1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio AKB48 SHOW! (2013/10/05 - 2019/03/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Asheron, Sep 7, 2013.

1. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Hmm. Just watched it and I have to say most of the parts are really interesting :D
    Other than the history lesson of course, the story's already been told in so many different shows, why repeat it again?

BTW, here's the YT video:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJpwZssnYTY[/yt]

2. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    ^ Let's assume this show's viewer target is general audience, which of course has no idea what AKB48 is aside from the fact that it is an idol group. Also, the newer fans will also have easier time to learn the basic of the group without having to surf on the internet too much.

I gotta say I appreciate the live singing, haha, regardless of the quality. Although I'd wish the graduate members who are above-average singers to come back lol. :^^;:

3. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

What may seem like trivial knowledge to longtime fans may still be new to a lot of people. Besides, I love how they give the history lessons this time: by having some weird American (?) professor teach it to his students. I thought it was freaking hilarious when he was like "And now I will share a treasured video of mine" and it cuts to Nishino Miki's report :XD:. Professor, I applaud you in your honesty with your interests [rock] .

And I love the producer for giving Takeuchi Miyu a spot to do Shonichi. I wonder if it's because we spammed refresh on that youtube video a lot, or if the producer is just a really great fan. Regardless, I am so looking forward to the next episode.

4. Asheron

Asheron Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    asheron02
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  5. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Full Episode on youku:

[youku]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjIwNjU0OTEy.html[/youku]

Dazai Osamu wo Yonda ka? will be in the next episode, and it'll be the dome tour version with everyone on an instrument! I freaking love the producer of this show... :worthy:

6. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I personally love this show more and more, this is probably that Kayo Kyooku should have be or something similar to it instead of having AKB as regular on hinadan doing nothing and try to be an M-stat clone that failed to get top frontline talent.

BTW, anyone noticed that most of the song so far are the "complete" version not the usual short version on TV or even in recent concerts... :XD:

And while I was hope this would be more than just konto + singing show, I can't denied that 2 episodes in, the format is working great. Now the question is rating though on the flip side, NHK usually isn't as pressured on rating as other 4 major network since it's basically the U.S. equivalent of PBS.

And just to add in a bit to last week conversation on group history. I personally think it makes perfect sense. The biggest reason they have trouble keeping high rating in golden slot was because a they aren't accessible not to mention AKB is at a point were new fans are hard to come by especially with continued pressure from Momoclo, resurgence of Momusu, and even Nogizaka 46 is making their push despite being like a lost step child of Aki-P.

Momoclo has their guerilla type promotion and they gain their experiences there, Momusu continues to be the elite talent that trains until they are ready to perform and doing promotion. But of the three I'm recently most impressed with Nogizaka.

I'm actually think that Sony has being pretty methodical with Nogizaka's growth compare to their early AKB days. It's especially noticeable with their main show Nogizakatte Doko? While they don't have theater and neither do Guerilla promotions like Momoclo they consistently gaining their experience in that one show they have and that show isn't even broadcast on national network. They does live studio and even sings medley from classic famous songs under Sony's label and getting consistent top talents as guests in more talk show format and and as result in past year and half you see a huge difference in girls variety and talking ability. Not to mention a lot of their girl also have more the the usual idol-level skills and the show consistently remind you of.

Back to ABK, what AKB lack right now is not growth show, they have enough of them. Shows like AKBingo are fun, but unless you are already fans really won''t watch them, and even if you watch them, for casual viewer those are still inferior scaled down variety that other shows feature similar segment with top comedians that executes better.

This show is easily accessible, and show AKB's main strength with konto and stage song and singles with complex formation changes. Besides, giving lessons and educating viewer is the one thing that NHK is the best at among the 5 major national network. :hehe:

7. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

After watching the first episode I was impressed. The history thing is kind of useless to fans of the show but I'm sure it will be useful to people who don't really know what the deal is. I have to wonder how many people who don't know what the deal is would even watch this show, however.

History segment aside, it feels like such a fresh show. Live or semi-live singing performances is a great plus. I've said it before but I absolutely love the "forgotten songs" aspect of the show, and the fact they perform whole songs instead of short versions is spectacular. The skits in AKB Show are funnier than the ones in the current season of Bimyo or whatever it's called right now. And to top it off, you really get a sense in this show of each and every girl who appears getting some face time and focus.

8. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I think it's pretty safe to say that this show wasn't exactly aim toward fans both of it being on NHK and the time slot it got. Like I said, NHK is basically PBS in U.S. it's full of informational and educational shows even their variety to gearing toward more of an quiz variety shows or shows with some innovative ideas like Shibuya Deep A with it's live participation. And simply by being a 11:30 PM show, it has even better time than AKBingo that airs on 1:00AM.

It also bodes well that Saturday night slot has traditionally being weak slot and the lead in for AKB48 Show are bunches of short 15min shows featuring various stuff from music phtography which means that if the show can do even modestly well it might even be moved up.

Simply put this is as close to a gold time show as AKB is going to get after modest rating and cancellation of Naruhodo High/Gachi Gase and abysmal rating of Kayo Kyoku and could pave a way for them to return to gold time slot.

