1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 49th [#SukiNanda] (2017/08/30)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 17, 2017.

1. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    They will perform next week on Music Station.

2. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    I know suki is love but what is Nanda

3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    on its own, you could say it means what (nani/nan) but first, its not written in kanji and second, in this combination it just means "i like (love) you." japanese leaves out a lot (suki nanda basically only means 'like' so from context you have to figure what it means). a full sentence would be "watashi wa anata ga suki" but for them its not necessary to elaborate this much.

(another example: 'aitakatta' means 'missed/wanted to see' but from context it can be figured it means 'i missed you/i wanted to see you')

4. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Actually you're wrong - it has nothing to do with 何 "what". It is なのだ, the nounification. If I were to translate it more literally to English, it is more like "It is that I like you".

5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I think you have a typo; the wiki says 好きなんだ. There is no の.

6. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    My Japanese is weak but I believe 'nanda' is the short form of 'na no da'
    Just like 'no da' or 'no desu' or 'na no desu' is contracted to 'nda' or 'ndesu' or 'nandesu', respectively. So, it is basically the same.

EDIT: Is 'Nanda' really has literal meaning? I thought it's just sort of meaningless informal accent?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  7. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Well from what I learnt "---n da" / "---n desu" are casual language (the "n" makes it a little more casual than "sukida" / "sukidesu", and the added "na" is just Japanese grammar's modification), and they usually indicate some kind of explanation. Normally, I use them like this:

1. Sukinanda ga, ... (I like you but ... - "I like you" is like a context for the 2nd clause)

2. Q: ...
    A: ... Sukinanda. (Because I like you so ... - "nda" is used to explain in a casual setting, usually to answer a question)

So after reading the lyrics, imo sukinanda here is used the 2nd way. Just my 2-cent ~~

Edit: There are times when "n" is simply the way of saying of a dialect, ie. Nagoya people use "n" a lot but since this is AKB it is safe to say "n" means the basic usage taught in textbooks.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  8. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

No that was what I meant; なんだ is casual for なのだ, as RedBug pointed out. But enough of going into the language... I don't think there's any deeper meaning to explore with this; it is what it is.

9. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  10. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thanks for correcting me haha

11. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    This isn't directed specifically "At You" Trinu (so you know) but You've asked the simplest question of all & the answer looks kinda grim from my perspective...
    Isn't it weird. Seriously I've been Following AKB48 since Spring 2012 & this is SOOO low-key. Either they got so much money & don't need to promote much anymore OR maybe the industry is so saturated w/ AKS Idol groups they need to pick their battles? Maybe TV & the Industry isn't as into AKB anymore?

I am totally at a lose for why AKS is not more HYPED. It's 10 days till your single drops - that's less than 2 weeks. They were pushing "Halloween Night" in late July- so much so I had already seen like 5-6 different versions (Senbatsus + Centers) before it released - Then there were like 4-5 different TV lives & multiple versions of the Video (staff version, SNH ver, Team 8 Ver. Fan vers. International Cosplay Ver.) and Now ZERO Hype?? How did we get here?

Is it lack of Money for promotions? Are the Star Senbatsu faces (Sasshi, Mayu, Jurina, ect) tired, busy, sitting on a bench? I know this sounds negative but it's heart breaking to see the Younger Idols Bust their asses on ShowRoom & get 'peanuts'. Why can't Under-Girls or Next Girls go out & promote their songs even if it's only 1/2 of them - show some excitement.

In 2012 Paruru was essentially a "nobody" (compared to Yuko, Itano, Mayu, ect) & they had her & AKB on tons of TV shows & Specials (and It worked)- Just pick ANY Idol & light the fire- get people excited for New AKB faces, how hard is this? 2012 they had 3 Sister groups (HKT hadn't released a single yet) & where EVERYWHERE on TV...now, the have twice as many & 75% LESS coverage & Hype. SONY & AKS actively go out of their way to KILL fan-subs on YouTube.

You can't keep the lights on w/ "Hand shakes" alone. Remember all the endorsements & TV ads AKB people used to do?? What happened to all the attention AKB used to get? Why aren't they TRYING to get it back? You have "Foreign Language" musical acts selling over 200,000 copies of a debut album this past Summer- It's NOT that Japan is tired of Idols.

