Single AKB48 56th [Sustainable] (2019/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    Finally AKB management is learning from its past mistakes. Finally we have a center who can actually really sing her parts well and has the gui gui personally that AKB was built upon. I love Yui Yui and Naachan but while the first can't properly sing lead notes the second is too big of a personilty within the group to relly on her solely. Too much emphasis on an already popular member will only create a second Techi or Jurina or even Aachan to begin with. Also past centers who could not sing well like Paruru and Mion I believe were mistakes. Paruru definitely deserved to make senbatsu though for her charm and popularity and Mion too for the same sets of skills. But center I believe was not a great choice imo

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    As much as I want to ignore it, there's something about Moeka being center that is hard for me to accept/understand, and I don't care if you like the love ban rule or not, if you're Japanese or from Indonesia, I don't care. But what I do care about is this: AKS went through the biggest pinch of their history. I'm sorry, did I say went? No, they're still pretty much in it, and it's not getting any better. They have the media against them, many fans against them, and people that want to destroy them. They had to fire a lot of people, they had to lie so much. All of this because of members getting involved with fans in a... not very proper way. So what have they done? They release a single of their biggest group with Moeka as the A-side's center. Yeah.

What message are they passing to the other members and their fans? Brilliant, right?

I wonder why the 48 Group is in deep shit!

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    People being upset about Moeka centering while Yukirin has been chilling at first row for how long now? No one that is normal cares about these "scandals" and neither should you.
    When was the last time someone got publicly shamed and punished for dating anyway?
    I'm sure the general public could give less f*cks about her dating, especially when AKS have way more serious issues going on right now.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    If I were in AKS's mangement position right now, I honestly wouldn't care much about the people who left more than trying to appease the ones that still have interest. I believe picking Moeka right after her so called teeny weeny scandal is actually the best decision they have taken in years. Its like a straight message to the antis that we don't care what you think , you ain't caring about our success anyways. She can sing well for the lead parts, Communicate in a variety of ways at such a young age, understands what she wants and what not. She is basically the center AKB hasn't had since the golden era. if there is anyone who can challenge her position I believe its yoko yui from team 8 but alas she is caught up with lack of confidence and hence management push. Yes Moeka had a little scandal with a guy but I believe we are finally over those days where such trivial personal decisions actually mattered with one's fate in the group. Kpop has already accepted dating and , after what sasshi pulled off I can only say it really looks positive for Jpop today.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@Aka

Even though I don't agree, but I can see your point of view. However, I wouldn't compare Moeka to NGT girls... The men involved in NGT's case are like thugs. The boy with Moeka is just a high school guy, a teen. it didn't hurt anyone but herself, and all the photos being exposed by classmates put her in a pitiful position tbh. I think it's unfair to compare it to a situation like NGT. Now if people are mad at Moeka, I don't blame them, it's their opinion, their rights. I personally don't feel that way though, obviously.

I think management looked at other things to pick Moeka as the center. One of them is probably the fact that people love talking about Moeka in good or bad, and that's kinda what AKB needs now. Think of girls like Acchan or Techi who keep making everyone talk. It's like starting a fire or something LOL it's ideal to revive interest. of course Moeka is not on that level but she brings those type of mixed reaction too, with lots of interest, and surprisingly positive reactions from non-fans (I explained it in her thread).

For the way the public think of AKB right now, I have things to say for this too but it's long and I will try to post it later on the AKB general thread. But in short; I don't think AKB is in bad position, I will explain better on the general thread when I can :chuffed:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    @lamoodoley, @Mana

And why is AKS having those serious issues? What caused Mahohon's attack? Where did all those NGT amazing results come from? Who is Inapooh? And yet, here we are, with AKS telling their other members and their fans that it's still fine. "Oh, but Moeka isn't dating a fan, it's different". Sure, but other members might think that if it's fine for her to do that, if she can still become center so easily after all of this, then dating is fine and so is fine to do with not only with schoolmates but with other inapoohs. You see, this is not against Moeka, but couldn't they just wait? Was this really necessary right now? What I don't like is the message, it's AKS not being smart again and again and again.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Eh, I think Moeka is a good choice. Subversive from what is expected, a lovable personality, deemed innocent from the scandal and still her presence is fresh on people's minds, a fresh presence overall, cute, talented, good seller... I say give her a shot. No dating scandal can be any worse than what has NGT done of themselves anyway. Giving Jurina or Naachan or Miion or Yuiyui another center because it would be safe after what the group has gone through would be time wasted for exploring front line candidates for the future.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    I think AKS's way of picking this center was quite self explanatory,

YuiYui Lack of Lead singing skills and being too orthodox in many ways being better suited for sub center position >Lack of confidence in fans for her to lead the group and people questioning in AKB's performance skills while comparing with the golden gen > Search for someone who is both gui gui and can sing well enough for people to accept her as a singer as well as is fresh enough to make people look upon AKB in a new light and someone who wont go away after a couple of years > Spotting her as the only reliably gifted next gen member > next holding her solo concert to show people what they see in her > next to further prove her raw singing skills holding the Kashouryoku contest to prove she is not a fluff > And now finally when people can't question her skills anymore releasing a song like this with her as center.
    I think this is actually what you can actually call the real next generation AKB that has been said to have been coming in for so many years. And honestly its going to be exciting as hell once some more talented names like yoko yui comes into the equation in the near future hopefully.
    What I wouldn't give for a new tripartite struggle between Yuiyui leading team B , YokoYui Leading team K and Moeka leading team A for the center position . The whole fandom would be on fire honestly ..

