1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio AKBINGO! (2008/10/01 - 2019/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    To quote from The Empire Strikes Back: "Yoda, you seek Yoda!"

And seeking her I must.

She's really great, one of the best G3 members.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. kfr50866

kfr50866 Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
  3. Golgo13

Golgo13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Otani Emiri
    Keyakitte is godly.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I like the Ebisu Muscats show

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I personally really liked HKT vs NGT SashiKita Gassen, but considering NGT's current situation, dunno if you wanna watch that. That was the early beginnings of NGT though and HKT are amazing at variety in my opinion, and the games they played were really funny. My favourite part was when the girls went up against each other playing Tekken on the NES and they said Tomonaga Mio and Yamada Noe look very much alike, and if Mio lost she'd have to admit she looked like Noe (while Mio is considered more of a traditional idol, Noe is more of a variety idol and not known for looking pretty, so Mio is really quite in a situation).

I haven't touched the show or anything related to NGT in a very long time though so I'd understand if you didn't wanna watch it now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. dragonfrommars

dragonfrommars Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaaya
    are the ratings terrible or something? i think the show has been good lately, aside from those terrible kuro-chan episodes but i do admit there was like a 6month drop off point for me, somewhere between mid last year to early this year when the show got unwatchable.

but i think if they do get a new show, they need to focus on some different members, most of these girls they've been pushing aren't good at variety besides: Hama, Sento-kun & Komiyama (who's graduating)

in comparison to say, Nogizaka & Hinatazaka the girls they've been pushing lately really aren't that funny & some of them don't even have interesting characters.

my humble opinion atleast.

• Like Like x 1
  7. chuanki47

chuanki47 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I like Ariyoshi AKB, that show really fun and interesting and i get to know member even kenkyusei from that show. I think AKB need that kind of show as replacement of AKBINGO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Not sure about the ratings. It's a late night show so the ratings won't be great, but that should be the same for the expectations. I am sure we can check the ratings online, but I don't know where. Maybe someone here knows?

Regarding the second half of 2018 I think you missed some great episodes, it was really far away from being unwatchable.
    I don't know where exactly you start the second half, but the follwing episodes were great imho:

• 496, 497 AKB48 16th Generation Challenge Project - One of the few 16th gen centric episodes, I found it to be very funny. The challenges were good and nothing we see all the time plus they had some nice rewards for the girls.
    • 501, 502 I Will Act Seriously - Acting episodes are always fun, but this one had an even better format by dividing the members into categories and by having a great guest to judge them.
    • 508, 509 She's a good girl, isn't she?~ SP + AKBINGO! Regular Competition - It's a great cast, very different from the usual episodes as it focuses and all the member who ranked out in SSK. Very interesting and in the end they have some competitions to hand out golden cushions to make three members a regular for one season.
    • 510, 511 Nihongo Nadeshiko Battle - One of the best new games from the second era plus it has the same great cast from the previous episodes. The members are divided into Team Yukata and Team Hakata and battle each other in many different "Brain Training" games. Usually about the Japanese language but quite accessible for foreigners.
    • 512 AKB48 Unbelievable Gourmet - The first episode is imho really good, especially the part with the Spicy Squad who drag Rena along with them to torture her with their favorite spicy food.
    • 522, 523 Bucchake Baseball - If NNB is among the best new games of the new era, then this one is the very best. In fact it's so good it blows away most of the older games easily. The teams are giving different topics and need to tell funny and interesting stories in relation to this topic (usually something personal or about the other members they witnessed). They are then judged by Muramoto whether it's a miss, a hit or a homerun. Most stories are great and even if they're not usually Muramoto can salvage them.

One cool thing about a new show with a new director would be to see which members are going to be his/her favorite. [hehe]

Although I disagree here as well and think many of the regular members are good at variety, e.g. I think you missed Rin, Mion, Maho, Hatsuka, etc.

Btw. did I miss Komiyama's graduation announcement?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Excuse me, what?

• Like Like x 3
  10. dragonfrommars

dragonfrommars Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaaya
    lol, nah. she's not graduating (i don't think) i always confuse komiyama with kojimako who's graduating. but uh as for the other members you mentioned... here's my take on them

-my variety skills meter
    5/5: Always make me laugh -
    4/5: Often makes me laugh -
    3/5: Won't make me laugh but always livens thing ups -
    2/5: Occasionally livens things up -
    1/5: Completely boring, has no memorable moments -

based on the list of top 10 members with most appearances from earlier...
    5/5: Hama
    4/5: Kurumi, Komiyama
    3/5: Mion, Rin-chan, Utada
    2/5: Yui
    1/5: Mizuki (who???), Kubo, Maho, Shitao

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    I like Nogizaka and think they're good at variety, very few of their shows aren't enjoyable and the members are all likeable. I think, I haven't been following them for a little while. If you haven't watched any of their stuff before and are looking for something to take Bingos place (even though I refuse to believe it's ending, still) I think any Nogizaka show is a pretty easy recommendation. They have more devoted subbers too, I feel like.

