Single AKB48 61st single [Doushitemo Kimi ga Suki da] - (2023/04/26)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Feb 27, 2023.

1. welp

welp Next Girls

I don't really get the logic. They chose elder members and then made them sang about high school love in high school uniform? Is not this a weird choice?

The music arrangement sounded very old school.

The instrumental line was pretty fast for the most part but the vocal line wasn't. Like, they sang one note over 2 beats. When the instrument went slower, the vocal line speed was the same. This is pretty uncommon I believe. They danced along the vocal line and not the instrument so, the dance was not that fast. (And, it would be more confusing to dance along the instrumental line as your singing and dancing did not go along together.)

The music was melodic and the voice sounded fuller. Just for these factors, the song sounded 3x vivacious. If you compare this to Hisashiburi Lip Gloss/Moto Kare Desu, the voice quality is much better here. That A&R producer guy leaving is a blessing.

Overall, this song was nice to listen but, no segment stood out. It should be an oomph/a kicker in the chorus part to make it more tiktok worthy.

The song would benefit from being ~1 minute shorter. The 15+ seconds long guitar riff part was questionable.

The choreography clearly was influenced by K-pop. Those hand/arm movements reminded me of earlier K-pop and the evolution of K-pop dance. Earlier girl groups like of Girls' Generation moved mostly their arms/hands due to the influence of J-pop idol "para para" dance. It now comes a circle, J-pop > K-pop > J-pop. This choreography is indirectly para para dance influenced via K-pop.

In any full shot, it was obvious that someone were not on par with other, smaller/sloppier movements.

More effort should have been invested into choreography. The part where everyone but Honda froze in horizontal line for many seconds looked lazy (choreography wise). And, nothing much happened after that. The choreography went south from that freezing moment onward.

By the way, the bamboo stage looked stupid.

K-pop groups change costume every days to please female viewers. Won't be surprised if that's what DH aims. (The waste such practice creates though.)

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    They're scheduled to appear on Wednesday on NTV PREMIUM MUSIC 2023:
    https://www.ntv.co.jp/premium/articles/591zarix5xweybhth7s.html

I'd assume they'll do the new song again but I can't find any confirmation of exactly what they'll be performing on the show.

• Like Like x 3
  3. mae813

mae813 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    • Informative Informative x 4
  4. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    The song sounds good overall, everybody has decent screentime, my favourite part is Yui-Zukky first line. The choreography is fun to watch, lots of formation changing, only thing I would change is the bass-riff part can change to a more complicated and more up-beat solo dance from Hiichan or Hii-Yui-Zukky (whatever since they are the "best dancer" in senbatsu). It could be a dancebreak part like a Kpop song, which could have been a highlight for the performance.
    And somehow 1/4 of the senbatsu today is 17ki, I hope Mizumin will have a chance to perform on TV before Yuiri comeback. Yukinee stands out the most for me, her visual is no joke, I'm curious how many followers she will get after today.

I wonder if there would be at least one TV appearance for Naachan before her graduation. I'm sure she can kill this song well.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

i liked the bamboo.
    pretty sure i'm hearing male background vocals in this which i can't remember ever hearing in an akb song before. but maybe i am wrong.
    i think it's most apparent between about 1:38 and 2:08. and you can hear some in the choruses. and kicks in again around 3:16
    some of it could be an auto-harmonizer, but i'm pretty sure there's an actual man's voice in there as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Do you mean that you never heard male background vocals in AKB songs? Because they already did it in the past actually [hehe]

For example the 'wo wo wo' in 'Okujo Kara Sakebu'. I've heard male background vocals in other songs too... I just remember this one for now lol.

if the video does not show watch the video here

I tried listening to the parts you said in 'Doushitemo Kimi ga Suki da', and I can't hear it too clearly, maybe there are male vocals, but really low?

• Like Like x 2
  7. lyl

lyl Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    I also heard it, and it's actually not rare. I can't remember exactly which other songs have it, but Hebirote specially is a song filled with male background vocals. This happens.

