1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (17/06/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

No, it's sasshi who is saying that, not Aki-p
    You can see by the rest of her tweets as well, or the reaction on 2ch.

She also confirmed there will be no fans.

what a shitshow...

2. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

This whole ssk has been popcorn central.

I'm shoving more of it into my face as we speak.

Keep up the shenanigans, AKBG.

3. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Kobe could have been their Plan B tbh. There might be no excitement when the SSK is viewed in pubs all over Japan now.

4. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

BNK48: Miori, Satchan, Kaew.

5. tix28

tix28 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    what time are they going to announce the voting results?

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    NMB48: Murase Sae (blog post: http://wear.jp/murasesae/10217759/)

7. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

NMB48: Shiroma Miru went on a selfie spree on the plane, looked like she flew there alone.

8. messhi

messhi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Somebody has to be responsible with all this mess,, i want see harakiri live [hehe]

9. NanaHoshii

NanaHoshii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    habumizuho
    :fp: That's the first time I want SSK to be over as fast as possible. The girls aren't even in the same place! Can't they even regroup the girls? it'll be a mess with the cameras. Poor fans, poor girls.

10. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
  11. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    the best way to make it up to the fans is at least 2 original stages by the end of this year lol

12. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    A bunch of Team S-Members should be there too, I saw some Instagram-Posts and Chikako and Aiai seemed to be doing their showroom from a shared hotel-room

13. AdrianEHS

AdrianEHS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    Will be interesting seeing the impact of this cancellation on future singles release, specially voting single next year.

If management dont do anything to make right for the fans i think voting singles will finally take nose dive next year

14. ダイヤモンドCosMos

ダイヤモンドCosMos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    What I find odd is that they do not have solid plan B, atleast that we know of yet anyway

15. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Have to agree with this. When I checked the weather earlier this week, there was nothing but rain forecasted (and not just the election Saturday), and as expected, the event gets cancelled, and I have to wonder - what were their minds thinking here!?!?!?

Honestly, this is what I have to say on my ryandtw_jpop Twitter:

Next time, the management should think again when considering about planning such an event because Okinawa is pretty much a no-go in June... (Nevertheless, I hope someone else other than Sasshi wins the election!)

Personally, I'd rather be at Le Mans, where it's a stark contrast to Okinawa - NO RAIN is expected there throughout the weekend - and I hope Toyota wins Le Mans for the first time!!! Going on vacation to Cancun, Mexico though next week, and unfortunately, rain/thunderstorms are expected... (>_<)

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I was thinking about this. I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped it next year.
    This fiasco would be the perfect excuse not to do a SSK without big names like Sasshi and Mayu while they keep grooming Jurina and Sakura to the GP.

I feel so bad for every part involved.
    The idea of using AKB to reinvigorate the economy of a region is nice and all, but I feel this wasn't planned properly.
    This is not a concert part of a tour where mostly locals attend. This is the freaking SSK where people from all around Japan and even overseas go over for.
    I can see many wotas spending the weekend in their hotel room thinking about how much money they spent to go support their oshi and not even getting a glimpse of her.

17. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

All of Japan is in the rainy season now. An indoor concert should be the norm, as it honestly should be for any big event - yes, the drama is fun, but it's also an unnecessary pain in the butt. It hurts managements reputation because it was just plain stupid, members are upset, fans are annoyed, and clearly, if fans are throwing tea, the locals and tourism sector in Okinawa aren't going to be happy either.

The unpredictable nature of the weather + the lack of big names is what made me opt out of going this year. Also, it's pretty expensive and I'd need to take a few days off work (I'm not travelling just for a one day event!). Anywhere else I can go by bus, but Okinawa is really too far and inconvenient.

I think sousenkyo could still be interesting without fans, but it will have a very different atmosphere. Providing on the speeches and camera work, we could get some nice drama filled shots. It could also be as interesting as watching paint dry. The fact that not all members will be in the one place is bizarre tho.

We'll still have an election next year. It's the group's biggest money maker, the easiest way to get in the news and can help the public recognise new faces if they see news snippets or are channel surfing. There's a lot of benefits to it. But maybe, it'll be thought out a little differently... It was badly planned (actually, the plan was mostly fine, but the risk was too large and they lost their bet). I wonder how many girls were planning on this election being their last, or announcing graduation or something here. It certainly won't have the same effect now!

I was at work all day and on my way home to buy dinner and snacks. Of course, Family Mart has the uchiwa promotion right now. I got Mayuyu's, in prep for tomorrow... Guess I bought all that chocolate for nothing! haha

18. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

You sure want to collect it all?:shifty:
    -The top 16 from JKT48 senbatsu member, from their own SSK this year. They have scheduled to film their MV there as well.
    -SKE48: Kamata Natsuki, Fukushi Nao, Saito Makiko, Takagi Yumana,
    -NMB48: Kato Yuuka,
    NB: Expect more. Also check today showroom for they who stream from their hotel room.

19. tomaranai

tomaranai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    OTOH, the SSK this year is totally funded by the Okinawa Prefectural Gov't; anyone'd go for that if they were the management. Nevertheless they could have done an indoor event in Okinawa. Plus they really should do a substitute concert this year. BTW, it might also be the Okinawa gov't's idea to announce the cancellation so late; otherwise people wouldn't be going there & not contributing to the economy. But at least I get to see Haruna?

20. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Shiho
    Honestly, if no fans are able to attend, I hope that they at least have a big screen in there where they can show reactions by fans who are attending public viewings or stuff like that because I can only imagine that holding speeches, announcing graduation and so on won't be very satisfying without at least some kind of reaction.

But I have to say, it's fascinating that they would plan an outdoor event during raining season and then when, oh no, who could have foreseen that, it does rain, they don't have a decent backup plan and rather have only one third of the members sit in an empty hall without fans while the other members don't even travel there and sit at home.