1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

After one year, how do you feel about the progress of STU?

Discussion in 'General STU48 Discussion' started by marioworldakb, Mar 14, 2018.

?

So how do you feel about them? Please feel free to leave a comment after!

1. Awesome

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Aight

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Can do better

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Terrible

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    STU48 2017-18 Season Reflection Post

Hmm It's almost the 1 year anniversary of STU48's debut. (May 3rd is the day I would consider their official debut)

October 10th, 2016 - Group Announcement in the 6th AKB Group Janken Tournament

January 16th, 2017 - Application Period start

February 22nd, 2017 - Okada Nana announces on her own Showroom co-cocurrency with STU48 and appointed as captain. Same day, Sashihara Rino announces on ANN co-currency with STU48 and appointed as STU48 Theater Manager.

March 19th, 2017 - Final Audition results (44 candidates passed)

March 21st, 2017 - Yamamoto Manabu announced as STU48 Theater Manager. (along with Sashihara Rino)

March 31st, 2017 - Profiles revealed (31 members + 2 kennins)

Hiroshima Flower Festival (STU48 media debut) @ May 3rd, 2017

if the video does not show watch the video here

Okayama Mirai Hall (STU debut performance) @ June 3rd, 2017
    http://48videodouga.net/video/4481

After making those dates clear, allow me to take some time to look back and evaluate some stuff.

So far we have 3 graduates Kuroiwa Yui (Ehime), Ozaki Mami (Ehime) and Cho Orie (Okayama) and Sasshi (Oita) resigned.
    But at the same time we have 5 D3 addition: Nakamura Mai (Ehime), Oki Yuka (Okayama), Mizoguchi Aiko (Okayama), Yura Akari (Hiroshima) and Shinano Soraha (Hyogo) to fill in their spots...

Hate to say it but maybe the choice at the draft to pick 5 girls is a very good one after all.

And manpower wise we are still keeping around 32 and each prefecture representation is quite balanced which is still valid for 2 team establishment.

Another new year to start another new voyage. People come and go, it's tough to say goodbye with the old companions (wish they could stay longer for the glory days to come) but then also excited for the future with the new nakamas once they break out into full activation.

The management is doing quite good in damage control by distributing the work load to all the girls lately. Well organized and planned ahead with a lot of innovative experiments, especially for HS, stages and concerts. Not to mention I have to praise them for the ridiculous amount of multimedia outputs they are utilizing to their advantage to put STU girls out there.

So I can't really criticize them for too much as they are doing a LOT things in the right direction so far...except of course the boat, well its pretty easy to heckle them with this as people has been doing it all year long already. After all I doubt this year we will get the boat either. Next year though...but I don't how many old faces we gunna have to part ways by then.

The girls themselves of course have improved a lot and I mean every single one of them. Daring to take up new challenges and sticking up for each other through many harsh conditions. Bonds have been strengthen and relationships within the group has only gotten better and closer with one another which they are as tight as one big family. They are making history through their own blood, sweat and tears. Like many new idol groups they have been mocked, looked down and disregarded in conversations. But they are not easily broken by those negative things and proven can be tough as nails which helps them grow stronger in characters and unity.

Under the emerging leadership of Yumirin and the best captain of all time Naachan, they band along with the strong reliable senbatsu members and pave the path for the many young potential members who are still in their secret arsenal developing strong. STU in it's 2nd year is definitely becoming a force is reckon with and many years to come for sure.

Right now the next big event I think for STU fans to be concerned about is if they can send more than Yumirin to make a splash in SSK this year. Naachan will surely be in Kami 7 as the environment is ripe for her now. But the million dollar question is which other STU members that are possible candidates to maybe, just maybe rank in? imho Hinachan, Chiho, Fuuchan and Kanon. It would still be okay if none of them manage get in however, as many of them are still young and the future is practically theirs to grab eventually as long as their home fan base keeps getting momentum to grow in the Setouchi region, then it would still be a huge win for STU strategically speaking in public image.

Speaking of public image, the local and even national government institutions seems to be keen on co-operating with STU and also the many sponsorship from private sector companies as well thanks to Setouchi DMO and especially with AEON and Lawson. The local news and TV stations are also very happy and proud enough to accept them as public relation ambassadors (close to local sports team) for their respective prefecture which is quite a rare scene for idol groups nowadays.

Song wise I am really satisfied with all of them in 2017-18 season. I love them all and I don't have much to complain about. The MV's are all staggeringly beautiful and gorgeous. The only slight disappointment is their choice of formation which they still don't have the ONE song as a group other than "STU48" song. (I'm hoping we get something like w-keyakizaka no uta which that would be fricking lit)

New costumes and uniforms are pumping out almost each month which is quite mind blowing for me as they throw in so much resources into this department. At this rate they can publish their own fashion catalog by the end of 2018 lol

And sales wise in all areas have been very much satisfactory. Nothing much to criticize or praise except of course Yumirin who is currently a beast at HS sales in both STU and AKB. Management has picked a very good center for us. Without a doubt she is my pick of the MVP member of the year for STU.

As for the Takamina Trophy (The most improvement and hard working member of the year), I would be proud and honored to give this award to Kai Kokoa the wonder kid. :1st:She can do great things if she keeps developing well as an idol (not an orthodox one of course). Much potential I have seen so far in the 48G.

Overall, I rate this debut year of 2017-18 season for STU as a whole B+. It was a really fun and emotional roller coaster ride for me, thank you for the great year STU!

Looking forward to and excited for 2018-19.

DX2gAwhVMAAVzPm.jpg DWyQlJbVoAEg8jV.jpg DVozq8nUMAAcrtk.jpg

What are your thoughts and reflection about the group? Please share them here in this thread! :D

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Regarding the Feb 22 date, I've seen conflicting reports of the 22nd and 23rd. Do you know what this discrepancy comes from? I wanna get my facts straight.

3. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Discrepancy on?

https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/1782733.html
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2086401/full/

Well they kinda both announced on the same day as I remembered it. Cuz I remember there were people complaining about Sasshi stealing Naachan's spotlight or whatever lol Probably some reported ANN as 23rd because ANN is a late night show.

4. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

The wiki says the 23rd, though I don't know the source of that. I guess maybe they took the date of an article or something instead of the date of the occurrence.

5. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    If it bugs you then you can actually just go and find the Naachan SR and ANN episode so you can pinpoint the date.

But I took sources from the Japanese wiki so I took the earlier stated date should be more accurate.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

6. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Fair enough, that makes sense. =)

7. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Question...

Is this thread supposed to inspire a discussion? If so, perhaps @marioworldakb can edit his OP and describe what type of responses would be appropriate for this thread. Something like "After one year, how do you feel about the progress of STU? Has it been above, below, or at your expectations for where the group should be?" Or something like that. I just made that up on the fly.

Otherwise this would be more appropriate for the general thread. But I wanted to give you an opportunity to edit it before I moved anything.

Thanks

8. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    I've just checked the dates from Naachan's and Rino's announcements and the Naachan showroom happened on 2/22, telling us that more informations will be revealed in ANN this night. There it was announced that Naachan will be Captain, and Rino will be the theater manager.
    So, the Rino announcement was technically 2/23 as ANN is late at night/early in the morning.

Other than that I'll just agree with everything @marioworldakb had put together. Nothing to complain there. Especially with their costumes lol
    It seems they hvae new ones every 2 months lol

9. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Reply...

This thread is intended to inspire discussion by the title of the post through reflecting the group development for the past year. In my opinion, this topic is big enough to earn itself a thread whether in response to my own personal reflection or for fellow stage 48 users posting their own thoughts and reflection about the group.

If this was not made obvious then I am happy to change the title to your suggestion and imply questions for interactive responses.

With that being said, I wonder what are the standards are for posting discussion topics titles since people from NMB thread are in fact experimenting with this "new style" of discussion. I mean if title such as "Jo Eriko gets a solo song on the next single" is deemed good enough itself a discussion thread status http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/jo-eriko-gets-a-solo-song-on-the-next-single.20687/ or even "Which One" unit is now named "Queentet" http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/which-one-unit-is-now-named-queentet.21017/

Then why should we be questioning the title "STU48 2017-18 Season Reflection Post" not appropriate enough?

======================================

Btw I would like to use this chance here to nag a bit.

My dear mod kami sama since you have been kind enough to notice and reply to my unworthy post here in the STU forum. Would you be kind enough to do some more mod duty which I requested last Saturday? :D

Also is it possible that you can give permission for us fans in the "STU Kenkyuusei" board to update the newly addition Draft 3 members? All the groups have theirs posted already and because the board is locked for us we can't post new thread in it. Plus I see you or ithebigc are "busy" enough to update them then why not just let us open the threads for them?

Bless

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  10. MrJeff2Seoul

MrJeff2Seoul Kenkyuusei

I've only been following them for a few months. Can't say my thoughts on the past year, but do like their songs. Noticed some good singers are not in the main group.... not sure how the 48 formula or casting works.

11. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Added a new poll! :D

====================
    Hi there!

Feel free to visit this thread for any general AKB48G question. If you got specific STU question then you can post it up on the STU General Thread!
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/akb48-question-answer.95/

Also if you are generally a new 48G fan I would recommend to watch the AKB documentaries on google to get a general sense of how the group has developed historically. Also the Wiki48 would be a very useful tool too.

12. Suii

Suii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    I think they are doing fine.
    Besides the missing theatre...They have their own show and a lot more things going on.
    As mario said, every girl has something to do/ appeared somewhere. That's STUs strong point imo. Because nobody gets left behind or nothing to do it seems to strengthened (is that correct? lol) their bond.

I didn't watch some of their recent performances, but each time I watched a 'new' one I though : wow they improved, again !

As for the gradutes... I'm still super sad Ocho announced her graduation, because she was the reason I followed STU. But I started to love the group as a whole, rather than individuals like I do with akb nowadays. That said STU became my 2nd favourite 48g group. :)

Long story short : stus first year was a success imo! And I'm hoping the 2nd year will be even more successful!

13. MikaCHansen

MikaCHansen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Imamura Mitsuki (STU48)
    Each girl improved so much over this year. Even if some girls are a bit left behind (like Hinako or Aoi), they still get some jobs and appearances on social medias.

STU itself developed it's own group aura. Idk, it feels serene and free like the ocean (lol), yet hardworking. I personally think this group shines as a whole, and that every member completes each other. It's like a big family! With Nanadad and Yumimom... or maybe it's the other way round.. Yumidad and Nanamom [hehe]

Except the b-sides of their 1st single, I'd say their first year was very good. I can't help but support them, and I believe they have the power to make people want to protect them or something like that wwww.

14. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    When I first watch STU videos on YouTube, I really didn't have much impression on Yumirin at all. Like I just immediately thought "why this girl? Her dancing is not good, her voice is not good, why her?" After actually following STU (and obviously her), I start to like her more and more, and she definitely started to shine more as a Center as well. Not only her, but I could feel that the STU girls have improved a lot, despite not being able to watch many of their performance. While before, when looking at STU, I could only see them as a team with "potential", while that is still true, I've realised they also have more to them as well. Their camaraderie, for example, is one of the thing that I learn to respect the most about them.

15. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    We have everything and set to go now, I think people needs to update their opinion who voted terrible at least [hehe]