1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 34th Single Janken Taikai (13/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jul 3, 2013.

1. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    The fourth Janken Taikai will be held on Wednesday, September 18th, at Nippon Budokan.

PRELIMINARY TOURNAMENTS

6/29 13:00 -- NMB48 Kenkyuusei

• Uno Mizuki, Shibuya Nagisa, Morita Ayaka
    7/02 18:00 -- SKE48 Kenkyuusei

• Owaki Arisa, Kitahara Yuna, Sasaki Yuka, Takeuchi Saki
    7/03 18:00 -- SKE48 (incl. 4 winners of the KKS prelims)

• Isohara Kyoka, Ichino Narumi, Uchiyama Mikoto, Sato Seira, Takeuchi Mai, Matsumoto Rina, Mizuno Honoka, Miyamae Ami
    7/04 18:30 -- NMB48 (incl. 3 winners of the KKS prelims)

• Uno Mizuki, Okita Ayaka, Kamieda Emika, Kobayashi Rikako, Koyanagi Arisa, Shiroma Miru, Morita Ayaka, Murakami Ayaka
    7/06 18:00 -- AKB48 Kenkyuusei

• Owada Nana, Kojima Mako, Tsuchiyasu Mizuki, Yumoto Ami
    7/10 18:00 -- HKT48 Kenkyuusei / HKT48 (incl. 4 winners of the KKS prelims)

• Tomonaga Mio, Tanaka Natsumi, Miyawaki Sakura

2. the_kaizar

the_kaizar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tashimatenchou
    did all of participant list must come to janken tournament? or they have to choice?

3. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    What point is there in not taking part? It's all about luck. The girls really enjoy this event.

4. the_kaizar

the_kaizar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tashimatenchou
    you're right,
    ah, there are a little case in concurrent member which i am thinking about.
    is Rena Nozawa still have to participating the janken taika even her concurrency isn't fixed yet? or may be there is a special rule or condition for her? she has the concurrent position in AKB but still hasn't a team there.

5. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I think she's allowed to join just because she holds a concurrent position even if she doesn't have a team yet.

6. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

if sato seira going naked this time, i demand she should straight win the janken without match :drool:

7. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    It would be very strange if Rena Nozawa won a spot in the single considering that her concurrency was just announced, she doesn't even have an AKB team yet, and she has yet to do any performance or appearance with them. It'd be like, "Huh? Who is that girl??" to even the hardcore fans.

8. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Good, then she can get some exposure :D

I imagine that she will have a team by the time the tournament rolls around though. Remember it's all the way in September...

Ooh, I remember Morita Ayaka standing out to me when I watched a NMB KKS performance. I kinda like her. I hope she manages to make it through to the tournament itself.

9. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Awww...I thought they'll invite past graduates to participate, just like the sousenkyo. Welp there goes the chances of me seeing the day Ohori Megumi being center hahaha

10. the_kaizar

the_kaizar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tashimatenchou
    that's why rena nozawa's case has been confusing me little. is it the first time while concurrency announced but she doesn't have a team yet? and did last year janken taika allow concurrency member could pass the preliminary? i couldn't remember it.

aki-p must be kidding for this, lol :lol:

11. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

IMO maybe all election Senbatsu members should get automatic bids too. [think] That way Sayanee, Rena Matsui, Akarin and Sasshi would get guaranteed spots... more star power. [rock] Otherwise I don't think they would ever make it... winning the preliminaries is so hard. :^^;:

12. csidni

csidni Kenkyuusei

You do understand that the whole purpose of this event is to give non-senbatsu members a shot at getting a spot in the senbatsu, right? Prioritising senbatsu members would be completely counter-productive. Any spot taken in this particular senbatsu by a high ranking member is a spot wasted if you ask me.

13. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ Looking at the bracket from last year... aren't the higher ranking members prioritized anyway? They clearly don't want to leave it all to chance... I didn't see any top tier members facing each other in the first round... some even got a first round buy. IMO going by last year's bracket... this event was made to give lower ranking members a shot, but also at the same time designed to get as many high ranking members into the senbatsu as normal chance would allow.

And for the record, I don't think any election senbatsu member should take away any AKB48 member's spot... but like if a SKE or NMB member made it into the top 16 ranks for the election, then they should get an automatic bid as one of SKE's or NMB's 8 guaranteed spots (concurrent members not included). It would be like the SKE or NMB fans voted them into AKB48's Janken tournament.

And besides... IMHO... it is much more exciting when a David defeats a Goliath... IMO having a few more Goliaths around in the first round would increase the drama and probably fan interest as well. [rock]

14. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Some videos here
    Kaotan's video on SKE KKS Prelims
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2fLtsxGzW8&feature=player_embedded[/yt]

NMB Prelims
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=18z6oqthz-E[/yt]

15. Silenka

If I recall correctly, the decision for who gets which slot in the janken is determined completely at random by pulling names out of a box. At least that's the way they did it the first year (the footage of the random choosing is included in the Surprise wa Arimasen concert). I would assume that is the way they still do it, which means that high ranking members only get good spots by sheer luck.

16. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    The one thing 48 groups have been missing all this time is more preferential opportunities for their most popular members. Thankfully, the system in place works just fine. Why should Sayanee or Rena get special spots in the tournament when there are 100 other girls who don't? "Because she's popular" isn't a reason. It completely disregards this tournament's concept of "luck." There was also plenty of "David slaying Goliath" in the prelims if that's what you're after.

17. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I completely support this event because it is the only event that gives the possibility of having a Kodama Haruka's center position in a AKB single.

Just for this you have my whole support.

Yaguura Fuuko center would be cool too. I think she would be good too.

No i'm not biaised at all. :drool:

18. Silenka

I hope a total unknown wins it this year (like Morita Ayaka, maybe!) :D

Definitely wouldn't complain about Haruppi though.

19. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

You're right! Just saw this: http://www.akb48wrapup.com/2012/07/pict ... t-bracket/ Kay... my bad then; I take back what I said. :whistle:

Woohoo! Right on! Except maybe one day Haruppi will win the top rank at the Sousenkyo too. LOL. [rock] Thank gawd she is also with Team A! Otherwise IMO there is no way she would survive the HKT preliminary rounds. :^^;:

20. the_kaizar

the_kaizar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tashimatenchou
    that's right that this event make all of 48 member have a chance to be a center ignoring about their potential or not. But if i recall, so much people judge the last janken taika contain script in. hahaha