Single AKB48 56th [Sustainable] (2019/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Sailor Miyawaki

Sailor Miyawaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Jurina is the current member with the most AKB centres despite not being in AKB, she is also in the front row of almost every single these days, not to mention she gets to be the face of SKE and centres the most there, honestly not sure what there is to complain about. Not even Sasshi was given non ssk centres until she left, and she wasn't even centreing in HKT much either.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

And she paid for it. She got dropped from NMB's second single and latterly she took a hit in the 2014 SSK.

It'd be interesting if there was substance to this rumour, Horipro comes up trumps again perhaps

honma 1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

There is one sure thing, being September there will be no July bikinis but it will be autumnal.

And it will be a very strange autumn for a senbatsu.

4. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Plot twist: it's your typical AKB's idol-ish song

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    are they really going to perform the song tomorrow?it's seems so fast idk

6. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    By appointing Moeka as center the fans and outside of it will talk about AKB. Like it or not it increases their exposure. All according to keikaku. [hehe] genius.
    Can't say that I am a fan of how they do it tho.

Chiming in a bit, management-wise the decision is pretty good actually (not considering the rice ladies).
    Moeka will surely got punished by some of the fanbase (well, she is kind of get by punished by the management by not included in the string of high exposure performances or even zenkoku tour senbatsu lately, and...remind me again when is the last time she appeared in theater? Is it last year November on Pajadora? While the other senbatsus are grazing the schedule to appear there for some months already), but because there is long gap between the singles, her sales record is objectively still in flying colours. And by appointing her as center, there will be new fans going to her lane to compensate for the potential loss from the fans who don't like supporting members with scandals. I can see the points from where aka and mana talking about, but this way they might save Moeka rather than risking losing her momentum instead. She is one of their big asset anyway. Even though the hidden mesaage is a little bit...meh.

Regarding the "sustainability" issue, where there are many complaints about "where are the next rising stars?", from HS perspectives...what are you talking about. There they are. Lol. :lol: Try forget your oshimen for a moment and see the numbers with an objective mind.
    Under 20 and great sales:
    Oguri, Yahagi, Tanaka, Ishida, Kuranoo, Sakaguchi, Honma. That is 7 out of 19, more than 35%. That is a good number for up and coming stars. Say they make it 22-nin senbatsu and include Zukki, Nishikawa/Satone, and Shitao like many will want to see for sustainability. That makes it 10 out of 22, nearly 50%, that is a significantly higher risk. And they have to find good enough reason to exclude akb members with better sales like Komi, Tanao, and Sahho. With two of them holding captaincy position, that might be a difficult job to do.

And...as far as I remember, we were asking for more focus on akb members and less SG. They give it don't they [hehe]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    For the people angry at Moeka for getting a senbatsu center this early, say hi to Jurina for me. I know that the circumstances are completely different, but the main reasonings for the centers are the same. They're pushing a promising girl who can lead AKB48 to greatness. And if the scandal was an issue, give Sasshi a hello. Imo, this scandal is stupid and irrelevant, so let's move on.

Overall, I'm positive in AKB's future. I used to be wary of AKB's future when the remaining Kami 7 members left. However, we have strong, talented members that have the ability to carry the future of AKB48.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Not for up and coming AKB stars. The sister groups can push their own young members in their singles.

Uh, what. Who exactly are their sales "better than"? Certainly not Zukkii, Satone, or Miu. Tanao is the only one close (mostly due to her high available slots), but she's, well... it's not difficult to come up with reasons to exclude her.

Rei's sales are terrible but they only just started really pushing her. She sold almost nothing in the original rounds and the first resales, but since May all of her remaining slots have sold out.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  9. rmn89

rmn89 Member

im not a hrdcore fan who knows about their hs sales etc. but i wonder where is okabe Rin? i got an impression she is more famous than sakaguchi or kuranoo.but then again i might be wrong cuz im not aware of their hs sales. shes pretty and have a very good vocal too...also shes not an early push of team 8. which i guess whats akb is really about. the girl who shines regardless of the assigned push

10. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    @rmn89
    She is there, between Chiho-chan and Mion.

11. rmn89

rmn89 Member

oh
    thankyou! sorry hat apost above that said 7/19 upcming stars didnt list her made me thought she wasnt include. in this case yay!

12. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
  13. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I must say this is the best new AKB48 trio we've got lately <3

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Finally some common sense!

:censored:F***, of course it has to be not during the times I'll be visiting Japan later this year...
    (we'll see if there are more singles planned. otherwise there is always Nogi [hehe])

15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The Osaka date on 2/1 will be on the same weekend as next year's Japan Expo in Thailand:

66196601_1375915582588801_1016977466041827328_n.jpg

I was thinking of going to that event, partly to make a long-overdue return visit to Bangkok, but also in the hope of catching an AKB48 live performance there. Does that mean they're not going to that next year? Or maybe will a group of members later drop out of HS that weekend in order to fly out there?

16. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    For me it is quite convenient (and expensive with NMB on 10/12, SKE on 10/13 and AKB on 10/14 and 10/20. Gotta move fast to fit everything and get back to work on time. Fortunately there’s a plane that lands 5:40 AM so straight from plane to work. :D

17. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Brace for impact...my wallet :fear:

You mean...Rocket Punch? Maybe you can arrange a short trip to Ibaraki to see egg's hometown.

Btw, never lose hope for National HS :D
    Easier and simpler to attend combo event of mini concert and HS. ;)

Mmm, the Nagoya (and SKE) ones are literally at the airport isn't it. [hehe]

18. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    It's too early to tell. Let's see what G-Yu Creative does. They want to bring the big idol groups too so I think they'll think of a way to bring AKB48 there besides the other idols/artists.

19. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Yes but flight from Osaka.

20. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    For this reason I have been keeping this excel file...

akb.jpg

ske.jpg

nmb.jpg

hkt.jpg

ngt.jpg

stu.jpg

Acchan is still holding the record for most AKB singles, but out of active members, Jurina really is indeed the one with most AKB center positions. It's also wild to me how Yuko has less center positions than Mayuyu, and I wonder if she'd ever gotten a non-SSK center center if she had graduated later. RIP Tomochin and Yukirin.

They only really need to give either Yuiyui, Naachan or Moeka a second center to declare one of them as the new face of the group (or even Miion, but I think making one girl both soukantoku and center is too hard). On the 2018 Profile Book, they used each group's most recognisable face (Jurina, Sayanee, Sasshi, Ogiyuka and Naachan), but I would disagree that Yuihan is AKB's most recognisable member. I do want them to find a girl they can push as the new center and move into a new golden era again. SKE still has Jurina, NMB is now pushing Miru, HKT seems to be working on Miku, and STU has Yumiko, and I think it works best if there is a regular center.

I know this is a bit of a stretch now, but Moeka's hair cut is not too different from Acchan's bob cut and since I still visualise Acchan as the center of the group to this day, I can see Moeka as well. But it's probably way too early to tell for that.

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1