I adore the song, each time I listen to it I like it more and more. Everything here is beautiful: the choreography, the instrumental. I'm relieved this dance single is such a beautiful, idolish dance single.
    I'm eager to know who composed and arranged this song. For me it's easily a song which APAZZI would arrange.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. primermicarrucha

it's basically singing the lead part but turned down. so, yeah.
    i have never heard that song before, but i could hear the male parts there, too.

9. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    The more I listen to the song the more I like it! The choreo is really beautiful, I loved it immediately. I need to gush about Sorara for a second, because she did so well :cute: but all the kenkyuusei did, actually. They don't feel out of place whatsoever.
    As for the song itself, I don't love Hiichan's solo lines, they're too high pitched for me, but other than that it's really good. I think it's probably the best A-Side since Sustainable!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 5
  11. trxsh

trxsh Member

That was a super cute performance. They did great!

More than other recent singles, I'm feeling like senbatsu has their own....vibe? Cute and approachable, but with some more posh and studious elements added in. Hitomi is good as centre and I think this configuration is pretty cohesive. It's working for me, personally.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Love the hand choreo and how the formations were utilized with the choreo.

Didn't know hand choreo counts as a KPop thing now.. so was AKB "copying" KPop for more than a decade now?

Anyhoo, I like that it sounds idol-like, a bit concerned, though, with the lack of a hook.

And not gonna lie, still would have preferred a different center, but I guess it can't be helped.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Things I really like about this song/performance:
    • Hiichan's vocals at the starts, you can tell it's her and personally I really like her voice. Reminds me of Acchan in the way that it has a certain edge to it that makes you recognise immediately who it is, without being pitch perfect
    • The hand gesture dance, it's very cute and can be utilised really well for a tiktok trend challenge
    • The uniforms are cute and AKB style, but thanks to the cropped tops etc it's more modern
    • The instrumentals are good, they remind me of big classics going back as far as Oogoe Diamond but combined with something more recent like #SukiNanda

Things I don't like so much
    • The tagline/title of the song, the way it's said sounds disharmonious to me (Doushite mo Kimi ga.... SUKIDAAAA)
    • After the first few listens, there isn't any particular bit that's stuck in my head. It's a good song, but it's not super catchy to me so I'm worried it'll be forgotten and shelves after promotion, just like Shitsuren Arigatou, Hisalip... They're trying to re-create the kami era sound and it's definitely enjoyable but I don't think they're quite managing to create something iconic
    Overall though, that's more things that I like than I dislike so I hope the song will grow on me more as time goes on! Definitely still excited for the music video and also all future performances, especially if they'll change uniforms every time, and I'm also still hyped for the cooking senbatsu song/mv.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    This song looks inferior compared to NGT and STU's latest song, both in terms of song and choreography
    hondahi's high pitch solo lines feels out of place and unnecessary

it's probably will grow on me if I play it repeatly but definitely will forgotten in the next few months

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

NAZCA are the composers. They composed many Keyakizaka songs and primarily works with Sakamichi Series groups. That's only their second work with 48G.

• Informative Informative x 9
  16. Garapagosu

Garapagosu Kenkyuusei

The choreographer for AKB this time is Sakura Inoue, among others.
    Some of her works recently in Japan:
    Mrs. GREEN APPLE

SexyZone

She was with NGT before as well, so not a new face to 48G I guess :)

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    HKT’s Biisan was hand dance heavy

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. best48fan

best48fan Kenkyuusei

This.....is not a good song.

I mean, is it really so difficult to put alittle effort into creating a song?

If i wanted "cookie cutter", I would go listen to a k-pop song by a random k-pop group that's signed to a low tier label.

or better yet just go watch a boring anime show that has the "generic" opening song (same thing!)

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  19. primermicarrucha

the credits are in the youtube video info and the arranger is listed as Masa Yuichi Nonaka.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

It wound up working, thank you. I wanted to wait to respond til I actually went through the payment process, so as to not speak too soon only to encounter any other issues lol. Got tickets for Airi, Yukitan, Kokko and Miyuu. 17ki theme, though I would have broken that theme to apply for Hiichan tix had she not already sold out all her online slots.