1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Generation AKB48 17th Generation

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mana, Dec 16, 2021.

1. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

I found different performance with Sorara a few days ago and she really impressed me. She seemed not to be nervous or awkward at all, her movements were super clear. She also seems to be less afraid of eye contact with the audience (but that's just a personal impression, as I was not part of the audience). If I would not have known that it was a Zenza Girl performance, I would not have guessed it is. ^^
    I now watched the linked perfomance with Niinan and Aichan, and this one gives me similar vibes. Both make little mistakes here and there, but they overall seem very confident on their position, it's very nice to watch them.

Apart from that, I liked Mayuu's and Erichan's performance. They seemed a bit nervous/awkward, but also as if they'd enjoy being on stage and their expressions and smiles are adorable. <3

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Agree. Sorara, Niinan, and Aichan certainly felt comfortable on stage.
    I'd argue the other girls are not that far behind them though!
    For Kokko and Nonchan, they have unique expressions, I still cannot read their enjoyment from their eyes.
    Still haven't seen Yuki's performance so I can't say anything, the other Sorara performance you saw might be the one? Can you post a link to it?

Also do you guys think those are live singing? If so they did plenty well for kenkyuusei, although Heart Gata Virus is certainly not a difficult song to sing and dance.

3. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Question for AKB48 17ki in 48times June issue: https://48times.com/news?tag=研究生特集
    4. Special skills and strengths?
    • Ota Yuki: Soft ears that can be moved; Copying songs just by hearing them because I have sense of sound
    • Kohama Kokone: I don't really have any special skills, but I want to make one now!
    • Sato Airi: Cheerleading, which I have been doing for 10 years! My strength is that I always have a smile on my face.
    • Hashimoto Eriko: My strength is I'm healthy and don't easily catch a cold! My special skill is making delicious potato salad!
    • Hasegawa Niina: Piano and flute. Also, thanks to the brass band training, I can copy simple things by ear
    • Hakateyama Nozomi: I can do Kendo
    • Hirata Yuki: I can eat sour lemon quickly
    • Hotei Moka: It is easy to get lost for the first time, but I remember the land that came once. Smile and charm are my charm points!
    • Masai Mayuu: Since I was doing rhythmic gymnastics for 11.5 years, my soft body is the best. I think it's an advantage. In addition to the softness of the body, I think that the rhythmic feeling and suppleness cultivated in rhythmic gymnastics can be utilized in dance !!
    • Mizushima Miyuu: I think my strength is serious. Also, I can continue Baton twirling from 2 to 18 years old, or belong to the track and field club from the 1st grade of junior high school to the 3rd grade of high school, I can work with a goal for a long time!
    • Yamazaki Sora: The advantage is bright, and my specialty is swimming, which I have been doing for 10 years.
    5. Your oshimen and the reason?
    • Ota Yuki: Kashiwagi Yuki and Murayama Yuiri
    • Kohama Kokone: Chiba Erii
    • Sato Airi: Yamauchi Mizuki
    • Hashimoto Eriko: Maeda Atsuko and Nakanishi Chiyori
    • Hasegawa Niina: Oguri Yui and Sakaguchi Nagisa
    • Hakateyama Nozomi: Okada Nana
    • Hirata Yuki: Yabuki Nako
    • Hotei Moka: 17th generation
    • Masai Mayuu: Oguri Yui
    • Mizushima Miyuu: Shitao Miu
    • Yamazaki Sora: Okada Nana
    6. 48group member you want to be?
    • Ota Yuki: Shinoda Mariko
    • Kohama Kokone: Oshima Yuko
    • Sato Airi: Murayama Yuiri
    • Hashimoto Eriko: Maeda Atsuko
    • Hasegawa Niina: Mukaichi Mion
    • Hakateyama Nozomi: Itano Tomomi
    • Hirata Yuki: Kashiwagi Yuki
    • Hotei Moka: Mukaichi Mion
    • Masai Mayuu: Hashimoto Haruna
    • Mizushima Miyuu: Kashiwagi Yuki
    • Yamazaki Sora: Wanatabe Mayu
    7. Seniors you are interested in?
    • Ota Yuki: Hashimoto Haruna and Mogi Shinobu
    • Kohama Kokone: Asai Nanami and Sato Minami
    • Sato Airi: Onishi Momoka, Asai Nanami, Omori Maho (welcome to Team B)
    • Hashimoto Eriko: Nakanishi Chiyori
    • Hasegawa Niina: Onishi Momoka and Hashimoto Haruna
    • Hakateyama Nozomi: Hashimoto Haruna
    • Hirata Yuki: Onishi Momoka
    • Hotei Moka: Onishi Momoka (Momoka caught another 17ki's heart with KISS⁸)
    • Masai Mayuu: Taniguchi Megu and Onishi Momoka
    • Mizushima Miyuu: Onishi Momoka and Hashimoto Haruna
    • Yamazaki Sora: Onishi Momoka and Nakanishi Chiyori
    9. 48 group songs that you want to perform
    • Ota Yuki: Yokaze no Shiwaza
    • Kohama Kokone: Negaigoto no Mochigusare
    • Sato Airi: Kuroi Tenshi, Tenshi no Shippo, Sustainable and Kanojo
    • Hashimoto Eriko: Wasshoi B! (17ki ver)
    • Hasegawa Niina: Gingham Check and Heavy Rotation
    • Hakateyama Nozomi: Everyday, Katyusha and Koi Suru Fortune Cookie
    • Hirata Yuki: Enkyori Poster, Lavender Field, Nemohamo Rumor, Dakishimeraretara
    • Hotei Moka: LOVE TRIP, Moto Kare Desu, Avocado Jane~shi...
    • Masai Mayuu: Heavy Rotation and 365nichi no Kamihikouki
    • Mizushima Miyuu: Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka?, Baby! Baby! Baby!, Shonichi, Shoujotachi yo, Manatsu no Sounds Good!
    • Yamazaki Sora: 11gatsu no Anklet, Namida no Hyomen Choryoku, Shidare Yanagi, Nagiichi
    Actually there are 16 question, you can read the first 10 for free and the rest with 48times member account. I'm not confident in translating so maybe someone with better Japanese skill will help us translate the full interview.
    I've found full 10 question translated for:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  4. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48

