[3/11] Earthquake & tsunamis in Japan (all x48 are ok)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by delerium, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Chukato

Chukato Kenkyuusei

Re: [3/11] Earthquake & tsunamis in Japan (AKB&SDN all ok)

I am happy that the AKB48 members are safe! Thank you loveandcoffee :D

Hoping and praying that everyone else in the Pacific will be safe.

2. NSS7

NSS7 Member

I'm glad everyone was safe [whew] but very sad seeing death toll keep rising :( :cry: .

3. MecchaMelon

MecchaMelon Kenkyuusei

Thank you for the translation, love. I kinda wish Koopa's grandma hadn't called us at 3am to tell us about this (no joke =_=) so that we could have slept through until the morning and just seen the "AKB&SDN all okay" part of this thread. When it first happened last night I was seriously almost sick over how worried I was about everyone (moreso everyone I know there personally, but idols as well ._.;; ) But this is still a relief to wake up to, I was p. scared to go to bed before hearing from most girls. So glad everyone is alright, my thoughts are with any other s48 members there and anyone else who might be affected.

4. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

This is bad. According to what I'm told, JSDF have given out a warning for a possible meltdown in the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Reactor. The reactor has automatically been shut down but the reactor cores are still hot and the cooling system has malfunctioned in the quake. Everyone within 3km of the nuclear plant has been evacuated and those within 10km of the plant has been told to stay home.

5. Chukato

Chukato Kenkyuusei

Here is an yahoo news article.Yahoo News
    Just watching the tsunami pictures and videos made me cry. Many are missing and towns are wiped out. I do hope they are all right.

6. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

Seeing death tolls count, i can't help but to be reminded back to 2004 Asian Tsunami...my honest and sincerest condolences goes to all people who had lost their loved ones in this disaster :( :cry:

7. huss

huss Kenkyuusei

reminds me of the 2005 earthquake in my country

god that was scary

8. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra

From what I've seen, the problem has been resolved (as in they've managed to get the reactor core cooled down), though I don't think they were ever in danger of a meltdown.

9. chiyuki

chiyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Just spent about an hour reading and watching videos on this. So scary! I'm so glad all the girls are fine. Definitely keep Japan in your prayers. And thanks for the translation of TGSK's blog.

10. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

^^
    same.

I heard that the nuclear plant has been stable since the PM's speech but the have to stay on high alert because of protocal.

11. srking

srking Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

thanks for the translations loveandcoffee!

glad that everyone in the 48 family is safe. Is NMB confirmed yet? though I bet they are fine because of their location.
    <3 our love and condolences to all affected persons

the tsunami definitely reminds me of Sumatra.everybody, do take care and don't worry too much! let's just pray for them....

12. Kasa

Kasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika

Thank god AKB, SDN and SKE girls are alright.

It's horrible to watch those videos knowing that my friend's parents live in Sendai and she doesn't know if they are still alive. :cry:

13. shonenfan4

shonenfan4 Kenkyuusei

glad to hear everyone is ok. Been following the news on twitter last night when it first happened.

14. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

15. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

^ got distracted when I heard this at work, couldn't concentrate because of it, and then the internet at work went down because of a freaking mistake at the provider which make me worried more because I couldn't get up to date with the news :( :cry: . Thank god everyone in AKB is fine. and condolences for those who have lost someone they know because of the tsunami/earthquake.

16. jimex289

jimex289 Kenkyuusei

Is there any word on Kojiharu...? I'm glad that Tomochin, Yuuko, and Acchan are all right. I kept checking their blogs last night and first thing I woke up this morning.

Edit: Nvm just saw the post saying everyone is OK. That's relieving to hear.

17. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Ha, good to see that everyone has the same mindset as me. A friend texted me about 10 min after the earthquake first hit, before even most of the news turned to the tsunami and the first thing I thought of was AKB48. I guess that shows how big a part of my life they are. Thank you loveandcoffee for translating TGSK's post, it's such a relief to come back from a final project and learn that all the girls are safe. Now my prayers turn towards all their family as well as all the other people in Japan. God, Jesus, bless Japan and be with all the people that need you in this trying time

18. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

According to BBC the west coast of USA is starting to get hit with the tsunami. Waves with heights of around 3 to 6 feet. Dozens of boats have sunk in Santa Cruz in California. Some areas have been evacuated. S48 members in the west coast take care of yourselves.

Also more news about the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Reactor. The situation at the nuclear reactor at Fukushima seems to be worsening. Japanese authorities are now to release radioactive vapour to ease pressure, AP news agency reports. Engineers are trying to fix the cooling system to the main reactor, damaged in the quake. It HAS NOT been fixed yet. Replacement generators are being sent in.

One train has been derailed and another is reported missing.

In other news, the power of the earthquake off north-east Japan shifted the earth's axis by nearly 10 inches (25cm).

update: tsunami has hit mexico.

19. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Now that all XXX48 are confirmed to be safe, Stage48 ones in japan had communicate?
    (Youko, etc)

20. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop

This is quite devastating... And I've heard that there was a 6.6 magnitude earthquake in Nagano... We wish them well, and pray for the people in Japan to be safe, but it seems it's just another sign of the times here...

Could we try to put a simple, comprehensive list of who's safe and who's not?