1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB GL/yuri game

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Theatre' started by aces, Jul 7, 2012.

1. aces

aces Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]

Edit for update: I decided to just go ahead and make a Majisuka Gakuen dating sim, since that seemed the most reasonable. I've started on it, but it's pretty rough right now! This preview image is a concept, but it's pretty close to the final look. I also decided that I wanted to draw it, but thank you Hikaritan48 for the offer of helping out! If anyone wants to do backgrounds though.... that would be pretty awesome :D

The player character will be Maeda, and you will have the option to romantically pursue the Four Heavenly Queens + Sado and Yuuko. Maybe some bonus characters too if I am feeing ambitious enough. It will follow the events of MJSK 1, so it’ll be a mostly familiar storyline with some twists.

Super open to suggestions!! One thing I have been pondering for a while is to whether to have the narration in first or second person, so any input on that would be super helpful.

(If the dialogue box looks familiar, that’s probably because it’s a shameless ripoff of Persona 4’s interface)

I was thinking of making some sort of AKB (or Majisuka Gakuen….?) GL visual nove/game type thing recently, so I was wondering if there would be any interest. I'm pretty ambitious and I usually have a lot of time on my hands, so I don't think it would take me any more than ~6 months maybe. I can handle the programming/writing/etc., but it would be awesome if there were people interested in helping with the character sprites and backgrounds! :)

As far as the plot is concerned, I'm thinking of a system where, at the beginning, you are assigned to a team (either you choose or you get sorted like… in Harry Potter haha? I haven't really thought it through)--and then obviously your choices are kind of whoever's in that team, sort of like how it works in Tokimeki.

I'm also wondering how much people would be interested in the plot aside from dating. Would people be interested in a plot with struggles similar to those in AKB49 and a plot revolving that included the challenges of possible scandals and working for a good senbatsu rank? Would mini-games be cool or tedious?

All in all, what I'm asking is: would you be interested in playing this game and, if so, what would you like to see from it?

2. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

Hi [hi]
    I love playing games~ <3
    Maybe the mini-games could be like dancing or something, I'm not too sure :XD:
    What does GL stand for or mean?

3. aces

aces Kenkyuusei

Yeah, I really like the idea of dancing games. Sometimes people don't like mini game type things in visual novels, but I think it would be fun considering the context.

GL stands for Girls' Love. So to clarify: one of the main points of this game is that you date an AKB member. And since you're an AKB member in this game, you'd also be a girl--hence the GL. I mean, if people really hate the idea, I wouldn't be averse to throwing in an option to be a guy instead a la AKB49. But of course, since this is an all girls' group, that would be sort of like playing the game on Hard Mode ;)

4. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Sounds like a interesting idea, and since im a massive of of Yuri/GL, I'd definitely support this :awesome:

I think i'd like this idea for a plot, sounds interesting > w <
    And as for minigames, how bout some AKB song guessing or lyrics guessing karaoke style? Those should be nice to see lol :awesome:

Would you add other48 groups into the game if possible though? I'd love to date Rena in the game lol :^O^:

5. aces

aces Kenkyuusei

Those are good ideas!

I think it will be hard to manage programming for all the AKB girls alone, so I don't know that great numbers of SKE/NMB/HKT girls would be easy to fit in there (though maybe a future spin-off...?). But since Rena is in the senbatsu and is very popular I would be happy to include her as a bonus!

6. Gentlementleman

Gentlementleman Kenkyuusei

But where will you get the resources from?
    Will it be drawn or photos?
    If it uses photos, where do you get the different states of moods?
    so it will be drawn, but who will draw over 60+ different characters with approx. 10+ states of moods?

7. aces

aces Kenkyuusei

I think it would be pretty awesome if it could be drawn, but my drawing skills are not that great unfortunately. So if anyone would like to help out in that area, it would really great! Of course I don't expect that one person would be willing to draw so many characters + expressions, so a team of people who have a consistent style would be ideal. If that doesn't work out, then I would be happy to draw it all myself. I'm a student and it is summer after all, so I have the time at least ;)

But like I said, my drawing skills are adequate but not as flashy as I would perhaps like them to be. So if it comes to using photos, I don't think that will be a problem at all. I think that might even be significantly easier, actually. I'm pretty handy with Photoshop, so I am very confident that it will look smooth and realistic.

8. Gentlementleman

Gentlementleman Kenkyuusei

Maybe we could rip the photos from the AKB1/48 game. :p

9. Yui-Oshimen-Sama

Yui-Oshimen-Sama Kenkyuusei

I like the sound of this.

10. Hikaritan48

Hikaritan48 Kenkyuusei

You know I wouldn't mind helping along with the project.
    I can draw but it might take a while drawing all the girls in the group though
    Also here's a link of my devinart profile:
    http://nagawasaki193.deviantart.com/
    I'm a lovetan oshi :inlove:

11. aces

aces Kenkyuusei

Hey guys, I've started on things + made some changes to the plan!

News is in the first post.

12. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Why didn't I see this before? How is it coming along now? I would love to play it :D