1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48's 13th Anniversary Show (2018/12/08)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Ah that's probably it, I haven't watched as many Team B stages as much others. Well that's good to know, thanks.

2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    didn't expect miion to be the next captain
    moeka solo concert already wow

• Like Like x 2
  4. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I don't think it have been performed that much compared to others actually :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Tk-Tonkla

Tk-Tonkla Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Congrats to KKS that got a promotion.:banana:
    Personally, I expected the number of promoted members are more than 5.:^^;:
    but judge from announcement of KKS concert on 13/1
    maybe some of them got a promotion after the concert end.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    This day last year we argue about double dipping don't we. And now we will have the team concerts again. Turns out the decision is a good one.

^ not likely I think. But now I am waiting what surprise announcement they have in their sleeves for that many concerts.

7. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    So when will Miion officially be soukantoku?

8. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    STOP! Who said that only true AKB girl could be Soukantoku? I prefer Kojima Karin or Nishigata Marina! Both could be part of AKB sembatsu

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. DavidBuenafuente

DavidBuenafuente Kenkyuusei

When she is ready and yuihan thinks she can be one without her

10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I suppose the MOTHERship has to stay in command in a way or another.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  11. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    I am not sure why people keep saying Nana or Juri would be the next Soukantoku? :blink:

Jurina has been in the group for more than 10 years, she deserves to be the AKB Soukantoku than anyone else. :gavel:

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Dare to argue ?
    I wouldn't mind to read the reasonning behind this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    pssh, just don't mind the troll, they're everywhere :fear:

• Like Like x 3
  14. parubably

parubably Kenkyuusei

My thoughts on why Mion was chosen:

Why it’s not Juri:
    Mion’s most likely gonna stay in the group for a longer time. Juri’s been here for almost 8 years while Mion’s in the group for only 5.5 years. I think the fact that Juri’s most probably gonna graduate much earlier than Mion is an important factor? They can’t possibly train up a Soutantoku for her to run less than 2 years. If we compare to Yuihan’s situation, when she was appointed (2014 when it was announced), she had also been in the group for 5+ years, most of her 9th gen mates were still there. Right now, 12th gen is only left with 4 members. Furthermore, Juri participating in Produce48 might have been a tiny factor. Maybe management took her competitiveness in PD48 as a hint that she was not ALL set on being the soutantoku.

Why it’s not Naachan:
    my argument would be that she is
    (1) currently the highest ranked AKB member. My guess is that management wants to push her solely as the AKB ace, with the newer members behind. Furthermore if we’re looking from the viewpoint of member’s popularity and sales factor. Naachan isn’t the one who needs the “Soutantoku title” push. Years ago (2015) we predicted that Naachan would take this title while Mion would be the ace. However evidently Naachan overtook Mion’s popularity despite Mion having the greater push (at that time). Mion still has her momentum and is doing arguably well on her on, but this title can be a great push to her popularity.

(2) Naachan’s also very busy and dedicated to STU. We all know she’s really serious on building up STU and they might not want to take away such an important figure from STU too. Also if we look at the documentaries Naachan has done, especially with STU, we all know she’s quite an emotional person and is very open about it. I don’t recall Mion on the other hand being so. I’m not saying Naachan isn’t able to handle stress well but she’s a much more expressive person and that might have affected the decision on putting her as Soutantoku.

Why Mion:
    I’d say basically her dedication to AKB seen through that test and her announcing that Soutantoku is her goal. Other than that, I don’t think I keep up with her well enough to judge anything.
    Let’s say that Yuihan had quite a great say in this, maybe the past year of working in the same team as Mion has helped her in making this decision.
    Maybe Okabe was that bad of a captain and Mion helped her so much that convinced Yuihan!
    One thing that kinda shocked me is that Mion doesn’t really have any experience of being captain, she must’ve done something very impressive for them to put her in this position. Either way, I’m really happy she got what she wanted and hopefully she’ll do well.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  16. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    If those ten years is your sole reason ....

well .... Miichan, Yukirin, Shiichan, Sasshii and Myao would like a word with you (although I doubt any of them will want the position, but at least some of those have been captain, or co-captains)

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

The choice of soukantoku certainly will have to do not only with members' past behavior but also with their future plans.

Naachan physically couldn't take on so many roles at once - STU captain, most popular member/sometime center in AKB, plus her own solo work - so she's out.

Juri is a little more contentious, but I hesitate to think that she's out of the running because of participating in P48. Pretty sure Aki-P is in love with that Kpop x Jpop crossover idea so it's more likely to be seen as a positive than a negative within the management. From what I've seen of her interpersonal skills, the skills in empathy and big sister-ness that every soukantoku seems to have to have, Juri is somewhat lacking in that department. There's also her reaction at the SSK in regards to Riripon...it was very kneejerk and a bit shocking. I understand her feelings at that point but I think she exercised poor judgement voicing her opinion so harshly right away, so maybe she's also not being seen as a perfect PR person, which is soukantoku's other important job.

I'm not a fan of Mion's, but I think she'll do a good job as soukantoku, at least as far as skills the position requires. She has dedication to AKB and she can surely tame her emotions to give a good PR speech. I don't know much about her interpersonal interactions within the group, but I've never seen anything that bothers me (that I can remember lol). I think what's most shocking is the title is being handed over at all... has it really been that long? Feeling old today [hehe]

• Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    Nope.....she was doing something else

• Winner Winner x 3
  19. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Don't know where you got the setlists, but they are not correct. (this has been an issue with just about all setlists lately shared on S48, verify your data please folks)

These lineups were not all KKS. In fact M02 and M03 had the exact same lineups as M04-06

• Like Like x 1
  20. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Allow for rebuttal?
    1. The PD48 point wasn't as much thought as a punishment but rather perhaps the opportunity that proved to herself that "hey, I can actually do this!" outside the secure AKB sphere.
    2. Her inter-personal skills I would describe as different rather than lacking
      • This (twice now) team captain maintains wide and deep friendships (as far as social media can prove) so I doubt she lacks relationship building skills
      • Juri is remarkably driven as an individual and self-challenges to improve. The type that leads from the front and pulls everyone else along. She will tell you what she is thinking and pull your head in if it needs doing
        • Whether this fits in well with 48G management, sister groups and the members...that's what I supposed could've decided it. (She'll fit in just nicely where I come from)
    3. The jury is still out there about the Riripon speech and will always be. Your "poor judgement" is my "what really needed to be said at that time"

I do agree. Mion is a safe choice
    The question as always in politics is: "Who's going to benefit the most from this?"
    Only time will tell..

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 3