1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Chiba Erii in Mnet show [Uhak Sonyeo: Ticket to K-Pop] (2019/05/23 - 2019/07/18)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by Merika, Apr 9, 2019.

1. moko

moko Kenkyuusei

The first episode was feel good, like cotton candy. And the girls are lovable, especially Lisu from sweden. I really can't wait for the next episode.

2. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    The girls will work together to release their own original song at the end of the series.
    First episode was the girls meeting up in their house. First challenge was breaking into 2 groups and navigating the city to their practice studio.
    Next episode they will make groups again and create their own cover PV.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hotsushikun

Hotsushikun Kenkyuusei

I am hoping these J-Pop artists converting into K-Pop makes me feel like Korea is becoming a major destination for Japanese musician to go Korea, since Korea's music is well healthier and more influential than J-Pop is.

These types is even more convinced at this video:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Its all thanks to these Japanese artists entering the Korean music market like TWICE, NCT 127 and Japanese artists as K-Pop, it will further help improve Japan-Korea relationship a lot more. Also the fact that J-Pop less interest in touring internationally than K-pop are. :ome:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    AKS should make a Kpop unit. Seeing as Erii, Minami, Nanami, & Chiyori are the main ones with Korean/Kpop promos, they could be the members who form it

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hotsushikun

Hotsushikun Kenkyuusei

They should be called "JKP00", it means "Japanese Korea Project 2000s".

6. Hotsushikun

Hotsushikun Kenkyuusei

They should also have its own Korean AKB48 called "SEUL48".

Also, the issues about not having its own Korean AKB48 is that Japan-Korea issues still goes tensions.

7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    ^
    Be carefull with double posts.

Right now, the issue is NGT48's mess and it's consequences.

8. Hotsushikun

Hotsushikun Kenkyuusei

I do believe in that, and i'll be careful

9. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    SOL48 will likely happen at some point. And it’s likely Stone Music will be their agency. It’s just a matter of when it’ll happen.

I’ve lowkey always seen IZ*One as a prototype towards the sister group hence the fixed ahead of time lineup, so maybe sometime between when IZ*One gets more solidified to when they disband, the sister group will be announced.

These further Kpop related promos do seem like prep up for the future. Whether that’s a sister group or a Kpop based 48G unit, or maybe even both.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Hotsushikun

Hotsushikun Kenkyuusei

IZ One is regarded as beta test to show if Korean or Japanese members can get popularity outside of Korea and Japan.

If Japanese members earn their popularity, they there is going to be an SOL48 sooner of enough.

11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Back to the show.
    Who are these 2 MCs ? (and bad actors, they made me laugh)

It was long. Too long !!
    And unfortunatly it has one of the thing i particularly hate about reality (the one they want you to see) shows : shootings from bedrooms.
    The one who designed this house must be crazy. No floors which is a plus, but so many damn concrete stairs just to reach the door; and girls having quite some troubles to climb with their heavy luguages.

So they stayed 3 weeks in the house, how many episodes is it going to be ?
    As for the girls, language isn't a big problem, almost all of them are fluent enough in english. And Maria, the american girl is a big help to everyone since she's fluent in korean.
    I loved Lisu's attitude, she made a big point in welcoming absolutly everyone, and she's making a good use of the cameras so far.
    The girls are trying to build a chemistry, that's an interesting part, with the last 20 minutes of the episodes where things started being really serious, the rest of the footages feels like fillers.

I don't think the 2 groups are even competing against each other. More like the production puted on a practical way to manage the girls, and ease their exercises (or missions / homework, whatever you want to call it).
    Deesee, the russian girl isn't shy at all, it looks she's ready to give her all.

As foor Erii, I maintain for now my previous statement about her. She was choosed for the ratings she may bring to the show. (looks like there was no audition process, just like with Maria)
    So far, It looks she had some rough time. She's not fluent in english nor in korean. and even in the final part, she felt completly lost in the dance studio.

With this, it looks like Mnet is testing the water to see if a girl group composed of foreigners (non asian) can work.

I'm really not convinced Erii's presence has any thing to do with a possible 48 group in Korea, just look at how it is advertised:
    Nothing on the official AKB48 site / blog / SNS ( Or I missed something), and AKB48 isn't mentionned. when they introduced Erii, it was all about Produce 48. (understandable, so Mnet doesn't have to buy some footages to AKS).
    In the end it was a side individual job for her, just like some other girls allready did in the past years.

12. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Yeah, I also get the feeling that Mnet is testing a non-Korean ethnic Kpop group. They’ll probably end up releasing the single, and if ratings are good they’ll get an MCountdown taping. It’s just I feel they got a long way to go when the most common negative comments you see on sns is this show got too many white girls. To me, it just reeks of jealousy more than anything else (I’m Korean American)

• Like Like x 1
  13. moko

moko Kenkyuusei

I love this show so far and I like all the girls but it isnt it meant to be an international show? Its international as it is, i mean the girls are from different countries, but the way they went about dispersing the countries gives me the feeling that they don't believe a show with a more diverse racial demographic would succeed in Korea. Which it honestly might not. Idk. But even Lisu from Sweden wished for a girl from africa or latin america upon seeing the demographic. I think its just that everyone sees things from a different point of view.
    (Then again I haven't seen exactly what people have been saying, been stuck in my jpop world):chuffed:

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Hotsushikun

Hotsushikun Kenkyuusei

I still think Korea will be more racially diverse than Japan, since Korea birth rate is dipping and they decided to start up more foreigners to come and live in Korea for sure.

They also recruit foreigners to partake into K-Pop world too, like GOT7 has Thai member, Bam Bam, an Hong Kong member, Jackson Wang. And Blackpink has Lisa, who is from Thailand.

EXO also had a subtaintial of Chinese members as well.

South Korea is also trying to promote its multicultural awareness of Korea that is happening in their country upon recruiting more foreigners to work in K-Pop industry. Also, more biracial Koreans are working in K-Pop industry, like how biracial Japanese working in J-Pop industry as well.

I know J-Pop allows only half-Japanese to enter into the J-Pop industry, Japan only relies on Japanese ethnicity to be part of a J-Pop group, as Japan loves being homogeneous that is still remain to this day.

15. Bingo

Bingo Member

In the reality it not as rosy as you believe. Korea, Japan or China deep down inside they don't want foreigners living in their countries.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Well, no live stream on YT today ....

17. Bingo

Bingo Member

• Like Like x 3
  18. trxsh

trxsh Member

Nada is African so that's awkward of her to say, unless she meant black African. It would have been nice if they had a more racially diverse cast though. I know white girls are popular in Asia but they tend to draw attention just because of the relative novelty and then after you get used to it no one cares much anymore. So they probably wouldnt end up at such a huge advantage overall popularity-wise compared to, say, if there was an equally entertaining and charming Latina or black girl. Just my two cents though.

I dont really know how the girls' appeal is though since I still havent watched. I didnt find subs the last time I looked. I heard they're speaking English so is it watchable without having any Korean knowledge?

19. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Definitely watch able. All you miss out on is the mc commentary which imo is not going to cover any deep pedagogic themes in relation to a show about girls living in a house.

At the 40 min mark Deesee (Russia)/ Maria (USA) relations are strained.

Luna (Poland) loves Erii.

Nada (Egypt) getting the mnet edit treatment.

@lionel90 post on the 10 girls and nation's participating: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?posts/1591194
    shared here for my own edification

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Next week

if the video does not show watch the video here