1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Yeah, you're right, of course. That's the main reason I usually always use eBay. I almost always have to pay more for every purchase but everything is always in English, so I don't have to feel so inadequate when trying to deal with a foreign language.The problem is that you can't pre-order anything on eBay.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I find that Google translate is good enough for Amazon.co.jp and the prices are usually less, the postage is reasonable enough and pretty quick. I've used HMV.co.jp as well but the website is pretty clunky imo.

CDJapan's website is in English and I know a bunch of people here use them, I've bought a couple of photobooks from them in the past, ditto for yesasia.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    get with the times .. nowadays you can use non ascii characters in domain names
    and the trouble we may have with reading Hanguil, Kanji, Hiragana, Katana, Cyrillic, Greek etc? ... well, those people will have the same problems with ascii, and in Western Europe we have things like diacritics or digraphs other languages don't have (and ascii doesn't as well, as the 'a' in ascii stands for?)

4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Amazon.co.jp also gives you an English option, so you don't need to use google.

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 7.29.44 AM.png
    Here is the page linked in my previous post to Maiyan's photo book. Note the EN over the icon of the world at the top. This is Safari, so no google auto-translate.

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 7.32.54 AM.png

5. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Because it always looks like a dog's breakfast when you look at the encoded string. If you just click on links that might be fine, but try to do something simple like inserting it into an email and you have to think about that the encoding of the rest has to match the encoding of the url. Same with files.

Personally I don't see a need to do this on a site with a content management system in the background which works with IDs anyways.

6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    So you object to something you can't read but is perfectly readable for the target audience ... but a randomly generated string is ok?
    I'm tempted to say "check your privilege"

and I don't know about your email program, but mine handles other character sets just fine.
    The times operating systems could only handle one character encoding are luckily long gone.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  7. Puni

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Character encoding is as much as a problem today as it has always been.
    As long as you stay in your application and handle strings by a consistent encoding everything is fine. But leave these boundaries and it's anybody's guess what happens.Your best way of guaranteeing that a string gets decoded correctly is if you only allow a specific encoding over your interface or you state which encoding you are using (what XML does, though it doesn't guarantee that the encoding is consistent).

Actually what you see in your URL bar isn't what is transmitted over the line. That's your browser doing an auto de- / encode. What happens there is that non-ASCII characters are (hopefully) displayed correctly but in the background they are stored as hex numbers indicted by a %. AFAIK UTF-8 is used there.
    Now, if you insert some text containing hex values your browser will try to parse these into a human readable character. But this will only work correctly if the hex value's codepage and the browser expectations match.
    Same the other way round. Copy text from your URL bar into some other file. In the best case encoding and decoding will match and you end up with something human readable.
    If not you'll get only %hex values at best, or some gibberish, or control characters. Or have a look at the output of a protocol monitor. That might also end up being difficult to read.

Also your fontmap has to support that character in the first place, or you'll might only see a lot of question marks inside a caret or boxes, even if the decoding is correct.

Character encoding often causes headaches when you have to keep interoperability in mind, so my preferred way of dealing with it is keeping it simple for as long as possible, and that usually is 'try to stick with ascii'.
    If the whole world would decide that from now on all of us have to use just this one codepage I would be more than happy, but unfortunately this won't happen. Also it would mean that we would deprecate a lot legacy systems that can't support this.

That's not even passive aggressive anymore.
    Edit: And it doesn't even apply. My native language isn't (completely) covered by the ASCII codepage.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    why not just try to stick with UTF-8 ... problem solved

it's not passive aggressive... period

9. Puni

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    If it only were so.
    UTF-8 has its own set of pros and cons. See
    There are legitimate reasons why somebody would instead choose UTF-16 or even 32. And that's without somebody stating he still needs support for CP-1258.

I wouldn't want to moderate a panel where we put every relevant IT guy this world has into one room, and try to decide which codepage should now exclusively be used until the end of mankind.
    Mainly because I'm not sure if I'd make it out alive and because you now have created the task of converting all the data that has been amassed until now and might still be used.

And this describes pretty good how this is handled anyways.

That finalizes my remarks about the wonders of character encoding in IT systems, since i think the rest is pretty bored now.

10. 3jinooyatsuwa

3jinooyatsuwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Thank you both!! It was at 7eleven so I just showed the email to the cashier and she gave me the ticket, so problem at all and no need to be fluent in japanese either hehe. Let's hope everything goes well in the concert tomorrow! :lol:

11. soluuloi

soluuloi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Is it me or Oku never actually interested in the whole idol stuff? She looks dead whenever she appeared on variety shows or live stage. It seems like she didnt even try to act "enthusiastic".

12. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I have a question to someone who both understand japanese and have the DVD-box of Tandoku Request Hour 2016. You might don't know it but Akicha was punished a bit from summer 2013 and until her graduation. I think it was because of a "silent" scandal with an indonesian student. It led to no participating in any single senbatsu, but undergirls was ok, but also a lot of restictions in concerts. No MC, not subbing in other senbatsu but particpating in her own senbatsu was ok. This led to some comical situations at this RH. Management had problem filling the senbatsu in some cases and at the same time the 13th most popular member in AKB48 was sitting in the background doing nothing. AKB48 in a nutshell.

To my question. In the first DVD about 1 hour there is a MC with Yuihan and 3 other. Akicha and Shiichan is sitting in the background talking with each other. Suddenly Yuihan is saying something and turn around and is looking up to Akicha and Shiichan, and we also got a closeup of those two. What was that about? I wonder because the other girls must of course have been aware of the punish but had to keep quite about it.

13. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

Sorry for the late reply this thread didnt pop up in my notification.

To answer your question is as simple as PARURU

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

14. AirWIng

AirWIng Kenkyuusei

wow.. u need to ask a really old member of this forum. i believe they're not online anymore though

15. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I have seen the pattern lately. Regarding the Indonesian student it was something I read in a note in a paper at the time Akicha was graduating. It was just a rumour but it suits in the pattern. Something happen to her appearings during summer 2013. Before that time both MC:s and unit songs in most concerts. In 5 Big Dome Concert Tour 2013, 11 concerts, she only had 1 unit song, in Sapporo, and none MC. Then it kept on the same in every concert, no unit songs and no MC, until August 2015 when she was in 1 MC and 1 unit song, Fan Letter. Regarding 5 Big Dome Tour even HRP thought it was strange. Her last Single Senbatsu ever was Sayonara Crawl in spring 2013. It looks like they were trying to push her into the background. But not at the Theater, in Team B she was ok. You have to follow her closely to see the pattern. Why didn't AKB/AKS say something? As usual they are useless in communication with the fans, except for good news. Why didn't she graduate before? She said something to a reporter, or if the reporter overheard it, just when she had announced her graduation that "finally the contract has expired". Maybe there was a contract between her, Watanabe production and AKS that prevent her from graduation and them from firing her? My speculation, but note it was 2 years between 5 Big Dome Tour and the concert in August 2015. The same period Milky was silent after her graduation. Normal contract period?

16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I think you mean 'I have seen the pattern recently'
    (to me your sentence implies it happened recently, while you probably mean you saw the pattern recently)
    but to be honest .. that's a lot of speculation and conjecture
    if this happened in 2013, why did the same thing not happen to for instance Miichan and Sasshii (or even Yukirin), management could just as easily have wrecked their careers or at least have put them on ice (the Germans have a good word for it 'Kaltgestellt' the French would use 'Limoger')

(btw I'm pretty sure someone here is going to say 'it was the fans preventing that' and that might be a valid point)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Just speculation but I figured it was because Akicha was probably a bit of a diva behind the scenes and difficult to deal with.

Also her popularity seemed to ebb away at the same speed as AKB's indicating that her popularity was due to intrinsically to the success of AKB and not really anything to do with her (Sasshi on the other hand vastly increased her popularity during the same time and Miichan at least maintained hers), the fact that Watanabe entertainment dropped her like a hot rock the millisecond she graduated from AKB would go along with that.

On the subject of "silent punishments" though, I suppose Murashige was frozen out of HKT activities for about a year after she was seen talking to a Johnny's Jr before she was rehabilitated.

18. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    You are right, my English is not perfect. Speculations? Yes, but there is a lot of facts. The lack of concerts MC:s, unit songs and Single senbatsu. Compared to the situation before. For example AKB48 Super Festival at Nissan Stadium where she was in a unit song, one of 22 girls in a unit song. Miichan? Maybe the difference of belonging to 6th gen compared to 1st gen. Sasshi I don't know. One curious thing is the AKB48 and JKT48 concert in Februar 2015. 15 members from AKB48 but no Akicha, although she was popular during the time she was in JKT48 and she also liked it. Nozawa Rena was there. I might think that a lot of JKT48 fans was dissatisfied. Maybe she was so disappointed with Watanabe Productions during this period that she decided to leave them at the graduation. I remember her agent was worried about her future. But there was no problems.

Edit: I checked In Akicha's thread around when she announed her graduation and found my post about the contract: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-takajo-aki-akicha.1410/page-298#post-1131656
    Maybe it was in the same artikel they were talking about the Indonesian student. The artikel itself is gone.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

ññññ not the Akicha conspiracy theories making a comeback in 2019. When will LOONA?!?!?

Akicha was simply not that popular in the grand scheme of things.
    When all the SG groups had their own share of new blood + AKB was in the middle of their regeneration, pushing for her, Mocchi and the likes would have been a dead end.

Kitarie was the only one who got out of that hole because she placed all her bets in NGT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Basically she got Myao'd :awesome: