大人 AKB48: Looking for New Members Age 30+

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Under The Ribbon, Mar 5, 2014.

1. marnchor

marnchor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Cool. AKB branded baby foods, kindergartens, theme parks, HERE. WE. COME! I tell you, Aki-P is a genius!

2. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Unlike most pop groups, rock bands or anime I ever seen (Kiss comes as a supreme example; Evangelion is another), they don't have to go that far, I think. They're known so well enough and pervasive in Japanese media that excessive merchandising isn't required.

3. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I thought in the interview, it was stated that she will be participating in the shooting after?

She is very beautiful, aww and Paruru gave her a nice nickname already, 'Mariri'. I wonder how old her kids are as she said they are quite young, and would probably be wondering, 'is that Mama?' When seeing her on TV, as her family has no idea she won yet.
    Looks like members like her, Mayuyu was staring in glaze when Mariri walked beside her. :hehe:

4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

She is pretty :).

Do hope her kids are in school. I hope they become the most popular kids at their school lol.

5. marnchor

marnchor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Actually doesn't it usually work the other way that they get ostracised and teased and bullied? I hope that's not the case and I've just watched too many japanese school dramas... Good luck to her and family. AKS will have done all the background checks in vetting. They are probably attending great schools, husband prob in good steady job etc...

6. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    ^ It won't be a concern either way, she mentioned in the interview that her kids aren't old enough to hold a proper conversation.

7. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

She was on Mezamashi this morning... kinda caught her on my way out to work. Maybe it was nerves or being put on the spot, but she almost completely froze when they played "Aitakatta" for here to dance to.

I didn't check the clips above, but they also had Kojimako and some other infant in the group (14 year old member that's part of the Papico campaign) talk about how Mariri is the same age/older than their parents.

8. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    What will she actually be doing as a member of AKB? I'm still confused about it lol

9. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

It's so weird to me that someone in AKB (meaning at least around teen-age) can have parents who are like 30-something. I'm 20 and my parents are like 60 so... yeah. haha Tsukamoto Mariko's age and her kids' apparent ages (considering they're too young to hold proper conversations apparently) makes sense to me, but the members whose parents are her age just throws me for a total loop. XD (That'd mean like, having kids when they're like 20, which isn't like rare or anything but personally it just makes my brain hurt a bit. I can't imagine it. lol)

Anyway more on topic, I'm kinda glad they didn't pick a celebrity. I think it's more interesting that way. She's pretty but not overly idealized pretty which I think, for this sort of campaign, is probably the right way to go. Can't wait to see her in action more.

10. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

^Maybe it's a cultural thing. I got the impression that in Japan it's pretty normal to marry and have children at a young age. I might be wrong about Japan, but I know in some cultures it certainly is.

11. Ribbon

Ribbon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    Well,I can't wait to see what kind of flavour she adds to performances! Gosh her kids would probably become AKB fans when they grow up :lol:

12. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Somewhere in the distant you can hear a silent melody
    *Ue Kara Mariko*

Just kidding :D

13. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

^lol there's no way they're not letting her perform that at least once. The lyrics really fit her as well (maybe they're even a bit inappropriate[hehe]).

14. achanoshiJKT

achanoshiJKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Maybe this is out of topic but I will share anyway. In indonesia it is so normal. Most of our people marry before 25. Some people even marry before 20. The reason behind this is because most of our people want to see their children grown up and become successful before the parents are old/not productive anymore. ;)

And about that otona woman..she has cute voice..I like that [hehe]

15. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    amen! i think she fits the song more than the original Mariko, can't wait it :awesome:

i wonder if she can like normal member, promoted to team, perform in theater, concerts, also joined Sousenkyou and Janken, ans into senbatsu. can it will be true? :')

16. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

It used to be that 25 (they call this the "Christmas Cake") is the limit for marriage, but that just about changed, as singledom, more career options for women, and marrying late in life is becoming commonplace.

17. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    ↑ i asked someone i know from Japan if it's true that women over 25 are referred to as leftover Christmas cake and he said not anymore, it's a thing of the past. but still i think the expression is funny.

sorry for the off topicness but i really hate when AKB48 is referred to as bubblegum pop D: (as they are in that article someone posted in here).

18. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

Never heard the Christmas cake thing before. They still refer to unmarried women over the age of 30 as "Makeinu", so the stigma is still out there... although it isn't viewed to sound as harsh as it once did.

Folks getting married early or having kids early still happens all over the world. As said above, we don't see as much of it as we used to because of how society has developed in most parts of the world.

That said, my parents married at 19 and had me a year later at 20... and finished having kids around 26. My wife is the same age as me, but her parents are almost 20 years older than mine... Her father is just a few years off from my grandparents.

This should see more light of day than the Draft Members project... especially since this is tied to a Papico campaign. We'll see her face more than we'd see other members on TV... and then she'll be gone. Just a flash in the pan of this monstrous system that is the 48Group.

19. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    I'm bummed that Ichii Sayaka didn't win, but Tsukamoto Mariko is really pretty and I'm sure she'll do a good job. As far as when people have children, it seems to vary. Part of it definitely depends on where you live since the rural areas seem to have more young mothers. I have a few female friends who started having children in their late 20s-early 30s so I don't think that's too uncommon either but there does seem to be some pressure to get married and have kids earlier. I've only heard the "Christmas cake" thing as a joke though.

20. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Can anyone confirm if Mariri is Mariko of "The LUCY Diamond"?

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: May 12, 2014