1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 42nd [Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby] 15/12/09

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 27, 2015.

1. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    They could have just flat straight out say who the center and senbatsu are still. We all knew this was going to be Takamina's last single anyways, so what was the point in restating it? Silly management...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Bort

Bort Kenkyuusei

If the sales figures shown on Music Station last month are accurate, I believe this single would move AKB48 past B'z to become the biggest selling singles artist of all time in Japan. (It was 35.8 million for B'z and 34.0 million for AKB48, pre-Halloween Night total I assume). A nice 10th anniversary gift if it is indeed the case.

3. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

I think the only reason they didn't announce the senbatsu and center yet is because they still need to finalize some things. Would have been cooler if they announced the single during Janken or some big event like that.

4. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Urgh, frankly kinda pissed that Takamina will be in this single. This means that we would still have Takamina things in 2016/2017 when they release the next album. Was hoping that the best-off album would wrap up the Takamina era nicely but whatever, let her have her last single and make her center, it'll probably be Miichan's last chance in senbatsu anyway so let's have no3b center it.

Senbatsu prediction
    Graduated: Takamina
    A:Kojiharu, Yui, Paruru, Annin
    K: Miichan, Tomu
    B: Yukirin, Mayuyu, Yuria, Renacchi
    SKE: Jurina
    NMB: Sayanee, Miyuki
    HKT: Sasshi, Sakura

5. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

What I'm wondering about this single is if it'll be the first to feature an NGT girl other than Kitarie. Hopefully it has more than 16 members.

6. sno_rpg

sno_rpg Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    seems impossible but I want a 1st-3rd generation senbatsu. Those who still remain. But there's only 11 of them.

Also a full AKB senbatsu is quite good too. Like Sakura no Hanabiratachi 2008. But this one can be a Christmas song and a PV with Takamina leading it.

7. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I'm guessing the 10th Anniversary Album will be all about the 10 years of AKB with the 1st-3rd gen special tribute and stuff while this single will be all about Takamina so it will be a Takamina centered song with the usual senbatsu like Mae Shika Mukanee, Don't Look Back, and Maenomeri.

8. michishige

michishige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    these are obvious senbatsu members no need to predict them lmao
    i hate the idea for christmas song, it'll be awful tbh

9. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    ^urgh me too .... If you gonna make a Christmas song make it a b-side ,
    I mean we already got a certain holiday song as A-side and that's "Halloween Night"
    And how having a Takamina in this single means that we'll have a Takamina things in 2016/2017?! Really now ??? 2017? Wtf.......
    And It's not like she always centers , her last center was in 2007/2008 , and her screen time is always minimal
    Plus giving Takamina something before she graduates will make me less pissed off about her 2nd single situation right now

I know the chances are low but i want Haruppi to be in senbatsu ,
    And if NGT48 are doing handshakes for this single so it's only natural to have a NGT girl in senbatsu , probably Kitarie ,

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

How I'd love for Tomu to be in senbatsu from now on... and how much I doubt it.

The thing is, apart from Tomu, I don't see any of the other girls sitting out for this single... but there are a couple of girls who need to enter senbatsu already.

Kojimako, Juri and Nana could very well get in.

For a second SKE representant we could have Nao or Marika.

Haruppi could also be selected. I don't get the whole "Three HKT members is too much" to be honest. Like Dasu wasn't in MaeShika and Kibouteki's media senbatsu with WMatsui being there.

And KitaRie seems to be riding a new popularity wave, so I can see her in senbatsu too. I think it's too soon for any other NGT member to get into senbatsu, so they'll have to content themselves with UG (if those ever come back) for now.

So yeah, 16 member is too little but 32 is too much.
    Bring back the 21-nin senbatsu! :^^;:

11. TakaOshiMina

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Tomu is going to be in senbatsu, it's a given ,
    Management will be really stupid if they didn't include her after she made it in elections
    I'm gonna be really disappointed and angry if they don't include her

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Tell that to Umechan. :XD:

13. TakaOshiMina

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Yeah but in 2012 they wanted to push sister groups aces and they dropped several akb48 members from senbatsu for that
    Right now akb48 needs to push more akb members, if they drop an akb new gen who made it in elections senbatsu like tomu , that's straight up stupidity

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I don't know what management thought back then nor what they think now.

Tomu has been going up every year and management hasn't acknowledged that at all until last year's Kibouteki's senbatsu.
    I wouldn't be surprised if she was dropped, to be honest. Or if she entered a senbatsu-limbo like Kojimako where she comes and goes.

15. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

2017 because we don't know when the next album is coming out?

The problem is not with whether she will center or not, it's more like her presence itself is depriving the new gen girls of very important opportunities.

