Album AKB48 6th Album [Koko ga Rhodes da, koko de tobe!] 2015/01/21

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by penguindash, Nov 3, 2014.

1. black_snow

black_snow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It's a waste of resources to exploit the fanbase of your most popular member? :fear:

2. kfcephalopod

kfcephalopod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    I've seen a few Team 8 wota on twitter talking about a pv for 47 no Suteki na Machi e being on the album but I haven't found anything that officially confirms that. Does anyone know?

3. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    @kfcephalopod Oricon is apparently reporting PV's for Teams A, K, B, and 4. Team 8 was not mentioned.

From @TiduShoko on the previous page...

4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Actually Team 8 is mentioned there. Here are some pics from that video.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I don't even.... How did I miss that.:fp: Better call the eye doctor in the morning.:XD:

Well, I am now officially, utterly excited to be getting ANOTHER Team 8 PV. MORE TEAM 8 FTW!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

6. penguindash

penguindash Kenkyuusei

More:
    - album title is the Japanese translation of the Latin phrase, "Hic Rhodus, hic salta!" or "Here is Rhodes, here is where you will jump!", meaning that one must back up their claims with actual deeds.
    - details now read that six singles from Heart Eleki onwards are to be included, so possibly Kibouteki Refrain too?
    - Disc 1 also has Ai no Sonzai and Reborn, in total 13 tracks
    - Disc 2 has twenty new tracks, and four solos that differ depending on the version, in total 24 tracks
    - Type A has Kojiharu, Sakura, Sayanee and Mayu
    - Type B has Yukirin, Sasshi, Takamina and Jurina
    - DVD has videos for the team songs on Kibouteki, plus 47 Suteki na Machi e and Reborn

7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

^ Kibouteki Refrain is on this album from the sounds of it. (So the 39th Single will be the first one on the 7th Album).

8. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Yea this is really weird lol, IDG what they're thinking.

You're a Mayuyu stan so maybe you don't think much but I really don't see how this is exploiting the fanbase of AKB's most popular. The CD will sell no matter what songs are in it because there are 2shots. People are buying the CD for the 2shots and not for the songs. It'll be much wiser to save the songs for Mayuyu's own single since the number of songs in that single is more likely to have a bigger effect on sales.

I actually don't really mind having 20 new tracks if those tracks includes good new units since my favourite part about stages are the units. Jurina and Sakura's solo songs sounds exciting even though I don't like them much but it seems like it's definitely going to be their signature song from now onwards. More Kojiharu and Sayanee solos is definitely great since they have beautiful voices and this is great preparation for their upcoming solo careers. I'll take the other 12 songs over a stage if they do it right and include amazing units for the post 9 gen girls who never had their own stages. The previous album delivered with gems like 10 Krone to Pan which was an amazing YokoYamamoto feature. Shower no ato dakara was also great but kind of stupid at the same time since they gave the units to kami members when it could have been given to sexy new gen members like Nattsun, Wakanyan and Mariyagi. With the 8 solos, I'm confident that the girls from 9th gen onwards would get a chance to shine and we'd get to see Ricchan, Annin, Renacchi, Mariyagi etc front units, something which is long overdue. This would let them have the best part of stages by giving them signature songs which is most important to them in building the character and image of the girls. Of course it's unfortunate that we wouldn't get to see them perform regularly these songs regularly in the theatre but that's not much of a problem since some of these girls don't appear much in the theatre anyway.

While I'm at it, I'll just add that nothing beats having an entire stage since there'll be something for everyone in the teams and not just for the front girls but with how the teams are all with 16+ members it's really questionable how management will structure stages. Obviously they'll want to write songs that can feature the front girls but the girls performing the new stage most of the time would be girls in the bottom half of management priority. Those girls are not very bankable in management's eyes which might explain why they aren't willing to invest in them by giving the teams something new only to have unders performing them most of the time. Also given how teams are getting constantly shuffled, we're gonna have the N3 problem once again where they only performed the stage for half a year before it got taken over by a mostly new line-up such that the stage kinda of lost all meaning it had for the original lineup. I also understand that stages are better in terms of how it's sort of like a musical, involving some sort of story telling effort but the theatre will continue to be sold out regardless of whether there is new material there so I guess it really doesn't matter to Aki-P. Hence, I think I can understand why management would rather do albums then do stages.