• Like Like x 2
  5. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I knew that newby called oshimen randomly. [hehe]

6. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    At least we know that she is trying to smile more and her can't smile (or don't like) character is not an act.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    I am so inexplicably drawn to Kokko.... her performances just have something interestingly magical to them lmao!
    Hotechan has stolen my heart with her voice. I cannot get over it, she sounds so damn adorable!!!
    Sorara, while being the weakest singer of the gen imo (the whole generation seems to be quite good at singing) has a really good energy while performing.
    Niinan just seems really confident overall, am loving that about her

I just love Kokko to be honest... everything about her draws me in lmao
    The way she struggles to smile, but wants to smile (to be honest I do hope her smiles stay something rare... it would make them all the more special)
    Her expressions are really quite unique and I just LOVE HER

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Some weeks ago I applied for 2 tickets for online talks today with 17th Gen members. The procedure was that I just ordered '17th Gen tickets' and then 9 days ago I was able to select the groups of members who I wanted to talk with (there was one group of two and three groups of three each). As my initial joint favourites Niinan and Mizumin were both in the same group (along with Erichan) I chose that for my first one, and recently Sorara has been gaining my attention so I chose the group she was in (along with Yukitan and Mayuuchan) for my second.

Initially I was hoping that each member would appear one at a time in each talk (as happened with the NMB48 group talks using the same WithLIVE app) but in fact all 3 members appeared together each time, with staff-san at the ID check asking me to turn my tablet into landscape mode so I could see all of them. I still only had 15 seconds for each talk so I didn't really have the time to talk individually to each member. Therefore for each talk session after having quickly introduced myself as being from England I simply greeted each member in turn. However I did get nice surprised reactions from all 6 when they discovered that I knew their nicknames! After that I just had time to say that they're all 'kawaii' before it was time to thank them and say 'bye bye'. Interestingly though Sorara said "Nice to meet you, have a nice day!" so maybe she's able to speak some English?