She already managed to drag out her graduation pity party for one entire year already. Now that she's in this single as well, she's depriving many other girls who have an active career to pursue (and with the potential to boot) from being able to appear on very important music shows that can kickstart their popularity (i.e. Tomu, Naanya, Juri etc the list goes on). Like you said, AKB needs to push more new gen members and Takamina is neither new gen nor a member anymore.

IDT it's wrong to give Takamina a graduation song and stuff but IMO her graduation stuff should have been placed in the album so that we can close the chapter and move on. Either that or she should just get her second single through her own merits.

@michishige Well my choices aren't that obvious actually cause there's also Haruppi, Kitarie, Mako, Naanya, Juri etc to consider as @Trinu pointed out. I think they might drop Yuria for Kitarie? Well IDK but the fact remains that because of Takamina, 5 of these girls won't be able to take part when they most need it!

16. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

I don't know why people are saying it's obvious for Takamina to centre - we all remember the key thing at the end of Mae Shika Mukanee, right? Because that was "obvious" for a Paruru centre, no? ;p
    (In all honesty, I do believe it'll be centered by one or all 1st gens)

So Sayaka wasn't important enough to have her song on a single? So she was less popular and important because her song was album only? I do agree the a-side probably won't be Takamina's grad song - I don't think any of them have been? You could say Mae Shika Mukanee etc were extra graduation songs, or written for someone or centered by someone because they were leaving, but they were more extras and presents, rather than the actual song itself.

It'd be no different to a bunch of other grads, so how is it an issue? And why stop using a 1st gen, ace and high ranking senbatsu member a month before she goes? Having her last stuff in an album is stupid, imo (for Sayaka, the album released after she left, but her grad was before the release, hence the difference). She might be around in the next album, in the 'best of/recap' part, rather than new stuff, probably - again, no different to other grads.

'Depriving new girls' - like that's Takamina's fault? Like really, go talk to Nyan about that - she's been ready to leave for YEARS but she's still hanging around. Or pretty much other popular member who will be graduating soon or has left within the last few years. I agree 48G needs to build nest eggs rather than focus on the old gens, but who's to say Sae won't suddenly be pushed? What about Akicha or Wasamin? I know, unlikely, but there's no guarantee they'll push an AKB girl (sister group instead), or a 'fresh' member, or even a girl who doesn't already have things like subunits/solos behind her. There's no guarantee that a push will even help those girls either, or even if they're popular in AKB, their outside career could be a major flop. Management will do as management pleases.

'get her second single through her own merits' - and how do you presume she does this? Do you think she enjoys having her fans waiting for years? For the dream she's had for so long to be dangled in front of her? Do you think she's happy that her company and management aren't doing more? Do you think she's not frustrated she can't do more to launch herself?

Sounds like you're just complaining for the sake of it, tbh. Idols and 48G don't work the way you want them to. Management is in control and things happen on their terms, their time.

17. TakaOshiMina

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Nah the next album is going to be released in November

And Oh please ! It's the management themselves who told her to announce her graduation early and a year ahead , and what kind of bs that Takamina isn't a member anymore ?!
    She didn't graduate yet so she's still a member , she sells out her handshakes and goods and promote akb new members on her TV shows and write articles about members weekly and bring benefit to the group so yes she's still a member , it's only her graduation announcement that was early

And it's only natural for her to participate in her last single like Nana and Rena
    If she had her graduation stuff in the best album people will complain that akb48 10th anniversary the best album will be centered around Takamina when it should be around the group

And what do you mean 5 girls won't be able to take part because of Takamina?? Takamina place equals 1 member not 5 plus not having her in her last single means that halloween night would be her last single and it had no graduation song for her or anything and we can't have them in the 10th anniversary album
    Management didn't give her anything yet , so I'm assuming that this single is hers and they are gonna announce her graduation concert date soon

18. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Lol might as well not talk about anything on this forum then!

It's no different technically and I don't mind her getting to center one last single and getting her graduation song but the problem is TIMING. The other graduations happened much quickly whereas she has been going on and on about her graduation for so long and I'm so sick of hearing about it. I'm 100% done with paying tribute to her by now. It would have been much more tolerable if this single came out first, sometime in mid-November and it gets included in the best of-album in December, alongside all the other material we have worshipping her.

It is actually Takamina's fault. She can chose to sit out. Like Kojiharu did. Besides, Kojiharu is arguably the only one keeping things interesting in 48 group now. Just look at Janken, she was the most interesting part of it for two years now. That is how she contributes as a senior member, by being witty and giving some of the spotlight to her juniors. If she were to leave, AKB would suffer a huge loss as there is no one can make things different and exciting like she does. The most interesting thing Takamina has done in the past year is probably the Mechaike special but that isn't even her doing, it was the show producers who gave her that role. If Takamina could keep things exciting like Kojiharu then there wouldn't be much reason to complain about her presence but the fact remains that she has been doing nothing significant in recent years and has just been taking up space for the longest time already.

