1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

2nd Gen Thread Official

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by mayuri91, Mar 13, 2017.

1. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

In short, 2nd gen came when Nogi hasn't popular enough so mngmt can't spread the exposure. It doesn't happen with 3rd and 4th gen, besides their talent, also because they came when Nogi's already on top, specially 4th gen.

2. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    @Jun_Kun You are not the only one that feels frustrated by the lack of chances given to the 2nd gen. It is a sentiment shared by many.

I believe the introduction and integration of a new gen into the group was a new experience for management, which resulted in mistakes. Mistakes they learned from, judging the treatment of the 3rd and 4th gen.
    There is also a reflex of making up for these mistakes to the 2nd gen. Lately there seem to be more exposure for 2nd gen. But I also think it is too little too late. The thing that bugs me the most is that there are graduated members that didn't have the experience of being in Senbatsu. It's something that shouldn't be too hard to arrange imo. Even a third row position would be fine, and those members could experience the whole circus of being in Senbatsu for a single at least once.

I really hope Junna (among others) gets this chance, because as you said, she has a lot to offer. I am afraid though, because the future push (3rd and 4th gen) will only increase.

3. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    this sentiment for junna and overall the 2nd gen is likely shared between all other fans too. no one knew why is it hard to rotate the 3rd row for every single. everyone thought one of nogizaka specialty is the equal chance for everyone to be in senbatsu but somehow, management just drop the idea completely. even some of 3rd gen members are gonna be ignored and i guess that is the reality every gen onward. gen1 gonna be remembered as the luckiest.

4. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I used to have similar thoughts as yours. However, after years following Nogi and became Junna-oshi, I gave up on wanting and even dreaming of Junna entering Senbatsu. It seems impossible for a member who stands on the corner of the Under's third row to enter Senbatsu. At some points, I even wished that Junna graduate and pursue her dream without worrying about this Senbatsu matter. Now, I am happy for whatever position Junna has. She still has a good record in the stageplay area. I believe it will be useful for her future after graduating from Nogi.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Maybe if you forget about the first several years of Nogi's existence. There were plenty of perma-Unders or mostly-Unders (girls who got in senbatsu once) in 1st gen but most of them graduated relatively early.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    There's only Yamazaki and Junna who haven't been in senbatsu. It shouldn't be too hard to put them in at least one senbatsu. If I'm management, it's easy: "You're in." Simple. No need to bother with a popularity metrics. I know they are deserving. It's doubtful the members themselves would complain. Only us dumb fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    lol sorry if you couldnt understand my statement, i wasnt saying 1st girls lucky as they got perma chance or regularly be a senbatsu,but i wanted to say the 1st gen girl was lucky because everyone of them could experience in senbatsu even if it just for once. nowadays it seems there is no more thing like that as management probably already scrap the idea and so 2nd gen onward will have someone who will forever be an undergirl and doesnt stand a chance at all.
    and whats more, no one would imagine maaya kanarin hina would have another shot to be in fukujin (maaya probably the happiest and luckiest girl) again. although i think due to corona outbreak, the jobs for fukujin may not be as many as before and isnot that worthy these days.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

I translated a series of interviews from Platinum Flash vol. 12 (Feb. 14, 2020).
    The 2nd gen discusses how they view each other and their identity in the group.

This came out after the 2ki concert was announced, but before it was canceled. It’s possible the interview itself took place before Kotoko announced her graduation, because nobody mentions it.

