who the most powerful is.

In Gekioko, they also have a society/department in power, and that is the Nursing Department.
    How the school works is unclear but perhaps it was similar where Antonio had fought everyone to reach the top.
    And as you suggest, perhaps it was Antonio herself who nominated Kobii to be her vice instead of Kobii earning the position for herself.

For one thing, Tsurishi seems to be in full admiration for Antonio but appears to act normally around Kobii, and doesn't even appear to fear her.
    So yeah, it's very likely Kobii hasn't done anything to prove why she is in that position and perhaps she didn't want to be in a position just because of her relations with Antonio. She wanted to be truly acknowledged for her power, and not just by name or rank.

8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Salty and Saltier would work for the names lol.

9. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    She'll have quadruplets instead, and it'll be Salt, Salty, Saltier and Saltiest :p

10. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think this kobi being number two out of loyalty theory is just a bit overdramatic. Kobi is implied to be able to beat mirurun and fuuchan and was actually able to "command" them even though they're strong enough to be independent from Antonio. And those two easily beat kamisori/zombie, who in turn easily beat team hinabe, who in turn beat five normal gekioko students. Kobi can also order around those 8 or 9 flunkies that ambushed salt. She's been shown to act with strength around other gekioko students. With all that, kobi seems to be around queen level and is the 2nd strongest in gekioko by her own strength. That salt beat her easily, implies salt is that much stronger, period. So yeah kobi knows about antonio's past but it's not uncommon to confide in your 2nd in command. Maybe she helped antonio take the top in gekioko.

What's puzzling with kobi is that she seemed eager to jyabu jyabu early on but in the latter parts, she seemed to not agree with how antonio is going on about things even at the point when they're ready to attack. I can understand wanting to attack earlier on, but why the disagreeing face when they were ready to attack. Maybe she realized antonio's plan is to take on salt one on one and she actually fears that antonio will lose (which would be devastating to antonio) -- her ideal plan might be to use numbers to defeat salt. Anyway, the kobi character seems to be a successful one.

As for salt, it was said she got to the top because she didn't want to follow anyone else so I doubt if she would want to lose to sakura and follow her. Unless she's so "bored" that she now wants someone else to take over. But with how light the plot is and everything being really simple, maybe she just wants a strong opponent.

Overall, I really like this season. The fights are that much crisper and longer too. Improving the story a little bit will really just improve it a little bit. This drama is about akb group fighting each other so just improving the fight sequences is enough for me. Will be a letdown though if sakura vs. salt doesn't happen.

:)

11. winner

winner Kenkyuusei

I really like those 2 backstories. Realistically, I don't think they'll dig anywhere that far and just keep the history as far as this season's episodes, with the basic rivalry. If they wanted to build up on it they would've added an Antonio +Salt flashback by now (ala Acchan + Otabe). Maybe with pre-school Salt throwing plastic balls at pre-school Antonio.
    It's just a late night drama, don't epect too much. :lol:

Or just use what's in stock Salt, Paru and Kanburi. ;)

One thing I find a little strange is how Kobii challenges Salt with her ragtag group of unknown leader goons. She should know Salt is crazily strong, somewhere along Antonio in power. Yet she takes Salt head on.
    Course this is a great way to show how OP Salt is.
    But in Kobii's shoes did she think they could beat Salt? Maybe she did or didn't know Salt before. If she did know Salt, I think she would not have ran in and challenged like that.

Or was it actually a play to use those goons and give them a fake cause. To give Salt a handicap before fighting Antonio.
    I would've liked it if this was the case. She could've even done a surprise attack to increase the odds.

But I don't think it's anything that deep. End of the day. I'll just settle with the most basic idea. Yeah, Kobii had her Warukii switch on, and wanted to win and get to the top. She thought she had a chance with numbers. Antonio will totally forgive her.

12. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Since everyone is posting their theory, i'm gonna throw mine:

- AnKobii has always been a double death combo since middle school, with Antonio as the Muscle and Kobii as the Brain. Like a Dragon and Snake combi. They fought a lot of schools in the middle school, with Antonio full of pride. Antonio was so arrogant, she thought she was the best in japan. She challenged every yankee there is. And one day she challenged Salt. She was so arrogant she told everybody that Salt is weak to her, and stuff like that. Kobii tried to warn her, but Antonio didn't hear anything Kobii said. At the end, Antonio was beaten by Salt like a mosquito, and Salt said to her "seriously?? you're a yankee???"

It hurted Antonio's pride as a yankee. Kobii felt guilty for Antonio, so she searched for a school where no one knows them and have a weak top. And she found Gekioko. Kobii cleared the school up, and then they entered Gekioko for high school.

The whole reason that Antonio is so careful is because of her humiliated past. But, as victory approaches, Kobii noticed that Antonio's arrogance returned. Kobii don't want Antonio to be humiliated again, so she decided to take down Salt to spare Antonio the humiliation, but she failed.

13. archy89

archy89 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    archykun
  14. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Conspiracy time, which I was holding until later (didn't know if Jurina was wearing a nursing outfit or not)

Jurina is a caretaker, most likely a nurse.

The main rival of Majisuka is from what department? If Jurina is of the same Jurina from the Majisuka canon, she perhaps can link everything between the two pasts between MAJISUKA and GEKIOKO.

[​IMG]

15. dcille

dcille Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Wow Center and Nezumi are back!! I think the emotion in Nezumi's face in the photo suggests she's on to something. :hehe: I just feel nostalgic seeing them. It was a disappointment, for me, that they already wasted the only remaining character which rivals Nezumi's intellect, Otabe. :wall: (WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DO THIS *tears:cold:) Well the picture suggest there's something between Nezumi and Takamina (Or if the MG4 staff really just wants to hype us, it's be just a cameo and Nezumi just found herself walking back inside Majijo [I think this is legit except the fact that Takamina is wearing a more badass hair style and jacket than her usual]) and maybe they are going to create another character to replace Otabe's part as the stopper to Nezumi. Whatever it is, I just hope it's a game changer and that EP 9 will continue the growing quality of the series since EP 7.

Oh has Aidol released the subbed EP 9? I dying to watch it. :drool:

16. SasshyNyan

SasshyNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I really wonder why Nezumi with takamina??

17. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    YASS Takamina's hair and clothes changed and she's out of her restaurant with Nezumi .......hope we can see some fight scenes from Takamina now :^O^:

maybe she can beat Salt for some taste to her meals [hehe]......or beat Sakura for leaving without paying her meals everytime :gavel:

and Center is a nurse now ? not a "Take the top" freak anymore ? lolz

18. archy89

archy89 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    archykun
    Don't you guys realize Takamina is the one who is behind all of this? Who told Sakura about Rappapa and advice her all the way? and who was the one who keep asking Sakura if she wanted to take the top in early episode?

All just to lure more customers to her original empty place..from Sakura alone to the two with Stockholm syndrome and now even Team Hinabe who are actually just leeching on Sakura eat there...she is the Plankton in Spongebob Squarepants..

I bet she called Nezu just to make sure Majijo win all the way in the final war..and having party at her eatery later (not for free of course) :fear:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  19. GATX105

GATX105 Member

haha, well, if salt can't fight sakura by episode 10, then takamina will have to be the final boss fight? :lol:

20. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Holy Shit .....! so Takamina isn't the nice restaurant lady that gives advises to Sakura but instead the sly fox who planned all that from the beginning with Nezumi , both can benefit ! Nezumi can win Majijo and Takamina will have more costumers in her broken "asobina asobina" restaurant :shifty: since her only costumer is Sakura and she doesn't even pay :gavel: having all the majijo school celebrating their win in Takamina's restaurant (not for free :fear:) and successfully more costumers in her empty place :eek:

it all makes sense now ...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015