The 46 groups in general I think are a rising sun that 48 used to be. Of course, they have the benefit of having launched off of 48's success. Imagine if all the 46 members had been 48 girls instead and if Aki-P could have put all of his efforts into AKB instead of splitting his time.

But, I'm not gonna switch groups again, done that a bit too many times. AKB or no more idols for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Golgo13

Golgo13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Otani Emiri
    Just get into all the idols. That way you'll never be hurt.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    That would certainly be more palatable lol, if I only had the energy or interest

• Like Like x 1
  14. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    thank you very much man... for this last 5 akbingo episodes i will see from google.drive (y) ... btw i cant watch 46 variety show after the "matsumura scandal" i cant even enjoy the songs after that scandal... Anyway im so angry with some people... im angry even with muramoto-sama... WHY HE DONT POST NOTHING ABOUT "AKBINGO END" IN HIS TWITTER??? the same for paradise!! for KIICHAN (I LOVE THAT GIRL) and macharin!!! are they angry or something???? somebody teach me to coment in 4channel... i gonna kick some 4ss3s there....

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Some note ahead of Thursday. I am currently on a business trip in South Korea and will only be able to work on the softsubs Thursday evening local time. So release will be probably like 20:00 - 21:00 Korean time, which is around 4-5 hours later than my usual schedule. This will be the case for the next four episodes. If that's too late than probably someone else can do the retiming. It's easy to do and without visual typesetting doesn't take long.

My comments on this ranking (of course everything is subjective, but I am just happy to discuss things, now that we have a lot of people here :)):

Mion is a professional and her variety is very professional, maybe too professional, so no surprises. I think 3/5 is fair.
    I take the low rankings for RinRin and Hattsu personally, you know! Rin is a genius like Hama and had such a steady rise every since she became a regular member. Hattsu is just a natural in variety and doesn't even need to say anything to be hilarious.

Kubo... well, I technically agree with the 1/5, but she is so derpy looking and always tries to be witty which makes her even derpier, that I think she deserves something better than a 1. Maybe check out episode 531 when she tries to "dis" Juri. :hehe:

Maho is quite good considering how new she is. I always thought she is fun, but I admit I might be biased due to her cute looks.
    SHitao is not great a variety, I agree, but at least she says some baka stuff so other members can react in a funny way. That's something at least.

Mizuki on the other hand... Well, at least she is a very nice and friendly girl. :^^;:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Just ignore 4chan... I feel like they are past the point of repair on that website. All a bunch of hate filled, entitled brats.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    there is a non-pc quote about arguing on the internet ... something related to the special Olympics ...
    but 4chan is a trolls' nest ... there is no way you can win debating morons like that

• Like Like x 1
  18. soluuloi

soluuloi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I am new fan but I have been watching Akbingo! (included previous shows) for the last few months. I am up to episode 350 and I have to say it's gradually worse and worse. New members are way too boring, too bland compared the previous generations. They lack...personality. When I first watched Akbingo! as short clips on youtube because of the weird youtube suggestion some years ago, even when I know absolutely nothing about Akb48, I can tell who is more funny and pick my favorite members. The episode where they bring in Rino and Minegishi to guide new AKB and HKT members the way of variety was a snore fest. They tried but the reactions of the girls were either too boring, too unnatural or overlap with the others. And boys, they didnt get any better.

I will stop at episode 395 since at this point, the only reason why I still watch Akbingo! is Bad Boys. I like the way they smack the girls. At least, they are still consistently funny. May be it's a right decision to end this show.

• Like Like x 1
  19. dxsmiled

dxsmiled Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    It actually gets better after 395, don't make the same mistake that I did, I put off watching akbingo after the MC change for a while because of net complaints against WRH. They are good at what they do, and you'll start noticing girls you didn't notice before while Bad Boys are the MC.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Agreed, there are some good and even great episodes after WRH took over. While I too loved the Bad Boys era, WRH does bring something different to the table. Personally I loved the One Week Challenge (Megu-tan's grace doing gymnastics is breathtaking) and the wink challenge with Paruru, Annin and others.

Any news on whether the final episode will be a final, big wrap up ep with possibly some favorites returning? AKBINGO was a landmark show after all.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2