If the Sales are Solid after ALL this 'Summer Slumber' - Good for AKB & AKI-P but if not - it's TIME to Worry. Something is wrong in the "Structure" of AKB on a managerial level. You can't blame the Idols.

12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Is the apparent lack of promotion maybe tied in with some of the senbatsu members (e.g. Jurina, Sakura, Mirurun, Yuihan) being busy with preparing for the WIP Climax wrestling event?

13. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    ALL the More reason to showcase the "Second String" get the Theater girls off the bench!- seriously when Paruru suddenly was hospitalized w/ breathing issues, They have Juri, Haruppi, (Others) fill her spot. I saw KojiHaru (who wasn't even in the election that year) CENTER for "Halloween Night" at a festival appearance & it was a Nice Switch.

The WIP thing is a "commitment" (I Get that) but IDOL Singles are your Job- No one else can substitute?? NMB, SKE, HKT handle their stuff - why is AKB (the Flagship?) such a NON-Concern?

ALL this "Scaling back" of resources & trimming the costs are things you do when you're "Hurting financially" or you're getting ready to make "Cuts"- I think there is something Seriously wrong w/ the Organization- Take the Music out of the equation...The choices being made are LAZY. AKB was scrappier than this in 2010 - It's like they're giving up.

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I wonder if they're trying to see what the bottom line of their sales is or something?
    Or maybe they're planning on doing a string of pertformances AFTER the release itself so peoiple warm up to the song and the sales stay a bit more consistent than usual?

Nine days until the release and not even a performance is weird though.
    But I don't like the other extreme either. When we get the song performed on Ongaku no Hi I'm bored of it by the time it's released lol

Ohwell, not that I'm excited of seeing those outfits again.

15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I have to admit I haven't been following singles pre-release for very long (in fact I believe Negaigoto no Mochigusare was the first where I actively sought out performances etc before the actual release date). I also don't follow many other Asian idol groups at all, so what I'm about to say may be complete BS but yeah.

I do follow a few western girl groups however (naming them would be unnecessary, I believe) and AKB48 is still doing a lot more promo than them. Just two days ago one of the girl groups I like released a new song via iTunes. There's no music video yet, there's no live performances (the band members are in fact currently on holiday), there's no radio promo tour or anything.

So I'm personally quite happy with what I've got with Suki Nanda so far - there's at least a music video :^^;: And they've talked about it on ANN. Maybe since it's a SSK single they really just expect word to spread around by itself. We'll see where it gets them :|

16. MyaoOshi1

MyaoOshi1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    I feel like they haven't performed it yet, because they're probably thinking that it might, not only raise (maybe) the sales, but also possibly, might hype up the first performance so that the hashtag could go viral. Idk, just a thought

17. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Well, first opportunity is coming this Friday...

18. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    All valid & possible Theories but when they've broken w/ Tradition (or what was "Standard") ALL Summer long - this isn't accidental. Someone is making these decisions and I HIGHLY Doubt it's the Idols.

I admire your optimism. The Showroom song seems to be a more "Marketable" & Cross-Promotional Prop for AKB...this HashTag thing is too simple. It's a Smiley Face sticker or an Emoji - You wouldn't base your whole songs "gimmick" (or theme?) on something as nebulas as a #HashTag would you?

IN AKB's defense it's highly probable that the Senbatsu contains so many Sister-Girls that getting them all together to Practice & Perform this single must be more difficult that Anticipated? Maybe they just don't like the Senbatsu (Management) & being so Low-Key & passive because "it's NOT what they wanted to promote"?

We'll see I suppose

19. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

^Why would it be hard to gather sister group members? Sasshi, Jurina, Sakura, semi-Dasu, Kitarie, semi-Mirurun, and semi-Nao are with AKB all the time. As for others, I'm pretty sure they would DIE to be with AKB and it's a great opportunity after ranking in Senbatsu so I don't see why they won't come to Tokyo (or where ever )

20. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Aki-P is busy with his separate projects (The Last Idol, $4.5). If not, he will focus on his beloved K46. AKS is busy w/ the Wrestling stuffs. No one cares about a single that supposes to sell a million copies even w/o promotion. And yes, maybe they do not like this senbatsu...