1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[3/11] Earthquake & tsunamis in Japan (all x48 are ok)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by delerium, Mar 11, 2011.

1. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

official post about the 500million thing

2. aihime

aihime Kenkyuusei

I know a couple of friends back home evacuated from Tokyo yesterday due to nuclear fear (one of them fled to Shizuoka, which was just struck by a 6.0 aftershock tremor (><)). I started freaking out and called my family. They told me while there's dangers of radiation in Tokyo, there isn't a huge amount yet to cause cancer (I know the same can't be said for those near the Dai-ichi reactor). They're planning to stay in Tokyo for the time being. I just cry everytime whenever I talk to my family now because I feel relieved that they're still safe.

My friends have shown support to me over the last couple days. To many of them, I'm the first Japanese (or Asian) friend that they have (I go to a university in North Carolina, which doesn't have alot of Asians in the first place). This tragedy made me realize and appreciate that so many people care for me.

3. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

You buy food, medicines, pay treatments, pay for reconstructions service staff, materials for buildings, (as I see in the images, mostly wood of any nature), and other constructions material like cement, etc etc etc.

From the images, you have to rebuild some towns from scratch and that won't be "free".

4. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
  5. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Oh dear... More earthquakes and more troubles on the nuclear powerplat... It could be getting closer to Chernobyl disaster...

6. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    It won't be like Chernobyl as has been stated in this thread many times.
    The design of the plants are different.

7. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I'm so proud to be an AKB fan right now. They really are doing all they can to help, they are wonderful people.

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Some things...

1. Today my mother said something really interesting. She was amazed because all the people appearing on tv (the news, interviews, entertaintment shows, ...) can't help repeating time and again how they admire the Japanese and the way they are facing this disaster (no unnecessary panic, people queuing quietly, people helping anybody passing by...). I guess that this 'rediscovery' of the way people are in Japan happens in more countries too...

2. About the 500million thing I will just say... [clap] [bow] :1st: :worthy:

3. I'm a hopeless optimist and an irremediable ingenuous...that's why I wrote to AKS (to gienkin@aks48.com) asking them (in English, of course... [blush]) to create a way to allow gaijin fans to contribute with donations. I'd like to make a donation, but I'd like to make sure all the money goes there and I fear that most of the current ways might suffer some kind of 'leakage' ;) . Well, they didn't answer yet, if they do I will obviously report you. I had thought that it would be a great idea if someone, someone who spoke Japanese, contacted the AKB staff asking for that in the name of S48, but I didn't suggest it because I didn't know if you would like it... Ok, now you can do it, I will face all the :fp: stoically...

9. Criss

Criss Member

Wow, more that 6 million dollars donation, good.

Now, Looks like some fans wants the AKB takes the idea of charity concert of Ayumi Hamasaki, she is planing one. If thats true that could be very interesting and helpful.

10. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

MAINLY THIS.

On the contrary in some other places....

*vergogna*.

11. albusdumb

albusdumb Member

Tell us if you have some informations, karles48.
    You have had one great great Idea

12. tempuser

tempuser Kenkyuusei

True but....
    The spent fuel pond under #4 reactor raises fear it could get to same level (7) now.
    Temperature also raising in ponds at #5 and #6.
    http://isis-online.org/isis-reports/det ... -in-japan/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698
    edit:

atm it seems radiation is too high in #4 to even stay inside the controlroom in 10 minutes.
    http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/03/78352.html

edit: more or less starting to look like game over?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

13. Madcat2020

Madcat2020 Kenkyuusei

IF you guys see any youtube remarks, you will see some morons say that japan deserve it because of the hunting of whale/dolphins. They really failed to realize that many sealife lost their life in that Tsunami as well? :hmm: :fp: And if that Nuclear Plant goes meltdown, not only Japan will suffer, the sea around it will be radioactive and hell i think China will be affected.

14. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    I don't know much about this scale but I've been trying to read up on it(I have decent nuclear power knowledge but not much on disasters beside Chernobyl) but I can never trust a scale that appears to have no actual measurement and is entirely done on human perspective.
    Not trying to belittle the situation at all, I just really dislike these types of scales(unless my research has been wrong or not detailed enough)
    If anyone could explain if it is otherwise I'd be grateful.

But the point is that even if it's also 'bad' it won't be the same type of disaster. It shouldn't have the same amount of large spread damage.

edit: just read about the fire wtf. sorry for skim reading ><

15. tempuser

tempuser Kenkyuusei

In the pool at #4 there is some 700+ used fuel rods, normally under 10m of water for cooling.
    It seems water has boiled or is boiling away, and rods are maybe exposed since creating hydrogen explosions and the radiation.

Those rods in the pool don't have any steel-containers like problem reactors #1, #2 and #3 to contain the radiation
    If those rods was to get critical(as they are in use in reactors while running) i suppose it would be 6-7, otherwise 5-6 is my guess now? They are stored so it shouldnt be possible for them to go back to critical, but they are fully exposed, with explosion and fires in the building you never know... and radiation is surely very high inside building

The earlier measured high radiation has probably all the time been coming from #4, not from 1.2 or 3 is my guess.

edit:
    #

16. dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy Member

and they do so in style..japanese really are fashionable in any situations [hehe]

17. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

this really needs to end already.

i've been heavly following this every day since it started and i can't handle it anymore.. it's all too depressing and terrible and the troubles keep and keep coming.

and im not even there suffering the actual thing, im just watching it happen ;_;

18. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former... .
    (Einstein, I think)

19. tempuser

tempuser Kenkyuusei

oops wall of quote...
    ##

20. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    First, the radiation around the plant is extremely temporary. It has a life of literally SECONDS, if that. It will post a danger to nobody but someone walking around without protection. That is a known fact and is why people were evacuated. The only radiation worth thinking about is the radioactive iodine that could be released in steam clouds as a result of a meltdown releasing steam. The wind is forecast to blow out to sea for the whole day so that's fine.

Second, the constant throwing around of what to rate it is silly. The people who set the standard, the IAEA, haven't changed the number, it's other countries and people who aren't involved who are talking like that.

Ishihara apologises for "divine retribution" comment. Why don't you do the right thing and resign you asshole :fp: