Single AKB48 36th [Labrador Retriever] 14/05/21

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Yeah we can ride the it's all rigged! train and feel good about ourselves.
    Or we can accept the fact that the package AKB48 offered could not compete on a national level this time.

2. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I didn't say AKB was better but surely there are other artists than EXILE and AKB. The data speaks for itself.

3. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    All those artists you listed like Ayumi Hamasaki or Namie Amuro or trf actually made quality music and deserve credit for it.
    What about those years you left out? They don't fit into your picture?
    If AKB48 had won everyone would say it was rigged too. People are quick to claim everything is rigged and biased. But without evidence it's just really tiresome to read it again and again.

the announcement

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  4. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I dont think LB would win anyway but they shouldve ein last year

5. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    J soul brother is much relevant than AKB this year. Not even surprised. They are growing fans so much this year.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    The song choice alone already decided it.

7. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

Rerigo should have won))

8. figulou

figulou Kenkyuusei

I'm so happy exile tribe won♥ ,i hope akb48 win with a better song.

9. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    To be serious. Are AKB alone in the school girls class or are there more groups there? For me it's a bit hard to see girls in upper teens and above dressed like school girls or even younger. In LR it's definitely kindergarten age. I know japanese like school girls but maybe it could be enough at last. Aki-p hasn't changed style for the last 9 years, with some exceptions. Heavy rotation for example. 112 million views on YouTube.

10. うぃむ33

うぃむ33 Kenkyuusei

J soul bros deserved the award this year, LR was not a good enough song and wasn't recognized enough in the general public to win. The problem isn't this year, but last year. AKB definitely should have won last year.

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

More relevant lol, I watched their performance and couldn't stop laughing, they should have called themselves N'Sync Soul Brothers or something. They reminded me of Party Posse, the boyband from the Simpson's that Bart, Milhouse, Ralph and Nelson formed...Yvan Eht Nioj, Yvan Eht Nioj :lol:

Still, I guess if you like boybands with a mild EDM back track...but Labrador Retriever is miles better, a classy upbeat french-pop inspired song with a live backing band. The only pity about the performance is that it didn't have a full orchestra, Labureti is a song that deserves a full string section to give it a huge sound.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I'm not surprised that JSB won, but I predicted they would win right before. EXILE-derived, right?

But, yeah, too much Avex dominance - even though I have to admit I'm an Ayu fan... Come on, RIAJ - can you just give us a break from Avex domination? I know in 2007 Kobukuro won, they were from Warner...

Anyways, I did fear that team EXILE is the one to beat. I think now AKB48 has rivalries not only in Johnny's and Nogizaka46, but also EXILE... They're becoming a bit too dangerous... In fact, JSB's new album is going to come out a week AFTER AKB48's...

13. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    To me this award is irrelevant since KFC didn't win last year and was our biggest hit, anyway I think no one can be surprised by the victory of Ryusei, totally deserved, also this year Nogizaka it should be nominated instead akb

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Why?

15. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    You folks are aware these types of awards are just for industry execs to stroke there own egos, right? They have little, if anything, to do with what is popular, relevant, or deserved.

16. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

Labrador Retriever is a great and unique song, it would've definitely won if it wasn't for EXILE. I don't like their song, but I can see why it would win, it's just much more powerful and something that would easily appeal to a bigger, mainstream audience. I hope sometime in the future AKB48 gets to take revenge with a killer song that can't be denied.

17. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Lol... "rigged"... Don't make me laugh.

Looking back through the years, it only makes sense that Ayu, Namie, and globe win in their respective years. They were on fire at those times.

And 2005 was easily Kumi's best year in terms of music.

I think the award winners have always been quite suiting.

And look at the release years for 2011 and 2012, for AKB. You have to admit, they were VERY strong a-sides in those years.

Labrador is an adorable song.. and MSM and KNP are both fun... but Kibouteki Refrain is the only AKB a-side that really seemed to have a big wave surrounding it. This hasn't been AKB's best year for single a-sides AT ALL...so I would never have expected them to win anyway.

On a positive note, that performance was ADORABLEEEEEE. The camera crew did a pretty great job. It's rare that I notice Renacchi or Uha much more than Sayanee XD

18. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    These kinds of comments will make akb and their fan look bad. Respect the decision and the winner, please. I had to repeat this, but it is no suprised fhat people in jpop fandom generally dont like akb. Jpop fandom is not about your akb. Jsoulbrother has more relevancy this year than akb. Heck, in reality, akb doesnt even chance to win if the sales is not considered. Songs like Let it go by different version of singer has higher chance of winning. Stop behaving like a spoiled brat.

It is no surprise that avex dominates the award imo. They definitely search for talent, rather than idols. Look at the most music groups they have. They can sing live, while dancing. Dont even compare to akb. Not to mention music legends they have, though they are losing out now, but talent wise....

@ryandtw You are confused between RIAJ and JaPan Record Taishou.

19. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    Kataomoi and aozora ka are easily better than any single released by akb this year (which isn't that difficult) of course this is subjective, for example I'd nominated Katyusha instead flying get and gingham check instead manatsu in previous years

20. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Which comments would that be? The ones where people on this forum were expressing happiness for the Exile kids winning? Or the ones that questioned YOUR post?

And I would be careful about calling anybody brats. Especially when most of your posts lately have had a definite negative bias towards 48G related things.