AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Thanks so much for this link. I'm still fairly new to AKB48 and this link helps me learn a lot of information about the group's early days~

Kay

2. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Some of the girls blogged about an "individual handshake" event. Is that different than the usual handshake events when you have like 5 seconds with the girl? If it is different, are there special tickets/requirements to attend one?

Thanks.

3. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    There are two types of handshake events.

1) where all the girls sit in a line and you shake each of their hands in a turn
    2) they sit individually and you only get to line up & shake one girls hand

They used to always do the former, but nowadays they do the latter, I believe. So no, it's not a separate thing.

4. genkiteam48

genkiteam48 Kenkyuusei

MY HEAD HURTS - I've seen the elections (Didn't know what I was watching), seen the names "UnderGirls" and "Senbatsu" (didn't know what it meant) thrown around alot. Now I at least have a grasp of what I'm learning. Kudos to Mr WAFFLE!!! I was about to start a college semester, but my AKB studies just might be more difficult AND rewarding. Thank you ALL from Alaska, U.S.

5. Mirai_Chu_Chu

Mirai_Chu_Chu Kenkyuusei

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I found a version of Heart Gata Virus ( via download) and I'm dying to know which girls sing it. But I'm positive it hasn't got Haruna in it. It's also not the Majisuka one with Sae, Sayaka and Mayuyu.... Or the no3b version. So I'm stuck for which version it could be. I've looked on the wiki, but I don't think all the people who sing it in shuffle or something are on there.  Can anyone think of which one it could be? 

6. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    These are the only other ones I've noted-

AKB48 NHK Hall Concert 2009
    itano, shinoda, maeda

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYKtErgzljc[/yt]

AKB104 Senbatsu Member Sokaku Matsuri
    Sae, Yuko, Natsuki
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU6xa-UwGDE[/yt]

7. Mirai_Chu_Chu

Mirai_Chu_Chu Kenkyuusei

^
    Oh! Thank you very much, Mr Waffle! :) I'll have to watch them and hope the version I have matches one of them! Thank you!!!!

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

If none of them matches your version, post an image and we'll find out who they are quickly. ;)

9. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Okayy so I realised I still don't know a lot about the AKB fandom~

Since I'm not an old fan, I don't really know much of A, K and B's history and all...so...

Anyway, I just wanted to clarify...doesn't matter whether it was official or not...but who was the first, original captain of Team A? Was it Cindy?? Or not? I know she did shift from Team A to Team B and helped captain Team B for awhile before moving to SDN...but for Team A, was it her too? I'm a little confused :3

As for Team K...doesn't matter whether it was official or not...but has Sayaka always been the captain figure of Team K?? Cause I know there were a lot of older figures in Team K (who are now mostly in SDN) as well...so were anyone of them ever a captain figure??

Yeahh I'm just really curious cause I realised I didn't know and it has been bugging me for awhile.

10. caedus

caedus Kenkyuusei

^I don't have the answers to that.
    But I thought that team A used to have more than 16 members. And when they formed team B, the ones transferred(Cindy, Nacchan and Shiho) weren't prominent members at that time.
    So I doubt it's Cindy. Maybe more like...Orii Ayumi, but idk. [think]

11. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    There were never official "captains" until the shuffle with Takamina/Sayaka/Yukirin as captains. Though in the last few years leading up to the shuffle the first two and CinDy were the unofficial "leaders" of the old teams. I'm not sure who "lead" the teams during the early days (eg before B/K).

Though it does raise the question of where the title of "captain" came from (in the idol world I mean, obviously it comes from sports teams)... I'd heard it used in hellopro groups prior to AKB adopting it (eg Saki has always been the captain of Berryz), I can't remember if earlier groups used it, but Momusu just had "leaders" like Yuko. I know pretty much nothing about the idol world pre-momusu so...

It also makes me wonder if the Japanese have given names to the different "eras" of the group. Like how Europe went through the Middle Ages, Renaissance etc... because the pre-shuffle AKB definitely went through different periods as well (pre-B, pre-K...).

12. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    ^
    Alright thanks the both of you for clarifying :3

Well I was just kinda wondering whether both sayaka and takamina has always been the leader figure in their respective teams or not...

What made me really think was reading back a translation of an interview with Yuko from Junon last year here by xxdelta.
    http://stage48.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38&start=3875#p307571

This part that was translated by xxdelta:
    Q: In AKB, during introductions, which member was the scariest to you? [18 year old high school student Succhon]
    Yuko: Probably Takamina. I didn’t really get a chance to speak to her properly when I first joined. But I remember in Team K’s first performance, Takamina was one of the guests there and when she entered the room, a lot of the audience stood up to greet her. We were all speechless at her presence. Of course nowadays she is a close friend.

Yeahh that really got me thinking cause it was only K's first performance...Speaking of Yuko's reaction to her...being speechless at her presence and all...we all definitely know takamina wasn't the official team A captain way back then...but to command respect like that...she certainly must have been someone really prominent. Either that or she's just oozing with charisma XD Or they were just showing respect to her, being "a senior" of sorts to Team K cause she's from Team A.

Speaking of which if it were K's 1st perf, that means Takamina was probably only like about 14 at that time? LOL. Takamina as a scary 14-year-old...HMM haha

13. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Yeah - I'm used to "leader" as a reference going back a long time. Captain does seem a bit new. Would love to see if someone can dig up more information. Maybe it's something used in dancing troupes?

14. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Most Johnny's groups have leaders too.
    For example Arashi's leader is Ono-kun, Tokio's leader is Joshima etc.

15. oddball

oddball Member

Well I don't think there were offical Team Captains until the re-shuffle at Budokan and I think they were called capatains because the lead teams and very team has a Captain (like in sport) where as groups have leaders.

16. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

I don't think it's really strange for them to be called Captains. It was mentioned by someone else, but captains are used in sports terms, and even though they are not playing sports, AKB are divided into TEAMS. Each teams has to have it's own Captain to lead them. I you think of the group as a team, working together to create the whole of the group, than having a captain would be better than a leader. I'm not saying a leader does anything less than a captain, not true at all, they have similar responsibilities.

And I also wanted to add, Shimizu Saki from Berryz Koubou was brought up because they call her Captain. Her name as captain was just pure coincidence. It was not given to her as an official title. She proved early on that she was the leader of Berryz and they started calling her captain and the name stuck. Her name as Captain is more like a nickname that turned into a title. Takamin, Yukirin and Akimoto were given official titles of captain in AKB.

Kay

17. caedus

caedus Kenkyuusei

Acchan said team A and K used to be rivals. So I guess, maybe Takamina appeared to be unapproachable and scary that day. Not to mention she was attending K's 1st stage which was also team A's 1st stage. And she is their senpai.
    But yeah, probably the old fans might be able explain how Takamina and Sayaka came to be the unofficial captains back then.

18. microsheep

microsheep Kenkyuusei

HEY.

I forgot to ask this earlier but around Oku Manami's graduation there was an entry that Mayuyu blogged and she talked about Maachan and that she had met her during Team K's auditions for the first time. So erm, did Mayu try to get into AKB before team B?

19. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

^Yep, she auditioned for second generation (Team K) and got rejected. I think Aki-p talked about it before too, he said it's because she had braces....

20. biheart

biheart Kenkyuusei

^ are there more cases of member who initially got rejected when auditioning for AKB? I only read about some of them applying for Hello Project but not passing the audtions.