TV / Radio AKBINGO! (2008/10/01 - 2019/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Sanjuro

Sanjuro Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    Otake Hitomi is so pretty.
    It's so depressing that the weekly AKBingo ended; I could have seen her every week :cry:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I like Otake Hitomi too... she is cute and hot!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Haxie

Haxie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Maeda Atsuko
    Why are there only 3 episodes? Does anyone know if there are more to come?

4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    The episodes are based on events taking place in AKB48's mobile game "Dobbon! Hitorijime" - for a couple of weeks, players can earn points towards their oshimen, and the girls with the most points will be participating in the episodes. The whole process takes ages, with filming and editing afterwards as well. As far as I know, they're currently continuing and there will be more episodes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    to be honest ... I understand why they do it like this, but on the other hand this is a a sort of feedback loop, only popular members will appear, so these member will get more popular, while in the original AKBingo once in a while new or lesser know members got the chance to appear and if they did well maybe appear more often.
    (supported by more well known and experienced members)

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    While this might sound true considering how they select the members, but it turns out quite balanced between popular (Naachan, Yuiri, Yuiyui, Berin, Zukki etc) and not-so-popular members (Harupyon, Otake, Hinana, etc) on every single episode. For example, Yukirin (we know how popular she is) never managed to get in the show, Mion also missed out the first time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Weeeeeeell... yes and no. It's true that the more popular you are the bigger the chances of you being one of the winners of the Dobon event. But... wasn't Kurosu there? And the top-3 are always Pyon, Senatan and Otake, with Pyon being the only whose sales improved considerably. You're not a popular member? You don't have many jobs? You want to be on TV? In that case play 18 hours a day for a month while streaming. It's almost certain you will make it. What else do you have to do? Spending your afternoons with your Johnny's boyfriend?

8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    While that might seem quite balanced, it really isn't. Popular members (or members with enough deep-pocket fans) get in. Members with absolutely nothing else to do but dobon get in. No one else has the faintest hope of a chance. The other big issue is that this lineup will stay mostly the same forever, barring graduations.

Also, I don't think you realise how much time Harupyon, Hinana, etc. had to waste on that game to get in.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    thats true... i wanna see kii-chan or sento-kun in the show!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    You're right to some degree, but also what Wlerin said... the unpopular members who get in are the ones who also spend basically the entire day playing the game by themselves. For one of the events, Hinana was quite high in rankings, but then caught COVID, couldn't play, and entirely dropped out.

There's many members who are unknown but won't make it on the show. I find it a shame because my oshimen never appeared on the original show, and I doubt she'll be able to make it on any NEO episodes :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    ^ this
    in the old format there may have been no clear rules why members were chosen for an AKBingo episode, but there was always a chance

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    For sure I know it very well. I have been playing everyday since the first day always using the gold pass, never even skipped a day, and still playing the same way until now. I know how many times I met Harupyon, Hinana and Toppachan (I actually oshi-ed Harupyon from this game), and I saw them regularly ranked top 10 or something in a minchare event, and even their SEC cards have been awaken (this one takes forever).

Yes for the popular members, but for the rest I'm quite sure some would change. I'm too lazy to check the fact, but I think ep 2 was the first for Hinana and Toppa, and ep 3 was the first for Senatan and Nagi, surely there were other first-timers too.

Anyway, all I tried to point out is that the end result is a good mix between popular and not-so-popular members, not about how the episodes consist of same members. But playing the game like the whole day in order to get a spot in a TV show sounds like a dedication to me, they are desperate to get in the show, so I think they deserve it. Other members wanting to get a spot might want to sacrifice their time to play the game too, the opportunity is open to anyone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    So which is it? Do you know how much time they had to sink into the game, or do you think this is actually an opportunity available to anyone? Because those are mutually exclusive. Very, very few members are going to be able to afford to spend that much time on Dobon, and it has nothing to do with a lack of "dedication".

14. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm really proud especially of Harupyon and Hinana, but not everyone has the time to do this - and I think they shouldn't have to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    So those who do not have enough time to play Dobon must be quite busy with their activities already, so imo they don't need it as much as those who can play Dobon regularly. And also, you don't actually need to play the whole day like Harupyon etc did, doing what they did gave them a top 3 rank, but playing more regularly might get them in.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    I mean, how busy is someone like Manami, Kyon, Satomina, Megumin, Seichan, Nonnon, etc.?

17. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'd say you have about 50 or so girls who are 'less known.' And then you have 2 positions for the show that are given to the girls who play the most Dobbon. I don't think these 48 other girls are busy enough to not deserve a spot on the show.

18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It seems like the rules might have changed for the most recent AKBINGO NEO contest, but I wasn't paying attention at the time so I don't know how exactly. At any rate there don't seem to have been two separate ranking lists (overall vs member) that time.

19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    From the official OUC48 channel

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  20. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    well... there is the part III of Muramoto in AKBINGO... I HOPE YOU LIKE THE VIDEO!!

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1