9. Silenka

Yeah but I just feel like AKB would be something that's shoved in everyone's faces all the time and thus the majority of people would have already formed an opinion on it. Kind of like pop groups anywhere - I sure as fuck wouldn't watch a show about Justin Bieber or One Direction no matter what kind of timeslot it got on whichever channel. I'm sure not saying that AKB is bad but it's in a comparable situation where it's popular enough that pretty much everyone knows about it at least a little bit already; enough for people, who tend to quickly pass judgment on things, to already have decided whether they'd watch a show called AKB48 Show or not.

10. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    I see. Knowing this, both the concept of the show and this general sort of classroom experience I get with this whole show, make much more sense. Thank you.

By the way, AKB Show is broadcast on NHK World Premium, which is receivable all over the world.
    The airing time changes weekly, but it is always rebroadcast at 2:00~2:29 JST.

https://plus.google.com/106815516341285 ... MRhMs3ZXNr
    NHK schedule:
    http://nhkworldpremium.com/program/week ... false&c=26

this one right?
    111106 AKB48 Nemousu TV Special ~Australia no Hihou wo Sagase!
    can somebody reseed it please?

11. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48
    I still don't get the need for the first segment though. It was more of an informational advertisement for NHK itself...

I really like the Janken Taikai special footage since these kinds of behind the scenes footage are really very raw and are key elements of the whole tournament itself. At least we didn't have to wait a whole 6 months for the DVD/BD to come out to watch it :D I wonder what they'd put in place of this segment next week [shock]

The history lesson... Why did the teacher write 'Team' in Japanese even though the class was conducted in English :fp:

Here's this week's episode on YT:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2wg26OwuII[/yt]

12. Silenka

I really don't think those "classes" are real lol. I think they rounded up some foreigners and gave them a script. There's the usual Japanese pandering present in the skits. For example in the one in the first episode, one of the white guys (generally portrayed in Japanese media as kind of dumb) answers the teacher's questions all wrong while the oriental-looking girl (the consummate hero among a group of foreigners) answers them all correctly. This is the best evidence it's a scripted segment but there's also that silly bit at the beginning where the professor tells them all to leave if they don't want to learn about AKB48 and they all get up as one to go out the door, that would never happen in a real classroom setting lol.

So being scripted for the show, the inclusion of writing that the target audience will understand, such as team in Japanese, is a no-brainer too.

I feel like that professor is familiar to me, though I don't know if/where I've seen him before. Anyone know if he's been in anything else?

13. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

@ arifer:

That I do agree, it does have some Konto element but seem to try to sell NHK. Though I guess that is marketing attempt from both side where NHK is also using AKB to try to reach Younger generation since that is also their weakest demographic and a huge reason they started inviting pop artists and best sellers on Kyohaku and features the popular trend.

@ Slienka (previous post)

While I agree with you on that crowd, I still think it's small minority. OK maybe not small but still minority. I mean there are still people in America who don't watch American Football and hates it but that don't stop NFL keep marketing they despite ridiculous high ratings of its games and Super Bowl.

The 20% rating average in this uear election and 32% peak during Sasshi's segment and Ricchan's 20+ % peak rating in Meichake AKB SP. In addition, both Naruhodo High and Gachi Gase has occasional rating spike that flirts with 10%, the problem was their can't hit that 10% line often enough. All this shows that the general viewers and interest are there, the question is finding the right mix for consistent viewing and attract casual viewer that is the real vast majority. We are not talking about turning anti into fan but regular people into wota.

Beside it also more accessible to younger viewers as well which is also important during the generational change period. Other group has already start to seriously marketing toward them and they are in fact the most crucial segment sustain success.

14. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

Nice to see Hirari!! It was so cute how the Team 4 girls were supporting her [clap] Miyu also did a lovely job with her piano and singing.

15. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Don't know if I actually have the raw saved, but here is a stream for that SP:

[youku]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzI3MDA5MTky.html[/youku]

16. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    I'm probably not the only one to feels like this program's skit always end abruptly ?
    You've got last week skit about OL that ends with the guy sulking by himself,
    this week skit where Sashi was still stuck at the counter with no hints of what happens after that.

17. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    Thanks a lot, Taker!

18. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I love this show now because I love how they perform full versions of songs, also the skits are funny. Kamonegix full version performance was awesome, better then the NMB theater performance! Also can't wait to see Utsukushii Inazuma full dance version to be performed!

19. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Am watching the show right now, the girls kicking it off with Party as their inaugural number (and rightly so, the first song performed back when they're all new at the theater). [clap]

Momentarily my heart sunk as I saw the blurred out faces.

I think it made sense enough to have a program like this, despite some people and critics who think the group is overrated, as there's the elderly who still don't have any idea what the AKB phenomenon is all about (and they ask the nurse, pointing to the screen, "Who are these nice girls?"), there's an international audience who tune into NHK Premium either for education or entertainment, and that network needed something to spice up their otherwise staid Saturday schedule and want to pull in a wider demographic.

(As I recall, earlier the 0048 anime tried to reach a different target audience -- the anime fans -- with mixed results; domestically the show was a flop compared to Idolmaster and Love Live, but to an extent popular with foreign anime viewers, who became AKB fans in the process.)

TL;DR the show serves a purpose in which AKB has to knock out the general negative impression given out by the Heavy Rotation or the Seifuku PVs, and to repair the global PR damage caused by Miichan's public apology.

You ask me as a fan, my first impression with this show is that it's more interesting than the lower-tier serials and Korea-centric fare that Channel V and MTV Asia put out everyday.

20. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

Seifuku?! I really doubt a quite ordinary PV from 2007 has any relevance to the purpose of this programme.