AKB48 Team 8 (Idols who go meet you project x Toyota)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Trinu, Jan 23, 2014.

1. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    Re: [CONCERT] AKB48 Request Hour Set List Best 200 2014

Somebody up there in Toyota and AKS watched too much "Amachan" :wtf:

I think this gonna be like "Team Surprise" in term of hype, promotion, and marketing..
    that's it~

2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Translation: It's a brand new generation to where they can join the new team 8.

Sounds good, had a feeling there wasn't going to be a 47 member team. Wonder if some of the Kenkyuusei will be promoted and put on that team as well.

I'm guessing the Toyota sponsorship is for at least the auditions (transportation) giving the fact some of the prefectures are pretty far away. I'm sure there is other stuff with that sponsorship as well that will happen, but nothing wrong having the auditions sponsored by a big name company.

3. Neve

Neve Kenkyuusei

@DerKaiserZen It's a good comparison, but I think it'll be a bigger deal than that for those of us in Japan. I mean, for foreign fans, nobody will know or care about which prefectures they come from, so it'll feel a bit like the draft. But for those of us in Japan, we'll feel a much stronger sense of loyalty to the girl from our own prefecture, even for people who aren't into AKB48.

For example, for me, having lived in Tottori prefecture, my mind is already set on supporting the Tottori girl, whoever she is. People could get really into that, so from a publicity point of view, it might be a great idea.

I agree that we're introducing far too many girls, though. It's becoming impossible for even dedicated fans to keep track of who everyone is. Honestly, my favourite thing about Team 8 is that it means Team 4 is slightly more likely to be a permanent fixture. It'd be silly to have a Team 8 without a Team 4 [hehe]

Edit:
    Tottori's the best prefecture. Nobody dare suggest anything bad about Tottori :D

4. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

Aki-p have only accepted the bargain because it was 100% paid by Toyota. I even think Aki-p won't do a lot in the management of the new team, letting all the hard stuff to Toyota side, just helping them in the process. Maybe it wasn't even his idea.

i can't help but think Toyota is riding on the Amachan hype. 47 girls from all prefecture of Japan?

We had a discussion with french fans, and we pointed out that 48 management has already a hard time to handle the schedule of each groups, that led to a huge delay in Handshake events. It is common knowledge to everyone that AKB48 popularity is still high only thanks to handshake slots of popular sister group members.

It looks irresponsible from management to add again another whole bunch of newcomer and to believe they will eventually find a free spot. The girls are busy with theather performance during the week, and even their week end are taken out by huge and exhausting handshake events.

I hope for this collaboration between AKB and Toyota will be something closer to AKB team surprise rather than a huge long term project that team 4 is supposed to be. But if it's that case, the girls who will auditioning, will be washed away like tissues after the collaboration end.

I'm not positive about this, but oh well, it's not the end of the world.

5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

^^ That should be the best news about the Team 8 announcement. That it looks like Team 4 is here to stay and won't be gone by Tokyo Dome 2014 or 2015 (like how the first Team 4 was gone by Tokyo Dome 2012).

6. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42

Even though I don't love the whole idea, I have to agree with this. I'm in a pretty rural prefecture but one of the top girls is from here and she already gets a LOT of support because of that, especially in our biggest city where her picture is everywhere. I'm sure people would support a new girl from my area- I probably would, too.

I'm interested to see what'll happen with Team 4 now; I figured that they would be shuffled back in at some point, but now I'm not so sure.

7. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpbyibbO_74[/yt]

8. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01

Looking at the details provided here : http://www.akb48.co.jp/audition/

My speculation base on 2 points :
    1. All potential candidates are required to be able to reside at Tokyo after they are accepted.
    2. The audition is held in collaboration with each prefecture's tv station.

The first point made it easy for the management to absorb any talent that they wish in the future since there won't be any problem for them to resume their activities after the promotion campaign.

The second point made it possible for each prefecture's tv station to absorb the talent after the promotion campaign is over.

9. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka

Team 8 announced?! just when I thought AKB48 won't pull a shocking development this RH season.
    a full AKB48 teams. and what special about this Team 8 is one girl/member represent one prefectures?
    what a way to promote this audition when considering almost all AKB48 members did actually comes from different prefecture anyway.this will be like a audition reality show sponsored by Toyota.
    great marketing partnership. just like on Draft Kaigi where the future member will be already on the fans and public eye even before they debut.

so, now this happens even before the draft members could debut then isn't the draft members would be overshadow by the Team 8 girls?

10. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

It's hard to support a new member with this feeling, but is very possible that it will happen, especially if any of them become very popular really fast...maybe they can do like the Draft and make this girls pass some phases on a future audition.

Oh, I didn't mean anything bad haha I'm just saying that Tokyo (+ Osaka, Kanagawa etc.) will probably have much more competition than smaller prefectures (Like Tottori, Shimane etc.).

Usually this kind of "one person from each state/prefecture" varies on each region (So places with more competitors have more spots at the end and vice versa), but since they are doing "only one from each prefecture" things will get very competitive in some places :^^;:

11. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    If this thread looks a bit weird, it's because I've split most of the Team 8 stuff from the RH thread over to this one to keep both focused. It should all be good now.

12. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    I my opinion, this Toyota47 campaign can be pulled off even without creating a new team with new members. I mean, this campaign is all about promoting Toyota, right? And the method of promotion will be through national events where they will use Toyota vehicles as their means of transportation, right? Then why not just apply this campaign for the whole group? Or they could just create a sub-unit for it if they want to. But creating a new team... I think that's too much for this simple campaign. I mean, it's not that I hate their idea. I actually like their concept on this campaign. But creating a new team? They still have these draft members, not to mention that there are still a lot of KKS, so why not just get members from those departments?

Another issue is that will this be a life-time campaign? If not, then what will happen after this campaign ends? Will the new team 8 be a permanent team? Will it be a new sister group? Will they just be disbanded? Will they be distributed to other official teams?

But then, there's nothing I can to about it. It's here already. I'll just wish the best for it.

13. mayuoshi

mayuoshi Kenkyuusei

"auditions will be held in each of the 47 prefectures, and one name will be chosen."

Oshimen picked guys. Gotta be Iwate. Can't beat Shiosai no Memories. GMT5 foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr

All jokes aside... I really want this to be a CM one-off kind of thing and I'm sure a few others have that idea too but... What would happen to the girls afterward? After they all passed the audition and do their activities, they can't just be chucked off to the side and forgotten right? That would make me feel bad for those girls. So I figure Team 8 *COULD* stick around.

Also, this is a bit weird. If you do "Idols who come to meet you" it can be troublesome if they don't have a fanbase and this wouldn't be surprising if they were brand new. Be a bit strange if they showed up all "AKB Team 8 Desu~!" and the people were all "Lol who?" So the question is, how do you make people fans of hastily picked, inexperienced, brand new idols? The whole thing is dodgy.

In any case this just annoys me and it's right after Tsunku is doing his CM challenge so this whole thing is fishy. Another team would be a pain anyway.

They should have just made a sister group called Celica47 or something instead of doing it as a new team.

14. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Spot on! This is the reason why I would prefer this campaign to be pulled-off by a sub-unit of official 48G members instead.

15. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

How long is this campaign supposed to go on for? If it's long enough, then I can see that being an issue. However, if it's just one-off / temporary thing for Toyota, then it will probably work as some kind of Miss contest and people will just support their own prefecture's girl. If the cost is covered by Toyota, it won't matter much if the new Team 8 aren't as popular as other teams, as long as they generate enough buzz.

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Why would I want girls I know nothing about to come to see me? :^^;:

But then, I really doubt these girls will be tossed off once the campaign is done, so I bet some fans will be glad to meet them before they become something big, just as some are fans of the KKS and once they're promoted they move on to the next batch of newbies.

I was thinking they might scatter them around among the all the four groups after the campaign, but reading that they have to move to Tokyo... well, that is very draft-like. [hehe]
    I don't think they'd go through the trouble of promoting these new girls just to ignore them after. What will happen after... well:

- The campaign could go on. Just as they use G+, they could use Toyota to move around and Team 8 would be the specific team to go around visiting the fans.
    - Make them KKS.
    - Shuffle them into the rest of the teams like Team 4 was (along with Team 4?)

I kinda like the idea of having teams for every character in the name, but at the same time... having only A, K and B seems more organized lol

Oh, well. I guess we'll know more by the end of May... KKS concert again with Team 8's debut pretty please? :cute: :cute: :cute:

--

First time opening a thread! :^^;: lol

17. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

And we edge ever closer to realizing 0048, where the idols come to meet you...
    Thankfully, not because of an entertainment ban. Rather, because we have TOO MUCH entertainment, they'll try anything to stand out from the crowd :D

Yeah, go Tottori! :awesome:

Well, I'm in the camp who hopes Team 8 isn't a permanent thing. Do the project, take whichever girls you think would be great idols and merge them into the group proper, and then get rid of the team. Last thing we need is every group having a Team 4 and a Team 8, it's hard enough to sort them all out as it is.

18. Tris-chan

Tris-chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    I dunno how I feel about this other than "weird." I mean they were talking about Team 8 when Ori4 was made (in fact people were expecting it to be announced at Tokyo Dome...remember that?) but this is just oddly done. I mean I get it, marketing woo, more money for 48G woo, but this feels rushed and weird.

...That said I'm hoping for the appearance of a few former draft candidates (MIZUTA AKIRA WUZ ROBBED!!)

19. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    They must have prepared for this campaign for a while. All 47 TV stations from 47 prefectures already have the audition page up on their websites. This is serious business, not just for AKB but for other partners as well.
    I personally will look forward to the new team 8 but we'll have to wait for half a year to see them in action :fp:

20. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

I think the best option to do after Toyota is out is to shuffle them to other teams. And then please stop adding too much members and make everything organized (16 members per Team, 48 members overall) again. But I don't doubt that they will just throw them away (That was what happened to the DiVA backdancers, for example) lol

And I'm rooting for the girls from the countryside. Have a member from Tottori, Kochi, Tokushima, Toyama, Yamagata etc. (Prefectures that never had a ALL48 member) would be awesome :awesome:

YES! AND WITH ALL THE KKS THAT WERE THROWN AWAY IN KKS SELECTIONS!!111 :wall: \rage

Edit: I had to do this :hehe:
    [​IMG]