1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Good to know it's standard, means resellers are still an option if they don't continue to expand the Enpou program. I have a dream of going to all 4 days of the Request Show :D

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yes, I am hoping this is the beginning of a new trend.

It also seems as if they aren't doing the same process they did with AX. where there was a name attached to the tickets. So I am guessing there might be some reseller opportunities for the upcoming shows at TDCH.

3. clumsycarrot

clumsycarrot Kenkyuusei

I saw a promotional picture or something with the 48 members of AKB48 and Nakamata Shiori happened to be in it. It just got me wondering if she was promoted to Team B to replace Maachan?

4. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

^Nakamata's still not promoted to any team yet.

5. cisumechan

cisumechan Kenkyuusei

anyone know where/what DVD? this clip's out of?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavuPEtlBiI[/yt]

6. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

It was discussed in the AKB48 Thread.

7. dorkiilove

dorkiilove Kenkyuusei

Question, why is being ranked high in Undergirls better than being ranked low in media senbatsu?
    I've been reading around, and I've been reading about people hoping that their oshimen will get high UG rather than low Media Senbatsu.

I mean, do undergirls do seperate promotions or something? :blink: I'm confused as to why it would be better. I mean wouldn't you have a better chance of showing up on tele if you're in Media Senbatsu rather than UG?

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

People say it's often better to be ranked high in UG because that means that you will have a lot of time in the UG PVs. If you are in media senbatsu but in the lowest spots you usually just get scraps. Besides, being in media senbatsu doesn't mean showing up a lot on tv, because that is usually reserved to top senbatsu.

9. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

^^Basically there's only media senbatsu (1~12) get the loads of screen time in the main PV (a-side), while the rest of the senbatsu sing the song but have no, if any, decent screen time. On the other hand that kind of system doesn't work in UG, everyone gets screen time based on ranking, popularity or the management's mood.

10. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Note that it's purely fan opinion, though. At least one member (lovetan) has said she'd prefer to be low senbatsu than high TG...

11. dorkiilove

dorkiilove Kenkyuusei

so basically the only difference between media senbatsu and UG is that UG get more facetime in their PV. :blink:

12. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Ok, I think you've been confused [hehe] . Senbatsu literally means "selection", as in they are the girls who were selected to represent AKB48. They sing the a-side of Single releases (aka the main song), perform it on TV, etc. The media senbatsu is the top 12 or so girls of the senbatsu that do all the media stuff like appear as guests on talk shows, do promotional advertising etc (whether all members of the senbatsu or just the media senbatsu appear/perform on a TV show or whatever depends on the show itself, whether it has room for all 20+ girls blah blah).

Being in the senbatsu is far, far more important than being in the Undergirls, even if it's at the "bottom" of the senbatsu, because it's national media exposure. The best the Undergirls get is a PV that is on a DVD when you buy the single and getting to perform it at concerts. They rarely get any TV time (usually restricted to an AKBingo performance).

The stuff people were talking about earlier was purely from the point of view from a fan, and since we watch everything, we'd like our favourite member to get the most visibility in a song/PV. But obviously that doesn't help a girl's career if she's not getting national airtime on a TV show.

13. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    ^ Thank you! That is the best explanation I've heard for how it works.

As someone really getting into AKB48 beyond the singles, I've discovered there is a ton that I never knew about the group. (I was a casual fan for years, but only from single and music show appearances).

Is there an area on the Wiki48 that is collating this information - I didn't see one looking around. I know the FAQ thread has a lot of basics, and this thread answers many questions. But I was thinking it would be nice to have a place on Wiki48 for many of the commonly asked questions/answers. I was thinking like.

- AKB48/J-Pop Terminology: Elections, Senbatsu, Undergirls, Media Senbatsu
    - Performance Info: Stages vs Concerts, Sub-units vs Shuffles
    - High profile events: Handshake, Janken, Aki Matsuri, etc
    - PV Info: Center and senbatsu listing, locations, trivia
    - Media: AKB48-branded shows, DVD and CD availability, etc

Apologies if there is a resource like that already...

14. dorkiilove

dorkiilove Kenkyuusei

^^ Thanks. Yeah, I guess I've always naturally assumed that UG are like the theater girls who get tucked away and never get to get seen by the public. Thanks for explaining.

^ Yeah, I think it would be wonderful if someone made a post like that. Even though I've been into AKB for about a month or two, its rather hard to jump into the fandom since theres so much going on and sometimes its rather confusing for new fans

15. Alaksandus

Alaksandus Kenkyuusei

http://supermerlion.com/tag/akb48/page/4/

:)

The rest of all the AKB48 posts there also introduce the basis of the group in simple terms that are easy for non-fans to understand too.

16. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    ^ Yes - I love that site.

Though the detailed descriptions of the trips to Japan make me want to go back sooner each time. :lol:

Off-topic: I'm going to be in Singapore for a couple of days a week from now (for work). Any good AKB48/idol shops I should check out? Sadly I'll be in Tokyo before AKB48 arrives for their first theater performance. :(

17. Alaksandus

Alaksandus Kenkyuusei

There are no AKB48 or idol related shops in Singapore. You probably won't even find any of their CDs in any of the CD shops. Not that there are many music shops in Singapore.

18. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

There is still 2 copies of SETLIST Greatest Songs Kanzenban in 313 HMV. Have been there since 6 months ago lol. Then there's Kinokuniya, where they sell AKB48 books, including 5 copies of Team KISHIN which have not been able to sell at all.

You can also try Haru House at Scape. I saw some AKB48 trading cards being sold there.

19. Alaksandus

Alaksandus Kenkyuusei

No one sane would buy import CDs from Singapore HMV.

Kishin would sell if it were his usual nudes. I know I'd buy it :XD:

It's pretty amazing when you can quantify the exact number of AKB48 merchandise in circulation in Singapore.

20. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    I have a Kino about 15 minutes away here in the States, but most of my stuff is coming from CDJapan (or on my trips to Japan).

I had heard that Singapore had some good anime/figure shops, was kind of hoping there would be some J-Pop/K-Pop shops like the few they have in Nakano Broadway (not the mainstream releases, more of the marketing/collectors type pieces).

Thanks for the info