Single AKB48 58th (Ne mo Ha mo Rumor) [2021/09/29)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, May 23, 2021.

1. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I kinda wishing they could go back to using 3 teams format but with the sheer amount of member it's really difficult to do it unless they force the girls to graduate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Assuming they'll hit around or close to 450k end of the week (give or take) it's actually a really great number considering all things. It's also their first single in over a year too. People move on tbh. So many groups exist and have released numerous singles and albums while AKB has not. Even myself I went back and focused more on Hello Project cause they gave out content. And Kpop always has content too. AKB has to step it up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

They've actually already let numbers run down somewhat as they have done any recruiting since almost 2 years ago (team 8) and longer in the case of AKB proper. The problem is that there are too few outstanding members. They should quietly encourage some of the grannies and salty chicks to graduate and then open 17th gen auditions but this time really carefully recruit members as Draft 3 and 16th gen in retrospect were a real mixed bag.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    This is not an autograph event. You’re basically just gonna get TIF’s official bromide folder in addition to the solo cover of your chosen member.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Interrupting the sales discussion,
    The full version dance looks great!
    More than anything they are having fun and I can feel it too, it's refreshing.

From the Tiktok livestream (I believe):

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I think you're right - Google Translate suggested the covers would be signed but DeepL gives me the following translation:
    I've amended my post above.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Who? These?

178,048 SKE48
    177,046 SKE48
    161,148 STU48
    128,237 NMB48
    120,109 HKT48
    73,010 NGT48

Online meetings are not the same as shaking hands. They could've sell more internationally but those sales don't even count.

So... you want DH to fire them?

I said a long time ago that with Team 8 there was no need to have new generations. But you (plural) and the management said no, they need "their own" girls, proper AKB girls, so they hired the 16th generation and the D3s. But then you (plural) would say "Why don't we fire most Team 8 girls and keep 16D3?".

Who wants to play God here?

It's easy to say we should get rid of them, but every girl has her own fans. What would've happened if they had fired Hii in 2017? Or Shitao in 2018? Even Yuiyui in 2015? How long it took for Satone? How many times they could've fired Erii?

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Thanks for the information. It's a shame they're not signed, but it's still nice to have an 'exclusive' cover with your favourite member(s). I think I'll pick 3 of my favourites to go with my signed Tomu cover and put them up on the wall above my work-from-home desk. As the regular editions should come with a bonus photo inside if they're the same as the regular editions you'd get in stores or online, getting a wide selection of those will be nice too. Or, y'know, I'll just end up with the same photo several times.

9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Very selective data sample you picked. I said "since the golden age" but you blithely ignored several years pre-covid. It's obvious that DH/AKS were desperately hoping that physical handshakes would come back but finally had to drop some product, probably for contractual reasons with King Records. Even if physical handshakes came back, AKB wouldn't sell anywhere near 1m on it's own.

It's good that AKB has had a reality check. They've done some good things with this campaign like all the viral marketing stuff and letting the members get actual rehearsal time so their dancing looks reasonably sharp, hopefully this will encourage them to improve in other areas as well. .

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Of course I am ignoring several year pre-covid! This single was released in September 2021, not in 2016, 2018 or 2019.

Your own words...

You're the one saying that a single released under these conditions proves that AKB was being carried by the sister groups before covid-19. How does that make any sense?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

What I said is internally consistent, just because you disagree doesn't change that.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
  13. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    some people seem to have received their Limista signings already, although I'm not sure what the deal is. Mine haven't been sent yet. Random example I came across earlier today
    https://twitter.com/kn_izone/status/1443036448161107969?s=19

I'm also quite happy with these sales. Before HS sales started, I predicted 600k for first day, but when I heard we'd reach 600k roughly if everyone sold out, I thought it'll probably be closer to 300k, maybe 400k within first week. I'll be content if we go past 350k within first week.

AKB is still the best-selling 48 group and they reached number 1 on the charts. We lost out on sister group sales, we lost out on physical handshakes, we have only very few members that are known by the public, the song hasn't been performed much so far on television... So all things considered, I'm happy with this.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I'm wondering if this level of sales can keep a group with nearly a hundred members afloat tho.

15. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    If you add those to AKB's sales it's over a million.

I don't know why you're arguing with the obviously true part of Reveen's shitpost instead of his obviously false assertion that AKB isn't already keenly aware how much the sister groups helped (and hurt). Naachan said exactly that in that mistranslated quote earlier.

I hope this single did well enough considering the circumstances that management will consider sticking to tandoku singles going forward, at least some of the year.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  16. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I was gonna write a long post but Mana and Reveen said pretty much everything i wanted to say. Personally i consider the promotion of this single very good and they did everything they could, it's just a case of too little too late.
    I'd just add that i think Reveen was to kind, let's be honest, 16th, D3 and the last Team 8 batch completely bombed. The question is, who should be blamed? The girls or management?
    Honestly, if you let girls like Suzuki Yuka and Shiobara join your group then you can't complain they are not making the group more popular.

• Like Like x 1
  17. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Regarding the sales comparison, how much has the pandemic affect Sakamichi group sales?

Also the full Tiktok stream:

if the video does not show watch the video here

so that's why we never had full version dance, even on MV.
    It didn't exist. Guess the covid incident pushed things back.

The 2nd half is great, many new moves, I can't stop looping it for a while haha

18. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Nogizaka46 sold 400k on the first day.

19. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    how is that compared to their previous and pre-covid sales? Sorry for the trouble, I'm not following sakamichi sales recently.

20. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

50% decline from 1m to 500k. It should be noted that most of the top members dont do individual handshakes offline or online

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1