-- If the 2nd gen lived together, what would each day be like?
    Kitano: Maichun (Shinuchi) seems like she would do the cleaning neatly.
    Shinuchi: I cleaned before leaving the house today too (laughs).
    Hori: I feel like me, Hinako, and (Watanabe) Miria would always be in front of the television. Then, it seems like Maichun and (Suzuki) Ayane would do the cooking.
    S: It seems like you’re trying to make me do the cooking (laughs). Well, since (Terada) Ranze and Miria certainly can’t cook.
    K: Among the 2nd gen, there are a lot of types who want time for themselves, isn’t there.
    H: Yeah. Wanting our own rooms.
    S: If it feels like a dormitory, that might be good.
    -- You’ve been able to do more work together as the 2nd gen recently, right?
    K: That’s right. Was it November? We went to the cliffs at Chiba for a photoshoot.
    H: Everyone was being blown about by strong winds. Just standing up was tough, but I was thinking during the photoshoot that they put a lot of consideration into the location.
    S: Back then, everyone wore red outfits, but I wonder if the 2nd gen have a red image?
    K: That’s probably the case.
    H: If we wear the same outfit, it’s probably red.
    K: The 1st gen have a blue or white image.
    S: The 3rd gen are yellow or pink.
    K: The 4th gen seem green.
    S: I know, right!
    -- Ito Karin’s graduation was in 2019.
    S: It hasn’t even been a year! It feels like incredibly long ago…
    H: She was the intermediary for the 2nd gen, so I was worried for a moment if the 2nd gen would become scattered, but everyone’s developing in their own respective places, so it turned out alright.
    -- Senpai graduations have also increased, haven’t they?
    K: You think once more about the things you should be doing. Each person’s walking forward towards their next dream, so it makes you need to consider your own path too.
    S: The graduates told me, it’s a sudden realization, that “Nogizaka46 is like being in Neverland.” Even though you should be aging, everyone’s growth is the same, so there’s no sensation of getting older. But, they say once you graduate, you become aware of it. “Ah, I’ve already reached this age,” they say. Being in Nogizaka46 is fun, so you can get by even without thinking of your future. That’s why we have to nurture the kouhai.
    K: When the 2nd gen joined, the 1st gen kept an eye out for us. We’ve only been doting on our kouhai (laughs).
    H: If we don’t communicate more closely, the unity of the group will end up disappearing. We have to impart what we’ve become aware of. It’s difficult for the kouhai to approach from their side, so we want to extend a hand from our side.

-- It’s been about 7 years since you met. Have your impressions of each other changed?
    Yamazaki: Ranze has grown into a wonderful woman, but the core of her hasn’t changed. She can clearly tell white from black, so it’s easy to talk about work with her. Ranze might be the only same-gen member that I think that way about.
    Ranze: Really!? Rena is the type who can get along talking with anyone though, that makes me glad.
    Z: Also, I think the catchy words that Ranze suddenly unleashes have been improving. When all the 2nd gen appeared on All Night Nippon at the end of last year, and Maichun joked “I’m 18 years old” during the self-introductions, Ranze responded, “Let’s go home.” Such unexpected words to bust out (laughs).
    R: I thought it’d be bad if nobody picked up the punchline (laughs).
    Z: I still laugh about that, even now.
    -- How does Yamazaki-san appear to Terada-san?
    R: I think it’s incredible how she steadily balances both college and Nogizaka46 activities, she’s pioneering a new genre with history, I respect how she’s tying it to her work.
    Z: The presence of Shiraishi (Mai)-san, who took the lead in expanding activities outside the group, is huge, I think. Such a beautiful and playful senpai like her doesn’t exist anywhere, so I’m nothing but grateful.
    -- How do you think about the 2nd gen, in relation to the group?
    R: I think the 2nd gen are the ones who remember the early days when Nogizaka46 was being created, and who, although with our limited ability, supported the group that the 1st gen built up from zero.
    Z: We remember the times when no one at all would come to handshake events, so we understand. How grateful a thing it is to be in our current situation where we can receive so much support. As we gazed at the backs of the 1st gen, we recognized those things, but right now, I think we must also become the senpai who can convey those things to our kouhai.
    R: Recently, work that only involves the 2nd gen has also increased, and I’m glad we can talk like this, but now when we do full-group activities, I have a strong awareness that I want to show the kouhai that “this is the color” of the Nogizaka46 that the senpai built.
    Z: What we want to do ourselves is also important, but I believe the ones who protect the sought-after Nogizaka-ness are the 2nd gen.
    R: But when it’s only us same-gen getting together, isn’t it a little embarrassing?
    Z: That’s true. When we meet face-to-face, it’s like I’m most awkward around same-gen members or something.
    R: There’s a feeling like family, isn’t there?
    Z: That’s why I feel we don’t hide our shortcomings or complexes from each other, we’re able to be accepted and to accept those things as each other’s individuality. Perhaps the reason that people say we’re all full of individuality comes from that.
    R: I know, right! That’s the origin of 2nd gen-ness!

-- Getting straight to the point, for the two of you, what do your same-gen members mean to you?
    Ayane: When we first joined, and there were times when there was no work at all, they were our companions who we always took lessons with together, so there’s a sense of reassurance.
    Kotoko: They’re still easy to talk to, right? When we’re together, I’m at ease. I think Ito Karin-chan, who graduated, was always the intermediary for the 2nd gen, she was creating an atmosphere where we could mutually talk to each other.
    -- Please tell us anything that’s changed compared to when you joined, or your recent impressions of each other.
    K: I don’t think Ayane-chan has changed much. It looks like her cheerfulness and femininity have increased, but the sombreness inside of her hasn’t changed.
    A: When we went out to eat together recently, I felt that Kotoko hasn’t changed. Her good looks are the same as always too! But, isn’t there more black in your personal clothing now?
    K: Before, I was wearing cold colors like blue or green, but I suppose recently I tend to wear black (laughs). For jobs, I can wear clothes picked out for me by pro stylists, so normally, I guess anything I wear is fine. The time it takes to choose is such a waste (laughs).
    A: I suppose I’m also not really good with shopping. My shopping is basically online. Life is so convenient (laughs).
    -- So neither of your inner selves have changed, but your appearances have changed. What about your impressions of other members?
    K: (Hori) Miona has always been doing her best to liven up the 2nd gen.
    A: For me, she’s like a friend, we have a relationship where we often go out to have meals. I’m too close to her, so I don’t know if she’s changed (laughs). Of course, I think some parts of her must have changed though.
    -- How about Kitano-san?
    A: In the good sense of the word, she’s the 2nd gen’s custodian. She’s someone I’m grateful for, who can flatly speak for us the things that can’t be spoken.
    K: And then, among the 2nd gen, the one can best read the atmosphere and adjust herself to her surroundings is the youngest member, (Watanabe) Miria, and the one who’s friendly with anybody is Maichun.
    A: (Yamazaki) Rena-chan connects her own specialty genre with her individual activities, and she has an image of trying incredibly hard. Ito Junna is also doing her best on the stage, etc., I think she’s someone who can shine both inside and outside the group.
    K: I suppose the one who hasn’t changed the most is (Terada) Ranze. She’s become beautiful though.
    A: It’s great because she’s always felt like that!
    K: Our individual activities have increased, and the time we spend together has decreased, but I think each 2nd gen member’s fundamental points haven’t changed.
    A: Our relationships haven’t changed either, right? Even if we don’t have the assertiveness to try to get together to do something, you could say we’re still connected somewhere. But within Nogizaka46, I suppose the 2nd gen is the group full of individuality. Myself included, of course (laughs).

