1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[3/11] Earthquake & tsunamis in Japan (all x48 are ok)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by delerium, Mar 11, 2011.

1. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

Re: [3/11] Earthquake & tsunamis in Japan (AKB&SDN all ok)

^ all members of the 48 franchise are safe it that was what you meant. but for those stage48 members that are live or are in Japan we don't know (yet), and as for regular people, that would be hard to track no?

2. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

Thank God everyone's safe.
    Just the thought that you'll lose those girls, make you realize you love them even more than you imagined.
    Today was nerve wrecking, if this had hit an Asian LEDC like Indonesia or Philippines first, there would have been a lot more causalities than this.

3. katastr0phical1

katastr0phical1 Kenkyuusei

Gah stupid customers...

Finally.. I can say.. THANK YOU loveandcoffee for translating.. and hey, praises to tgsk for getting wword out in good order.

My thoughts are with everyone affected.

4. Criss

Criss Member

Well all in all (and any single death its terrible) they have few casualities so far, I mean 8.8 richter, one of the strongest Earthquake ever, we have to thank that they got just this "few" casualities.

Japan its a very prepared country, now we have just waith and see what happens in the next week.

Looks like all the 48 franquices are ok, good for them and they families, not to mention the good luck of some of them to be out of the country. :)

5. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

NMB48 blog updated with Riona, Maachun, Rika and Natsumi entries... that don't mention the earthquake at all. Probably scheduled entries that were written yesterday or earlier. :/

Tomorrow's (March 12th) show in NMB hasn't been cancelled though so I'd say everyone is okay and Osaka, as I thought, is too far from the epicentre to actually get any severe damage.

The dead/missing toll has just gone above 1000 people. I wouldn't say it's a few...

6. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

^ 7th-9th most powerful earthquake ever

7. Criss

Criss Member

Even so, are (again) "few" comparing the power of the earthquake. That kind of earthquake could be worst in other spots of the planet. But thanks to the time(hour of the day) and preparation of the people they handle this event trying to prevent the casualities to the minimum possible so far.

1 or 10 000 casualities are always terryble in events like this (like some of other people here I withness a big earthquake before myself), the less they can get its always a hope for the rest that keep alive.

8. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

The main worry now is the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Reactor. Pressure inside the Fukushima nuclear reactor may have risen to 2.1 times the designed capacity. Radiation level is rising inside the reactor. If that thing blows then all hope is lost. Going to have another Chernobyl disaster. Or at least the Three Mile Island accident. Last that I heard is that USA is flying in replacement generators to get the coolants going. 3 or 4 have already arrived. Japanese authorities may release radioactive steam from the reactor to the outside, but that is when everything else has failed.

On the other side of the world, a man photographing the tsunami in North California was swept away and is missing. 4 other people swept to sea have been rescued.

9. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

I wonder how on Earth they could think it was a good idea to build dozens of nuclear plants in a highly seismic country... this was bound to happen, sooner or later. And it's scary as fuck.

10. flagator21

flagator21 Member

Woke up to the horrible news about an hour ago. Headed over here immediately to see if people knew about the girl's status. I'm so relieved to hear the members are safe and accounted for. [whew] Thanks to everyone that have kept us updated.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the people affected by the earthquake/tsunamis, in Japan and around the world.

11. itsmiina

itsmiina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika

... I feel better knowing that the 48family is safe but I still feel terrible.
    I heard about the earthquake and tsunami on my way to school this morning from a friend but I didn't know it was this bad. And when I got home and read about it... oh gawd, I cried. I seriously started freaking out about celebrities and I'm still freaking out about Miura Haruma and then I cried even more because I'm so shallow. After all... all of those poor people in Japan and those that are dead or injured. ;____;
    Condolences and prayer to everyone affected by this, especially those in Japan. ;____;

12. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

Thank you loveandcoffee for your quick work of the situation and easing our minds... [bow]

Thank you Melos125 for your coverage of the disaster... [bow]

Thank you everyone for banding together to show your concern... [bow] [bow] [bow]

Lets just hope and pray (if you pray) that the worse is over and that the current nuclear core problem gets resolved without incident... And that the people over there in the disaster zone are not harmed any further than they already have been.

13. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Huh, I had no idea about California being hit already. Here in Irvine, which is SoCal, everyone's just going on with their daily lives. I guess it's because we're not that close to the beach, but then again, we're not that far away either.

The problem about the reactor is very troubling though. With the earthquake and the tsunami, Japan has enough to deal with, I pray that reactor doesn't meltdown too, that'd be another disaster on its own. Even worst there's conflicting news reports. Clinton says the US delivered coolent, but some reports say that the cooling system doesn't even use coolent, just cool water so people are confused as to what the US Air Force delivered. What they need right now are backup batteries or whatever to keep the generators pumping water to the cores until power can be restored.

In related news, Lovetan has also posted from Guam that she's safe because she's far away http://blog.oricon.co.jp/watarirouka/archive/7047/0

About some other girls' blogs that are automatically updating, I'm finding that a bit ridiculous. I had no idea they even did this at all, but what's the point of having girls write entries ahead of time to auto-post? That's pretty shady, and in an earthquake or not it's stupid and defeats the point of a blog.

14. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

NMB48 has only one blog for 25 girls, and there's a schedule. They can't post at their leisure, each of them has an assigned day for posting. So they have to get their entries ready by that day and the update is automatic. I think it's pretty okay to do so; imagine if half the girls were Sasshi-like posters posting ten entries per day, and others were less frequent posters, it wouldn't be equal and it would be unfair to the girls who have less time/topics to post.

15. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Last minute info about here: (Chile)

Tsunami warning has rised to Tsunami alert and government is declaring evacuation on ALL the coast zones.
    including obviously Eastern Island which is the first one being hit in a couple of hours.

=/

I guess this is getting more serious than what I've thought.

(though all S48 members will be safe by miles)

16. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

updated

Radiation levels 8 times normal levels have been detected near the main gate of the Fukushima Daiichi plant. Fukushima is leaking. And thats just the outside. INSIDE, radiation levels 1000 times higher than normal have been detected

the initial 3km exclusion zone from the nuclear plant has now been extended to 10km. anyone there please just get the hell out.

BBC live stream: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698
    NHK live ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nhk-gtv

17. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

In that case, it's perfectly fine, if the girls can only share one blog. But for people like Yukirin, who has her own blog....what? If she's going to be busy on certain days and can't post, then just don't post, fans aren't going to die without blog posts for a day or two. I'm not seeing why the management feels the needs to make sure to automate this, I think it's just better for the girl to post when she has time and feels like it. And now it's really apparent what management does

And crap, this nuclear power plant situation doesn't seem to be getting any better at all if they're extending the evacuation area. Please don't meltdown! Not to mention that if radiation is leaking, it's already pretty bad

18. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Okay praying is nice I guess, but if any of you feels ready not to leave it to your God,but to do something yourselves, you can donate to the Red Cross for the earthquake relief.
    American Red Cross
    if you're not in the US, try googling for your country's Red Cross. Japan Red Cross hasn't set up a donation page yet.

19. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

I just woke up and the nuclear reactor problem has become this worse? :blink: :wtf:

I know the japanese government are really doing their best right now to solve this problem but i still hope that they can prevent and contain it much more faster before this problem become a second Chernobyl crisis [worried]

We don't need another disaster to be added to the already worse situation

Thank you for that link loveandcoffee [bow] [bow] [bow]

20. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

its not just worse. it is already the worst case scenario. for those who didnt see my earlier update, radiation levels 1000 times higher than normal have been detected inside the plant. radiation outisde is 8 times the normal. Fukushima is already leaking.

For those of you who dont know the results of a radiation leak, other than cancer, this is what will happen:
    http://www.google.com.sg/images?hl=en&q ... 24&bih=801