It was definitely a good experience other than it was rather too short. I'll continue to follow all of the 17th Gen and when individual online talks become available I'll then choose my favourite members to speak to.

• Like Like x 8
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 9
  10. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Thank God it isn't swimsuit gravure :1st:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. jessiejinx

jessiejinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu (Cuca)
    i would so watch Mizumin perform Shoujotachi yo! for some reason i drawn to her.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Except for Niinan, Nonchan and Mayuu-chan, all of these answers make me think these girls are genuinely interested in AKB48.

Especially Erichan's choice makes me very happy, Wasshoi B (or Bacchikoi K) is one of my favourite theatre songs. I also think Avocado Jane~shi would really suit Hotei-chan and her baby energy. Mizumin obviously loves the nostalgic songs; I had to check where Sorara is from 'cause she chose a couple NMB songs, but she's not from Osaka. I like Aichan's choices as well cause she likes angels so she chose the songs that have the word tenshi in them [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  13. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    17th Gen Audition Documentary coming soon to Eizousoko ( AKB48グループ映像倉庫) on friday

https://mobile.twitter.com/AKBG_eizousouko/status/1536559053479944193

video : https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1536305280992288769/pu/vid/1280x720/chjb0rflAiDtIwUx.mp4

------

BTW what happened to Erichan's face&hair after the latest Sayounara Mouri ended? it's like she got splashed with water, some extra/future content?
    reference (at around 2:58):

if the video does not show watch the video here

------
    Found this compilation of 17th gen Heart Gata Virus performance of all 11:
    https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1536693451529629696/vid/1280x720/66zHNX4WGKPL3Gz_.mp4?tag=14

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    17th gen Audition Documentary first half was good, went a bit into their first job (I assume taking photos for photosets?) and just a little bit of footage from their audition.
    Some were pretty pro at those posing already :shock:
    A few girls were so nervous during the audition they cried (the ones shown were Mizumin, Kokko, Erichan)
    Sorara left me an impression of really being comfortable for this job and her answers were properly thought too.
    And in the end they celebrated Erichan's birthday which coincided with the day of their first job.

Can't wait for part 2 next week to see more interactions!:2nd:

idk if I can put the bilibili link here so I'll just put the official teaser (basically the first 2 mins)

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Interesting, source?
    Who knows, Sasshi was also living together with Chihou gumi and ended up being a top member.

16. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Regarding the 4 17ki members that lived together, they must be
    Kokko (Hokkaido)
    Mizumin (Hokkaido)
    Hotechan (Hyogo)
    Erichan (Osaka)
    since the rest are from around Tokyo area.

Birth of new chihougumi?[hehe] the last one spawned several notable members of 48 group and long lasting friendships.

I did read of how Mizumin felt that Tokyo people were helpful when she was moving heavy things and Kokko had trouble sleeping because big city is noisy at night.
    Kokko's hometown sounds like fully surrounded with nature (fox sounds, sightings of bears, snakes and deers) so hopefully she can adapt with city life soon.

• Like Like x 6
  17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Or they might end up really close friends. IZ*ONE lived together in dorms of 2x 6 members, and there were no leaked photos or any fights, from what we know. Those who got double rooms are also still friends. Kang Hyewon and Kwon Eunbi, for example, shared a bedroom and they were on a show together very recently together with Jo Yuri (who shared a room with HKT48 Nako). It's quite common in K-Pop in general, and hasn't caused that many issues.

But even besides that, I believe it's fairly normal for AKB48 members to live in the same apartment building provided by AKB48 management if they don't have family living in Tokyo. It was also one of the plot elements in the group's manga AKB49.

Hasemomo was the rare exception, not Sasshi :)

• Like Like x 6
  18. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

i had this in the kks thread but maybe it should be here? airi will be on in about 5 minutes...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

That's right :)

FYI, Yuri didn't leave any birthday comment for Nako :cry:. Hyewon, Chaeyeon, Eunbi and Hii did. Where are the rest of IZ*ONE girls? (It's funny. We can see a very obvious trend here lol)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. jessiejinx

jessiejinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu (Cuca)
    spot the odd one out (without bangs lol)