1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 Request Hour Set List Best 200 2014

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ithebigc, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

^ Erm... Among all the AKB groups, they have more than 900 songs, IIRC... a Top 200 isn't that "non-sense".
    And it being at Kojiharu's hometown means nothing. Mariko graduated in her hometown and I doubt the fans complained.

Well, the setlist will be much more interesting from 200 to 101, IMO. If we see what ranked last year, then we can suppose we'll see performed songs that we haven't seen in a while (here it's a list of the Top 200 of 2012).

And maybe that's also the reason why a Unit Matsuri hasn't been announced. The units and solos can easily be 100 songs, so maybe they want the concerts to be as varied as possible (since one is going to be pretty big).

2. Kamen Knight

Kamen Knight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    ^
    it's certain already that songs from soloist and sub units can't be voted, isn't it? I thought I hear it somewhere saying that.

Like what Mayuyusuki has said, fans perhaps won't get so excited about the ranks of the songs but I think it will still be exciting anyway. Fans can see many old songs which haven't been performed for a long time, or maybe coupling songs which haven never been performed even once. Old fans get their nostalgia moment and new fans can discover many new songs they haven't seen. Pretty cool right?

3. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    800? where did you get that info can I see it? or a link or something. 200 is non-sense imo. thats too much.why would it be counted if it only have like 35 votes or lower than that. announcing graduation and graduating is very different. like I said it's her hometown fans. she won't disappoint them.

4. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    I posted earlier in the thread, they've already stated that Unit and Solo songs are not eligible for Request Hour 2014.

With rare exceptions, concert ticket lotteries are usually 2-3 weeks in advance. Theater tickets and concert entries are not linked, you could win one, both, or neither.

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Ops, then nothing. :XD:
    Then I hope we get another Unit Matsuri... but I kind of wish they'd let the fans vote on those too. :(

I just went on to STUDIO48 and did a quick count. :^^;:

If the units and solos can't be voted, that's around 200 songs (some are versions of AKB songs, so it must be less than that), but there are still 600 or 700 songs (because there are many versions of many songs) among AKB, SKE, NMB, etc.

Really, we get like 30 songs from AKB just in singles every year... + the sister groups, + aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the stages + albums... it isn't impossible having in mind everything they release. :^^;:

6. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I wanna see Kinmokusei being performed, but it would be awkward performing it. [wonder]
    Imaging them playing the PV because it never got performed.

200 songs sound awesome!! I finally get to see some old songs being performed.

7. Kamen Knight

Kamen Knight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    SKE48 alone has 165 songs eligible to be voted. Add all songs in AKB48 singles, NMB48 singles, AKB48 stages which haven't been revived by SKE, two Team Surprise stages and 200 won't be such a big number anymore. Just a rough calculation, but I think they have about 555 songs to be voted, ah, if we added Team N and Team S new stages it will be 587. And I haven't even counted the songs in 34th single.

Edit: I forget the albums. So I guess we'll get more than 600 songs in next year's RH.

8. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    It is true, there are ~900 songs in the 48 Group.

[​IMG]

This is a screenshot from Studio Park Kara Konnichiwa 131003.

Let's just say that certain members are quick on their opinion without confirming or knowing the facts. [hehe]

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

^ Well, I didn't count JKT and SNH cause they're mainly covers, and I'm sure I already counted some songs many times in singles and albums to do it quicker. :XD:

But still, with Heart Ereki, Kamonegiksu, Melon Juice, next SKE single, Janken single... maybe that's enough for the 900? lol

I guess the new stages are out of this, right? Sorry, cannot check with the web. :^^;:

10. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    ^it is a real tough job translating songs into another language. I mean the melody and rhythm is already fixed and you have to put the same meaning into that other language without destroying the rhythm (I think it is called metre), that must be tough.

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, I know, but those won't be elegible to vote, so... it doesn't really matter in this matter, does it? :^^;:

Also, I think I remember... Taker? MidoriHime? Someone saying that the Heavy Rotation lyrics were pretty bad in Mandarin. Like translated with Google or something. :XD:

12. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I have a feeling Oscar's comment wasn't aimed at you. [hehe]

Frankly, I am really happy to hear that 200 songs will represented in the 2014 edition. So many great songs do not get voted in because the very top (especially Top 25) is dominated by the beloved songs of the casual fans and power-voted songs. This year we should see the resurrection some old stage classics again. To me that is the best news of all. So many awesome old songs have been lost to the "songs du jour" that get high votes in their year of release, only to fall hard one year later. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to find 200-101 a lot more intriguing than 25-1.