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  9. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I'm now imagining Yukirin just coming into work like an hour late with a starbucks coffee and just being told she's in first row again and she's all like, "not this shit again?" lolol.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

This sounds interesting actually [hehe] Moeka and Yuiyui already have the popularity and push, not sure for Yokoyui but I know she got a lot of good reactions to her dancing and I found her really cool. Hm maybe they could do something like this... a trio of Yuiyui, Satopii, Rei to lead a team for the cute ones (Team B style). a trio of Naachan, Yuiri, Yokoyui to lead a team for the cool ones (Team K style). Then a trio of Moeka, Rinrin, Miion to lead a team for the classy ones (Team A style). Miion and Yuiri could be switched. This would work great imo :cute: The rivalry would be fun too LOL

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    I think they should also divide the songs according to the aura of the team, Like new age mixes like teacher and love songs like atarahi chime , ballads for team A's orthodox idols, Cool , Dance oriented, Sad and motivational songs like mae shika mukanee, shuden no yoru , Akb sanjou for Team k's charismatic idols, Cute songs like Neko allergy, Heart gata virus for team B's Loveable Idols and finally excessively moe songs like Glass no I love you and that banana apple song for team 4's recently promoted kids . Also the shitty group shuffle that actually killed the real charm of the AKB team system needs to stop and only people from team 4 should be sorted into the other teams .
    But alas these people just got to do their dramatic shit in regular intervals to kill the group.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Why? We only just had Team songs on Teacher Teacher (2018), Tsubasa wa Iranai (2016) and Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby (2015). We should be getting Team songs again this or next year again.

13. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    I'm all for this. Sure, it's more expensive for international fans like me, but it's easier to get a region free blu-ray player than a Region 2 DVD player (I'm in the US and we're Region 1).

Sustainable: Capable of being supported and upheld.
    These English titled singles make me giggle. First Frustration this year, now Sustainable haha.
    Happy for Moeka center and overall very very pleased with the Senbatsu members.

14. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Moeka is "dating" (if thats true at all) a kid her age, a classmate, not a member of a whole organization that raids idol shows, nor staff members.
    + There has been no information whatsoever of her bringing him to member dorms or work. Their relationship seems purely a school love that gives her no benefits in her job.

• Like Like x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  15. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Oh wow Moeka Center, that's interesting, but not surprising. This girl has gotten my attention since i first saw her on Akbingo and she took even more the second time talking about Ponzu. The level of natural charisma she has is quite high given how many years i rarely gave any girl some interest them putting a girl i actually find charming is pretty great. Plus shes apparently a high level singer and has got her wits against adversity making pretty strong willed. Plus she has the most important factor, she's head turning pretty.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I'd like to point out the latest 48G single titles, barring STU's Daisukina Hito

First we got Ishi (Will)
    then there is Frustration
    And now we have Sustainable

So this is the story arc we're at, huh :awesome:

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Elysion48

Elysion48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    Oh my god I'm just totally disappointed. This news is a pretty fake news ! please someone can tell me what's is going on ? OF....K I was literally PRAYING for a Okada center. I feel so betrayed.

18. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

This year has been done wait. :blink:

So Moeka is the center?

What will the song be like? :?:

19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

completely random, as per usual.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Thinking about it, Moeka is a good center choice, or I'll dare say, even as the next face of AKB.

Okada Nana is popular, talented, well rounded, and virtually flawless, pretty much like Yamamoto Sayaka. That's the thing though, if she'll be given the face of the group push, she has the potential to be even bigger than the group. She deserves and needs to stay as a front row member though.

Yuiyui is actually my preferred member to be given the permacenter push (if management want to go the permacenter route again), and Yuiyui would have been a great choice if we were in the early years of the group. Thing is, AKB needs to step up their game and needs to impress the general public thus, having average vocals won't cut it anymore.

Yahagi Moeka has the cute, classic idol look but with vocals that can make people think that the current AKB is quite good. She's like the perfect balance between Nana and Yuiyui.

IMO, for the next couple of years, this trio should, at the very least, be front members. Who knows, we might get to see a second golden era for the group.

Would have been nice if Muto was in 2nd row but I guess I should be thankful enough she was included.

I'm happy with the HKT rep, a popular member who didn't need a ton of push just to make it as a barely popular member.

STU deserves the 2 slots given to them. Their sales are quite good right? At par with NMB, more or less?

I'll get downvotes for this considering Jurina is one of the least liked popular members here. I'm still salty on how Jurina was never really given the face of AKB push. I mean, sure, I'm thankful that she got tons of push and opportunities, but she never got the kind of push that Maeda, Mayu, Paruru, Sakura got like being the main character in an AKB drama, main member in group promotions, etc.

At this point, only chance for her to center an AKB single again is through sousenkyo and when she graduates. And yes, I expect her to get a graduation center.

Off Topic, sorry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2