Back on the album, well even though it sounds good so far, management is obviously too dumb to do things right since they decide to include Mayuyu and Takamina's solos when their own solo singles should be the number one priority.

Yes you should. I don't even get why you are even making it seem like it's such a bad thing. It is an AKB album anyway AKB girls take priority. Management is not obliged to feature the SKE girls who can put up their own album.

9. penguindash

penguindash Kenkyuusei

Okay, so the reports were a bit unclear, but it's actually 20 new tracks and 4 old tracks in total split over the two versions, not 24 tracks each. Here's the tracklists.

So basically, super senbatsu gets a solo or duet each, while everyone else (undergirls veterans / up-and-comers) gets an album track as part of a group. Basically this reads like a who's who of everyone being pushed. Some very interesting choices there. (Murashige is back in the good books? And Hilary!! God bless America.)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  10. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Anybody else thinking the Team songs are going to be the same Team songs that were on KR? Otherwise we will be right back to where we are now. Team songs with no PV's. :fp:

11. penguindash

penguindash Kenkyuusei

^ No, the team songs on the album have been marked as bring brand new.

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

We didn't get Team PVs for the last album's either. This is just a plus for this album.

AkiP is such a troll. :XD:
    Go write the actual stages, then!! :^^;:

13. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    As I said, back to where we are now. Team songs without PV's. Not happy. Just like with last album.:gavel:

14. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I'm glad that Goto Moe was put in a song along with the pushed 48G new gens :banana:
    But where is Kojimako? :shocku:
    Edit: Nevermind. Found her. Hehehe

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Just like all of them. Album songs don't get PVs. :^^;:

I think only First Rabbit got one because they let the fans vote which songs they wanted to have one and whatnot.

16. iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    iamcrazymike
    As someone who wants to limit their spending to only one version, they just made the decision for me a lot harder :shock: . So Type A has Kojiharu, Sayaka, Mayu, Sailor Zombie and is the album type that comes with the DVD version. While Type B has pretty much most of the members I am familiar with . . .

17. Norenche

Norenche Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    In my case, Type A has Team K song while Type B has Jurina solo...

I guess I'll wait to see the covers, but if they don't help me decide I might go for Type B.

18. KatieKat1690

KatieKat1690 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Hmm I'm not sure how I feel about this album yet. I think all those solos are a bit excessive. I would rather have less solos and more songs with smaller units rather than 8 different solo songs, especially since most of the girls getting the solos already have many other solo songs out already. I feel like all the other members who don't have a solo or aren't a top/pushed member at the moment were just thrown in a random song with 15 other girls.

To me, the albums and stage units used to be the only place were there could be different types of songs with some smaller units (3-6 Members) which kind of set itself apart from the typical large senbatsu (16+ Members) and large undergirls units on the singles. Since there are no new stages (and probably won't be for a long time lol) the album was the only place left to change things up. I want more songs like Iikagen no Susume, JJ ni Karitamono and Shower no Ata dakara where you can tell the voices apart and the girls were able to put a little more of their signature character into the song. With these larger units I feel like all the songs and everything else will just blend together with nothing setting it apart.

Oh well, I'm beginning to ramble now...I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the songs turn out to really form an opinion.

P.S. - Didn't somebody say earlier in this thread that Yui would be getting a solo on the album as well? I guess her solo turned into a duet...

19. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

The management seems to have weird plans lately. Including team songs without PV in Kibouteki Refrain when there's already the flower UGs, then shoot the PVs for the album but doesnt include the song in the album and have another new team songs without PVs.

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Maybe they filmed them too close to the... "that moment in which they start putting everything into CD/DVDs" lol