Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Not a fan of this, tbh.
    I hope it's just a one time thing because it's the 10th anniversary of the first SSK.

I can't really see many of the International SG ranking.
    It reminds me of when they invited the graduates to participate and only one ranked at 62nd.
    But I guess having more girls participating means more fans possibly voting?

Plus, if they have to buy the AKB single and get it shipped to their own countries to do the voting, that's gotta be expensive.

16 girls for every group and then 20 from 81-100.
    Google says: The 10th World Selected Election Commemorative Frame (pseudonym): 20 (81 - 100) * Newly established

2. trxsh

trxsh Member

Also Kpop idols. Wig!

Another thing I like is that they kept senbatsu at 16. Senkyo senbatsu is the only one that is of a sane size anymore, I'd rage if they tried to shove 20nin here too.

Adding an extra unit is probably necessary with all the groups around now, but 100 is a lot of names to get through. I guess they'll just quickly read out the names from 100-17, 30 seconds for each speech (that's more than enough time to say "when it got to *x rank* I thought for sure I wouldn't rank! Honto ni arigatou gozaimasu!") - thats already ~45 minutes without taking into account all the theatrics of walking and sobbing on stage. And theyre not going to actually give them 30 seconds each, that was a joke. It'll be a long show!

/edit: new friend here who accidentally posted in the wrong thread:

That's great to hear! The shipping costs must factor in too though, no?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Meh I don't like this new rule at all. Even if those international SG girls rank high, it's useless since we don't see them again for at least another year anyway since they won't be pushed in Japan. They are just wasting spots.

5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    But they added 20 slots. Do you really think more than 20 international SG members will rank? I don't see wasted slots.

6. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Don't worry, NGT won't allow any foreign member ranking.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    World senbatsu. So will they also promote overseas?

If so, then I have no complain.

8. trxsh

trxsh Member

6 TPE48 girls were on the single that was just released. They performed together with all the foreign sisters on an NHK program last year. There was talk about how TPE and some MNL members would be trained in Japan too, though I'm not sure if anything is still coming from that. It's not like it's drastic changes or anything, but a few things point to them trying to keep the int'l groups a bit closer (maybe to prevent any more rogue sister groups?)

9. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Oh right, they did that...this is a valid point actually. I dislike this idea less now but still think it's unnecessary unless they seriously intend to expand internationally now. The Japanese wotas (and I don't either) won't care about the International SG girls no matter how high they rank.

10. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

For any overseas group member to rank in, I think it will depend on the voting method. If it is similar to last year SSK, then the possibility is very small for overseas member to rank. But if they have other voting method that is more friendly to overseas group fans then some might rank. Also pricing is definitely an important factor. Even if fans from respective country can easily buy the votes, but if it is priced as the Japanese one, I think it will still be hard for them to rank.
    I'm guessing we will probably at best see 1 or 2 surprises from it and it will probably be mid to low rank.

11. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

So Rikahime and Renacchi gonna make it to senbatsu then? Can't say I'm excited about AKB turning into a charity.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    lol out of the foreign sister groups, JKT has the best chance of ranking... if they expand the ranks to 200...

they should let the sakamichi series to join. more dramas & less predictable.

13. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    You guys underestimate the nationalism of southeast Asians. They will make sure that their girls will rank in this popularity contest. Question is how far they are willing to go.

14. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Sakamichi would easily dominate the rankings at the moment. Less girls and much more popularity among the general public.

15. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    If they concentrate on one member only, then it might work. If not, then it's like the situation of Team 8 again.

16. mistertaxi07

mistertaxi07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    MNL48 management announced last Saturday that 7 girls from MNL48 will be going to Japan to train under AKS.

17. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I doubt it'll no more be named AKB single. I can imagine Maiyan takes the crown easily. Lol

For the world senbatsu idea, I hate it. Overseas SG members didn't even speaking in Japanese (exp Ayana and some members who are studying Japanese), so how can you hope them to sing Japanese song? Lol

18. ant

ant Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ant38g
    i think you'll be able to sing fine lmao

19. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Pretty sure Jakartans will consider to push for Ayana/Yuvia to rank. And Cherprang from BNK.
    Btw, how much part do you think non frontliners will get :^^;: I don't think not speaking Japanese is a problem.

20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That didn't stop Melody from co-centering New Ship.