1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 49th [#SukiNanda] (2017/08/30)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

ˆTrue, and that performance was sooooo weak!
    Now I know why mngmnt doesn't promote unranked girls

2. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I really like how 1:53 Macharin finds the camera

3. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    @Trinu, I'm quite surprised that there are eitos you don't know. Especially this group. Unless you meant Hinana and Team 8's manager.

4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Guess I'm the minority as I can recognize all of them with or without name tags

5. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    I was quite surprised cause there were some people who knew all the eitos :hehe: Really. You guys are really great.

6. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    I learned all of them in a couple of days with just two or three theatre performances and Stage's wiki. And I'm not even that smart.

What surprises me is that after more than three years most people can only name two or three of them. "They're too many", "They don't have many things I can watch". When they have their own TV shows, they have their own concerts, their own tour, they do regular performances throughout the country with thousands of HD photos and videos, they're the team that performs more often at the theatre after the kenkyuusei, they do the most SR streams, they now do Instagram Lives too; and all of this with all of their members, not just the ones you can see on AKBINGO! Meanwhile, a "few" people that don't know them learn all AKBs, all sister group members, those groups' kenkyuusei, all the 31 STUs, and even the Sakamichis. I mean, c'mon, I can accept that one doesn't care or want to care; they can do, learn and watch whatever they want, but it's not exactly an impossible mission.

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Actually, the ones that threw me off were Macharin and Erii. :XD:
    I more or less know the Eitos.

Surprised at Kayoyon and Hinana getting *something*, but since Sayaya and Moe are well up in management's list of girls to favour, they probably felt they needed to throw a bone to the other two remaining D1.
    Really, all they've done in AKB is bsides with their teams, while the other two have had plenty of opportunities. :(

And it angers me seeing Kurano being basically the second coming of Yuko and management giving her the short end of the stick. :asdfgh:

8. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Sometimes I really suspect if people talk about certain teams and compare them without even recognizing who the members are lol

I mean in that video, I'd give Gyouten Yurina if you don't know her...But the others?? You guys watch Bingo right lol?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  9. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    So you can call me stupid cause I definitely couldnt do it in a couple of days, I'm sure about that :)
    I know a few of them and honestly I couldnt get into eitos, I honestly cant. But I cant dislike them either actually, since they're also 48G. I just cant get into them that much, also STU and all sisters group. Only a few of them that I follow their activities and stuffs.
    So thats why I said that you guys are really great.

10. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I'm one of those few that just can't remember T8 members while knowing most Sakamichi and 48G members. Sure, I can recognize 2/3 of the names but if you tell me to match it with their faces, I would only be able to identify 1/3 of it. This is because half of 8 are not even promoted and I don't go out my way to watch their shows, performances, and photos. However, with the other groups (Sakamichi in particular), they promote as a whole. Even if they don't, I still see videos of them on various sites and fan pages in which some capture my attention like Ijiri Anna with her pole dance clip.

11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    It's almost like you're saying that we're great for having a taste that you don't. :lol:

With this I cannot agree. Almost all of them had their "15 minutes" of fame in Bunbun! Eito, which is quite something when you have almost 50 members with just 10 episodes. On their other shows, like Anroke, you can see most of the members, even the not so popular ones. For their live performances throughout the country they have a lot of different combos; sometimes you only have a few that are part of the pushed group. But that's something you wouldn't know if you "don't go out my [your] way to watch their shows, performances, and photos". Of course some of them have (a lot) more push than others, but that's true for every group/team.

You can see Team 8 in various sites, they have their own fan pages, they have a lot of posts on Twitter, you have many threads about them on 2ch. The thing is: do you care? Probably not, and you have the right to not care; but they're not that different from the rest. The major difference is that they don't have singles nor go to TV shows as a group.

http://www.team8memory.com
    http://www.giogio48.com
    http://ngt48matome2ch.net
    https://twitter.com/Team8Lounge
    https://stana47.blogspot.com
    https://twitter.com/stana47

I don't even know what pole dance video you're talking ab... Oh wait, I do. :XD: B-But that's not the point! My point is that while for you those moments are part of your daily life, for others it can be eito's. I'm sure that there are a lot of things that you know about other groups that I or other people don't know or care about, the same way you look at "ours". Each person has its own AKB experience.

But this is off-topic and @Cristafari is probably pissed off already, so I won't bother you with this subject from now on.

12. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

~Last post on this topic unless we carry it to AKB general~
    The problem is that a lot of 8 members don't promote with the other AKB girls. They have their own shows and etc. and I honestly wouldn't, again, check them out especially since I don't have anyone I'm interested in. [font size=2]Used to be Ikumin but she's now casted aside and there isn't really anyone else.[/font] However, with a show like AKBingo where various members appear, you can't help but to also watch the other girls from other teams/groups. You are more likely to follow members from other teams/groups if they capture you than a show that targets a certain audience. Like you said, they don't have singles either so it's hard to get to know everyone unlike actual groups.

By fan pages and sites, I meant blogs and accounts like on Instagram that are generally 48/46 based and not 8 only. They do post some 8 stuff but it's mainly the more popular members, which again, doesn't make me know the other "hidden" members.
    ---
    Tying to the actual purpose of this thread, I wish they would perform the full version of the song more often. I'm genuinely interested in hearing the solo lines because it's rare to not have the center sing solo lines only and to hear the 2nd and 3rd members sing it too :^^;:

13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Do they really though? Like with Keyaki you have the division between Kanji and Hiragana which is basically like the Boyars and Serfs. With Nogizaka variety tv, when it was just 1st and 2nd gen, the first gen were super-promoted and the 2nd gen were like 2nd class citizens, they seemed to learn their lesson a bit by promoting 3rd gen a bit better at least.

14. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    I assume you can name all NGT members They are well introducted on Niigata Friends. They often perform together in most of NGT events. They are very active on SNS and have a great bond. They have non-overlapping personalities, with dedicated symbols for each member. They have been in the group for 2 years, and have gotten an original stage after years...

Just joking. I am not surprised if you do not know much about NGT, like I do not know half of team 8. 48 world is too big; fans just study the girls selectively based on their preferences. Hence, it is not strange if someone do not know a member, even a quite popular one :)

15. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    No, I didnt mean that way. I mean, eventho I really like AKB (A,K,B,4) still, there are few members that I dont really know about them. I recognize their face but sometimes I forget their name and stuff like that. It aint that I dislike them, but I just couldnt get into them that much.
    You guys are great for knowing and remembering all that members. Eventho team 8 is part of AKB48, but I consider them as a separated group actually. To be able knowing all members in one group is something great, I think. I'm the one who couldnt do it well.

Taste is subjective, and I think we cant judge other people taste since it cant be right or wrong. So I didnt mean anything related to taste on my earlier post. I'm sorry for making you a bit confused about it, my friend.

16. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    AKBINGO is doing its job well, sparking interests and discussions on underdog (or young) members of AKB48.

Now, can we discuss on whether they'll bring #Sukinanda or Negaigoto no Mochigusare to this year's Record Award? Certainly not Shoot Sign, right?

Also what factor makes a song successful and widely known? Like Ponyshu, Flying Get, Hebirote, KFC?
    This song has similar vibes, but somehow lacks something to be one.

17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    of course Negaigoto! This song popular! 5mln for 11min MV it's A LOT! also N-Con 2017 song.Grad songs never be very popular and don't have many PR times

18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Yes...

Since ever, and I've never even watched Niigata Friends. It's quite easy to be honest.

And that's not what I was saying:

"I can accept that one doesn't care or want to care; they can do, learn and watch whatever they want",

"do you care? Probably not, and you have the right to not care"

I just don't agree with some of the excuses given by a "few" people — and I'm not even talking about you (plural) — like "They're too many" or "they don't have a lot of things that I can watch to get to know them" or even "They only push a few" when, at the same time, they learn about dozens and dozens of girls from AKB, other groups and even kenkyuusei. If one wants to know more about them he can easily do it, they're not so different from the rest.

It's always the one that sells the most when you don't have any song like 365. But whatever song they chose it's not going to win.

19. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    This is getting pretty OT, but I think Team 8 just isn't as popular or well known amongst fans here because their progression hasn't been regularly subbed in English. A few shows here and there, but most aren't, and most people here probably don't know enough Japanese to bother watching unsubbed shows with unfamiliar faces (and wouldn't really gain much from not understanding them anyway).

Conversely, years of subbed AKBingo and other shows can make even [insert name of overrated idol] popular. Just have to accept there are many things on this forum where the fans are out of the loop.

Slightly more on topic... between this single and the 50th, it's riled up a lot of talk in Japan (again) about increasing AKB presence in AKB singles, or even an AKB-only single, and I think whatever they do in response to that, eitos will benefit.
    They've really been ramping up Team 8 exposure with their own new shows and a bigger presence on AKB shows, like they're trying to have everyone see them as full fledged AKB, not some separate group. Feels like they're in the last stages of grooming before getting a big push.

Ironically, looking at these SSK results, one of the biggest obstacles Team 8 might have is being too good a team, and having too many DDs. :^^;:

20. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I prefer #Sukinanda TBH. But seeing at what kind of award they can win (best selling physical single), NnM seems like an obvious option.

I think, it is the fact that the advertising environment is not as good as before for AKS and King's Record. Sony dominates the advertisement now with Keyaki and Nogi and NGT to some extent.

Second, Other groups also has dedicated fanbase that only vying for them. While for 48G? There are so many choices.
    If you grow tired with AKB because your kami-oshi graduate you can always "oshihened" to SG. AKB single as mothership's song that has to facilitate SGs did not help either especially for members that are not that popular/pushed. IMO people used to know more AKB member because we only have Jurina and Rena in AKB senbatsu and later SayaMilky.

Third, the song itself. Some of the releases in recent years are not that great. But one thing I like from this, AKB has the guts to try various styles of songs. While it may not turn out great, but it is a move that I appreciate from the management. Before, AKB has its own taste of songs like Ponyshu, Managu, Flying Get, Hebirote. Try to point a kind of songs from the recent years catalog.

Fourth, the income stream of AKB. This is my hypothesis, so take it with a grain of salt. I think the main stream of income for AKB is not from single sales anymore. It is more like tie-ins, paid promotion, and sponsors. The singles are the way to maintain popularity, not really expanding the fanbase. The obvious one is clearly Team 8. That is Toyota's money to have constant promotion across Japan. The not so obvious one is STU, I'm pretty sure it is the collective money from each STU prefecture to promote tourism there. Even #Sukinanda is a promotion for Okinawa prefecture (which somehow failed miserably regarding the SSK event). At least the PV is all about Okinawa.

Well, I know all eitos, but have no idea for 16th Gen, NGT (only know 3 or 4) or STU (No idea except Nana and Sasshi). So, most of the arguments above have some validity. I may already be OT now. So, the Team 8 discussion better be brought to its own thread.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017