And yes she can get her second single by working on her singing and pitching ideas to Aki-P so that they can produce something workable. As opposed to being some kind of mother hen that's not really needed anymore in AKB.

• Like Like x 1
  19. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

At this point I don't even get mad anymore when reading comments like this. It just makes me sad. Either the writer has very little knowledge of AKB (what seems unlikely given the forum registration date) or he/she is just writing out of spite.

"The problem is not with whether she will center or not, it's more like her presence itself is depriving the new gen girls of very important opportunities. " (@mysoshipinups)
    Exactly because a member that is still in full functions should stop doing AKB related work (that it would affect the group itself - this logic is beyond me) just because she is leaving the group a bit after.
    Exactly one of the things that will draw the center of attention towards the group, bringing more attention to the whole group in those same shows, should be prevented from being on TV. This marketing strategy is totally new to me.

"She already managed to drag out her graduation pity party for one entire year already." (@mysoshipinups)
    Here is the more obvious example of spite. If the previous could be due to just strange new ideas about marketing, this is just malice.
    Let's put things right:
    1 - Minami wanted to leave the group on it's 10th anniversary (or close to that).
    2 - It was Aki-P who requested Minami to announce her graduation in last year's anniversary (one whole year before).
    3 - The reasoning behind Aki-P request was more than explained, already at the time of her announcement and throughout the year.

"Now that she's in this single as well, she's depriving many other girls who have an active career to pursue (and with the potential to boot) from being able to appear on very important music shows that can kickstart their popularity (i.e. Tomu, Naanya, Juri etc the list goes on)." (@mysoshipinups)

This is really interesting. It seems that according to the user, Minami alone is able to stop a whole new generation from appearing in TV shows. That's just impressive. Or maybe I just got the idea wrong and the premise is that every "senbatsu" member should avoid appearing in Music Shows to give opportunities to new, less known, members. Is that it? Again, a innovative marketing strategy. I don't see a great future for that strategy, but, who knows...

Also, last week I saw AKB singing Ponytail to Shushu, koisuru fortune cookie and another song (don't remember which). Can someone explain me which position Yuko or Maeda are "stealing" from the "new generation"? Because I always thought that even if a member gets the center position for a song, after they leave the group, a new member would get that position. You know, someone like Tomu, Naanya, Juri, etc (the list goes on). According to this new theory, it seems that this is not the case.

What exactly "...nor a member anymore." means? I still don't know Minami's graduation date. Does anybody have more information about the date?

"Either that or she should just get her second single through her own merits." (@mysoshipinups)

Ehh. Someone should keep their malice under control. You do know that Minami has been, for a very long time, almost since the very beginning, one of the most important voices in the group right? Putting personal preferences aside, I'm rather confident that most fans would agree that hers is the most recognizable voice in the group (I'm not saying it's the better voice, so, don't go there).

It's rather impressive that someone still believes that it's better or right (from a business or ethics point of view) to keep a member that got 4th position in the election out of TV appearances to give space to members that probably didn't even got half of her votes, some, not even one fourth.

We had the case of some new members that instead of waiting for their "senpais" to leave decided that it needed to be them who should, by their effort, overtake their "senpais". I would recommend the great members that are usually talked about, to follow them and instead of waiting to go up by the natural graduation of their "senpais" to, following the great "Mariko-sama" words, actually take the "fight" to them. In reality, the group will only survive and grow if the younger members can surpass their "senpais". Waiting for graduations will leave to a decrease in "quality" and to the destruction of the group.

After reading a response from (@mysoshipinups) to another user I completely got the idea that the user just wants to cause confusing. For that reason I won't reply anymore to anything that he/she says regarding this subject. I would request other members to do the same, at least in this thread, to avoid turning this into another Minami hate battle (unfortunately, there have been to many lately).

20. mincl17

mincl17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Nyannyan makes things more exciting in AKB than Takamina?LOL "Exciting" and "Nyannyan" are not usually used in the same sentence.

How can her presence deprive those girls? If you're aware, she's been actively helping in promoting those girls. It was her who promoted Tomu's name way back before Tomu joined Team A during an interview. It was her who posts nice things/pics about those younger gen in her 755 and twitter. It was her, who is the more popular senior member who goes with them on interviewers and states positives things about them. Girls like Naanya, Juri, and Yuria are promoted with her help. Being recognize by a senior or more popular member helps them gain attention.