-- What is the relationship between the two of you?
    Junna: Our tastes are excessively aligned.
    Miria: Right. This is true.
    J: Especially in relation to music, the stuff I like, Miria generally also likes.
    M: We share earphones, listening to music.
    J: And, we’ve been saying recently that we want to go to Paris.
    M: Yeah. Let’s go, okay?
    J: Let’s go (laughs).
    -- The 2nd gen Live has been decided.
    M: In a good way and in a bad way, the 2nd gen aren’t unified, so after doing a proper rehearsal, I’d like to take on the challenge.
    J: Since we have few members, too. 9 people.
    M: Up until now, we’ve done a 12-person Under Live, but since it’s even fewer than that.
    J: If we don’t alter the formations, there are so many songs that won’t be compatible, so I’m a little bit worried about that point (laughs).
    -- Have you talked with the 2nd gen about what kind of Live you want to do?
    J: Yes. Since (Hori) Miona is leading us on that. We discussed “I want to do this kind of thing” and “This kind of setlist would be nice” with everyone.
    M: The 2nd gen tend to be told they’re unlucky, but that’s not the only thing the 2nd gen are. It’d be nice if we could show people the bright atmosphere we have behind the scenes.
    J: There are many girls doing their own individual activities, but if we combine everyone’s abilities, we can surprise people by the kind of ability we can put on display – that’s the kind of Live I want to have.
    M: Miona and (Kitano) Hinako are putting it together, so I think it will be fine.
    J: Since they know what the fans want to see.
    -- After the 2nd gen Live, will there be a change in thinking about “generational difference”?
    J: Rather than what the members can do about it, I feel that it’s more the fans’ voices that are circulating. I’m also glad for 2nd gen activities, but activities where the full Nogizaka46 group comes together are important too.
    M: Right now, as senpai are graduating, I think it’d be good to increase the opportunities for senpai to teach kouhai. Since from the perspective of the kouhai, opportunities to interact with senpai are valuable, I think.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Jun_Kun

Jun_Kun Kenkyuusei

Where can i get subtitle for stage play sannin shimai? Maybe anyone know or have an information about it?

10. Jun_Kun

Jun_Kun Kenkyuusei

Yes, i agree with you, why do management have lot of consideration. I thougt it will be okay if they just get both of them into senbatsu, even once. If it they can choose new senbatsu from 3rd and 4th gen. Why not with 2nd gen who haven't enter senbasu for being chosen :((

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I am with you in that one, just different girl.

12. Octavian

Octavian Kenkyuusei

She was sick..

13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Since there's one for 3rd and 4th gen, here's the 46TV IG number for 2nd gen.

As of 18/6/2020
    1. Kitano Hinako - 88.11K likes, 728 comments
    2. Hori Miona - 85.11K likes, 713 comments
    3. Shinuchi Mai - 79.52K likes, 416 comments
    4. Suzuki Ayane - 79.05K likes, 715 comments
    5. Terada Ranze - 77.16K likes, 530 comments
    6. Yamazaki Rena - 77.15K likes, 349 comments
    7. Ito Junna - 76.22K likes, 421 comments
    8. Watanabe Miria - 70.45K likes, 357 comments

Nice Kiichan...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Kii surprisingly beats Miona haha
    Probably the angle carried it

15. baotrantrnn

baotrantrnn Member

Yes, Kiichan :1st::1st: but Miria... I hope she will have more likes... Her fan are strong?

16. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I like Hori, Rena and Junna's pic. Both Miria and Kiichan suddenly looked so matured. Like them too of course. I actually need to take a second look at Kiichan. She's so different from what I'm used to see from her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Agreed, didn’t recognise Kiichan at first, her hair grows longer and dyed lighter. Renachi has the best pic.

18. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    lol kiichan beat miona quite a lot. if only the management had been promoting someone alongside miona and give same push like her, miona might has been everyone favourite.

19. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Rena's is my favorite.

Kii-chan's is nice because of her long hair which we haven't seen her in. Last I remember it being this long was in 2018. I liked it then. I like it now. I think she's already cut it though. I think I heard from rumors.

Not sure what you mean in the last part. Did you mean Kii-chan instead of Miona might have been everyone's favorite?

20. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    No, he has this delusion where he thinks that many people hate Miona because she's the only one that got a 'push'. Total nonsense ofcourse and debunked many times by me and other members on this forum, but he doesn't seem to care and never responds to the critical questions about this topic. I guess this time won't be different.

• Agree Agree x 1