1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 53rd [Sentimental Train] (2018/09/19)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 16, 2018.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Yes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    No, we already had TT and p48, now i want something cute and fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    TT and P48 aren’t even that ‘cool’ though, TT is more flirty whilst for PD48 Nekkoya is very cheerful cute and Peekaboo is RV weird shit. Pimp Jurina in Punchline is nice and cool but still not enough.

I want something to surpass UZA, a song with such powerful instrumentals it will blow your socks off. A song that everyone will acknowledge only Jurina with her unique fierce charisma can truly center (there are no shortage of talented girls in 48G with the image to pull off Iiwake Maybe/Sukinanda style songs).

A dark and edgy song (basically UZA 2.0) would be great but I also think a hype dance anthem that usually boy bands would do (think BTS’s Fire/Not Today, Big Bang’s Bang Bang Bang or something Exile would do) would be pretty awesome. It would be treading new grounds for 48G as well, they have already tried out so many other styles and it would be nice to add this type of song under their belt. Not to mention with international hype from PD48 and BTS being by far the biggest K-pop act around, a song in that style would be sure to bring in a lot of new international fans.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Given the short amount of time for senbatsu (especially for Jurina) to prepare for the first performance of the song , I don't think it's going to be a dance heavy song, probably another KFC 10.0.
    Of course I would love to be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. ryansetyono

ryansetyono Kenkyuusei

I think they will go with 10 nen zakura vibes

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I wouldn't call Punchline dark and cool either, though admittedly I haven't been able to watch the whole thing.

7. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Lmfao and remind people of what went down between Jurina and Sakura on SSK day?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Seems like senbatsu members did MV shooting today. Juri posted ig story with Akarin, Mion tweeted photo with Miku, and Nako posted her photo with Miku and Mion on G+.
    IMG_20180703_223703.jpg

• Informative Informative x 5
  9. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Mion x NakoMiku is so powerful

10. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Maybe the real reason J’s been completely MIA for two weeks is she’s been training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber as the song requires a super intense dance break solo.

Get ready for SSGSS Jurina

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Looks more like after studio recording or choreo lesson rather than MV shooting.

12. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    J-yonce with 15 back up dancers? I'd pay money to see that.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Punchline is campy, kind of jazzy and "danso" vibe. Definitely not "dark".

Question: Was Jurina actually injured or is she exhausted from the combination of PD48 and the sousenkyo pressure? Or do we not know?

14. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Probably both learning and MV shooting. Some of the senbatsu (all?) were going to undisclosed location (not in Kanto since they were riding shinkansen) on July 1st and just got back yesterday. I don't think you need to go somewhere far just to take a choreo lesson. Looking at some pictures, there might actually be a good amount of dance (not KFC) in it.... hopefully.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

Jurina <3
    That girl has been overworking since 2008 =]
    She is resting cause she knows she will be even busier for the next few months, PD48, promoting AKB A-side as center + what will come with her visibility increase from SSK victory....

---
    Regarding the single, hopefully it will be something opposite to UZA hahaha (= something cute, beach-y, chilled)

• Like Like x 4
  16. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    We have the winter singles for lukewarm stuff (and Sakura or Yuiyui will probably center the next single anyway). Let us have a dark twisted song that make us question our sanity.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    winter single is reserved for Erii-Miu double center hip-hop anthem

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    #SukiNanda sounded dull the first time I listen to it, but after a few listen, it became a good jam, even until now!

I hope we get another cheerful song this time! NakoMiku doing UZA-like song isn't that alluring :p

19. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    There is no official statement but I assume stress/exhaustion rather than injury. I saw her on the handshakee event the day after SSK, one of those slots that she did before the rest got cancelled. She seemed tired but not injured.

Btw, the single will be performed on Music Day on Saturday, right? Can we watch it online and does anyone know what time it will be?

20. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

It will start at 12:00 noon. It's an 11 hours show, so they will perform between 12:00~23:00 :^^;:
    Either they will give a timeline or we need to watch 48G members SNS if you don't want to sit for 11hrs. From the website, it seems that there will be several blocks based on some characteristic of the song/performer (husky voice, Johnny's, etc) and if they are performing according to it, AKB will perform on the 5th block (summer song... Flying Get... so maybe AKB will perform it and SakamichiAKB will perform their own song), and 10th block (everybody dance... KFC). Yes, just those 2 that have been listed on the site with more to come.
    http://www.ntv.co.jp/musicday/medley.html

• Informative Informative x 2