BTW...Am I really seeing people complaining about SKE/NMB/HKT songs being included? Really??? Jeez, it never ends :fp:

Anyway, not too worried about the girls either. As many have pointed out the members have a lot of down-time, even in a single concert. Not to mention these days most of the concert setlists have been close to 40 songs anyway. So 100 in a day isn't as big of a stretch as one might think. What we might see is a lot of shuffles from the original lineups. So just because a particular member might normally appear in a song, they might not necessarily appear this time around.

As a fan, I cringe at the thought of sitting through a 6-hour+ concert. Then again, I did sit through Nissan Stadium, which was close to six hours. So again, not too bad. It's funny, just hours before this announcement I had said to Tensai that the Setlist concerts were getting stale. :D Once again, good job by management keeping the conversation going. AKB48 is the best ongoing "drama" ever!!!

13. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Expect songs from sister groups to be available for nomination. Aki-p mentioned something in the past that he considers all the groups part of AKB so get used to having the sister groups as part of AKB48's concerts unless specifically stated. [aup]

It would be nice to Only have AKB48 songs but that's probably not going to happen as the current trend is to have basically all the groups (except maybe SNH48) in the AKB concerts. SKE48 already has its own separate event so AKB48 should participate in SKE48's event! :XD:

Hopefully, NMB48 will have its own event.

I would love to see "classic" AKB48 songs that haven't been heard for a long time appear. But there's so many songs from all the groups that it'll be up to the fans to decide and vote them in.

IMHO, I think that the 3 recent graduates may be back If the fans voted for their songs so we may or may not see Mariko, Tomochin and Sayaka return for at least for 1 song each. Wonder if any fans will vote for any Acchan songs? [wonder]

Also wondering how long the final day concert will be considering it's 100 songs? :yikes:
    25 songs already take about 1 1/2 to 2 hours so we're looking at half a days worth of performances. Will the girls survive?! [think]

It'll be interesting to see what the songs will be when the concert finally rolls around early next year. Please vote back the Classics! [rock]

14. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
  15. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Maybe they'll cut down on MCs to make it a bit shorter? But then, the MCs are a nice break from song after song... hmm...

This is super interesting and exciting. I wonder if they'll live stream all of the concerts. I sure hope so. Last year it was so much fun watching it live.

I hope there are big surprises this time, like Kiseki wa Ma ni Awanai ranking #2 last year. :)

16. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

So is it possible to vote for say HKT's or AKB's theatre versions of Glory Days, or is it stictly only SKE's?

Not gonna happen, but it would be hilarious if all the fans voted from like 175 songs :^^;:

17. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

It's not as bad as Google translate. Rather it just sounds like it's done by someone whose Chinese is just beginner level. The sentences are ended in really awkward ways that will make any native speaker raise an eyebrow. It's unfortunate because Chinese fan groups have been making much better translations for years.

18. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Awesome, 200 songs. But I feel like there's going to be a huge disconnect within the overall setup here. It's supposed to be a countdown that steadily builds up to a pinnacle moment but with the first half in January and the second half a happening a full 3 months later and blowing a whole 100 songs at once, it seems like it'll kind of lose its steam instead of gain it in the interim wait. But it's something different, that's for sure... and that's one way to get rid of the MCs that Aki-P was so unhappy with last year... :D

I'm pretty sure that Koi suru Fortune Cookie is the obvious #1 this time around. I would put good money on it.

I wonder how they are going to handle graduation songs like Yume no Kawa this time around. It's so cringe-worthy to watch the remaining girls sing along with a VTR of old concert footage. It would be even worse to bring the graduated girls back to sing those songs again. The moment's over. The songs are great and I love listening to them, but I really feel like they shouldn't be performed anymore. Sad as it is, it just seems wrong. Yet I doubt they will make those songs ineligible and I'm pretty sure all of them will rank if it's a top 200, sooo....

19. 3Liger2000

3Liger2000 Kenkyuusei

it looks like someone from saitama will graduate....
    i wonder who is it!? [wonder]

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Well, if Kojiharu announces that she's leaving before the voting starts (in Kouhaku ala Kasai?), we'd already know what song would be 1st. [hehe]

They are rally paving the path for her, but will she agree to walk it? [aup]