1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert 4th AKB48 groups singing contest

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Aug 10, 2021.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

This is my experience when I watched the show (on TV).

When Nao perform, it was good, but I don't think she did good enough to win. With Eretan, she actually had plenty of misses on her top 8 performance (her group performance was much better), which her 8th position is not really surprising. Then the 1st big singer came, which is Shimizu Sara. She did really good, but for me, she sang a bit too text book, so I don't think she would've won, especially not with Ikeda Yura in the competition.
    Now came the first potential winner, which is Yano Honoka, which performed really great. After it was Ikeda Yura turn and as always, she sang really clean, probably too clean for my taste, but no doubt great. Between these 2 I actually prefer Honoka over Yura but honestly either one can be a winner.
    Next up is Imamura Mitsuki. Probably can't win. Not that her performance is bad. Performed better than Eretan, but definitely will not rank high.
    Now it's Naachan turn. I felt that with the right song choice, Naachan can overall perform better than Honoka and Yura, which is basically my main problem with Naachan in the previous competition where she didn't pick a song that is good enough to win (well, probably on the 2nd competition she can win if she can actually sing her top 8 song). This time her execution is really good and the song has enough complexity + it is a song where the singer can really show their emotion. After seeing the performance, I knew that Naachan this time has a really good chance to win (which I didn't think she had on the previous competition). I think Naachan did enough to be in front of Honoka, but not really sure on how the judges will evaluate Naachan vs Yura. I'm not a fan of the way Sara or Yura sing, but I definitely can see that type of singing doing really good in a competition.
    The last one is Mimura Hino. I always worried about a performer with musical style relative to Naachan performance since normally the song can be really big thus bigger wow factor. This time her song is actually a ballad. Definitely much weaker performance than her group performance. Because of her singing style, part of the song where it should be delicate now sounded a bit too over the top. Also the overall execution is less cleaner than her group performance. In that sense I'm kinda relieved because less winner candidate to be worried about.

So yeah. Whether it is rigged or not, based on performance, I don't think there is much to complain with the top 3. Personally, my top 3 would be Naachan, Honotan, and Yura in that order. I don't think I would put Honotan above Naachan, but I might put Yura on top depending on what they look for.

I think only the 2nd contest that might be rigged since at that time, Moeka performance in the top 8 was definitely not as good as it should've have been. Not that Moeka is a bad singer. Her group performance was great. It just that for the top 8, I think Amiru did a better job. The only justification I can think of is using Moeka group performance as a consideration, which is not how it works in this competition.

For the 3rd contest, Although I do agree that Yura did better than Kano, if Kano had sing her song (Whenever You Are) like in the finalist concert, she would 100% win the 3rd contest. Kano version of that song at the concert is definitely the best singing that I've seen throughout the whole singing contest and the finalist concert.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    I always knew Furuhata Nao was into dark stuff, but holy sh@t , 2021 must have hit her in a different way. She looked more of a Bray Wyatt family member than an SKE member. She looked like a lion on meth ..... Btw congrats Naachan well deserved as Ikeda went for more of the same ( next level stuff tho ). One girl I would have picked for the finals would be Kojima Aiko, Really enjoyed her performance. All in all great competition. We need more of these around the year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. welp

welp Next Girls

My 2 cents as uneducated listener.
    Shimizu Sara
    - Started off flat and flat now and then. She could hit low notes well but not high ones. I think she sang with closed throat? Her voice did not sound clear.

Murayama Yuiri
    - Very nasal. Struggled in low register.

Yano Honoka
    - She could hit note highest and with mixed voice. Had fair vibrato. But, she sounded shaky.

Sakamoto Erena
    - Struggled in low register. Few minor voice cracks. Could not control her pitch. Her song was easier.

Imamura Mizuki
    - Very nasal. Did not have techniques required to sing jazz song. No groove. Some pitch problems.

Furuhata Nao
    - Big part of the song was too low for her range. Still, she could not raise the key of the song as the high note would be too high for her range in that case. It sounded as if the song should be sung with dynamic but, she lacked the technique required to create the dynamic.

Ikeda Yura
    - Some notes was strained? I don't think her pitch was that good?

Okada Nana
    - She exhibited best technical diversity. Some notes were belted and some were breathy. She could switch from mixed to head voice smoothly. She showed fair vibrato too. She deserved a bonus for emotion expression. She and Honoka were just 2 contestants who hit high notes in mixed voice. If this were a Korean show, her second last high note where she escalated from high to higher would give her a bonus.
    Her group performance was unarguably weak but, her final one was nice.

6. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    I actually rated both Honoka and Yura above Naachan!

I just really really felt smth was missing from Naachan's performance.
    Yura did amazing technically and had a very clear performance
    Honoka had a very emotional performance which was personally my favorite

Naachan was technically better than Honoka, but emotions weren't as good
    Naachan was also emotionally better than Yura, but technique wise did worse imo

Just.... I feel like Naachan really has the potential and ability to go all out rock, but I wasn't feeling that in her performance. The energy was all off

7. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

Big congratulations to Naachan! Finally!!
    The first song was honestly meh~
    But the second song really grew on me the more I listen to it. I can definitely feel her emotions and the lyrics, man, so painful.
    Naachan has always been good with painful (one-sided) love songs. Sometimes it makes me wonder what she's been through lol
    I hope she can find her happiness in the future.

8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Report from WWS of today's finalists concert:
    https://www.wws-channel.com/girls2/365495.html

309e08731e05dad088f1283cdf56f25d.jpg

During the event it was announced that the 5th contest will be held in March 2023. As well as an individual competition there will also be one with 3-member units and it'll be possible for members to compete in both. The winners of both competitions will appear in a travel show filmed in Okinawa (but overseas locations may be considered if the situation allows).

• Like Like x 3
  10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I hope that finalist live gets broadcast or streamed someday.

11. hinapyon

hinapyon Member

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    • Like Like x 1
  12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    'The Television' has a much more detailed report of yesterday's show:
    https://thetv.jp/news/detail/1100769/

On the third page of the article is the setlist of 34 songs which I've pasted below.
    (Sadly I don't have time today to translate or Romanize the list but maybe somebody very helpful might be able to do that? :))

13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    (Assuming no mistakes)
    • M00.Overture (BAND Ver.) - THE BAND
    • M01.Gunjō (YOASOBI) - All
    • M02.Mikansei girl (Suzuki Airi) - Ikeda
    • M03.Dakara boku wa ongaku wo yameta (Yorushika) - Sakamoto
    • M04.Tsuki to mizukagami (Yokoyama Yui [AKB48]) - Yano
    • M05.Tabako (Koresawa) - Murayama
    • M06.Onna no ko wa dare demo (Tokyo Jihen) - Imamura