1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio AKBINGO! (2008/10/01 - 2019/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    Nice screens!! I agree with albus... Nozofisu seemingly looks the best :] Meetan coming in second!

Sorry, I can't create the gifs cause I have no possible way of getting the videos... I can't use torrent here :[ cause police will come over and screw my ass D:

2. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

QFT. She's sunk in bath of make-up.

3. delerium

delerium Kenkyuusei

4. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

^ Thank you delerium! I'll just use that for the screen caps.. though they may not be so big :[

5. Adam Sensei

Adam Sensei Kenkyuusei

What a fantastic episode! Everyone looked a million bucks, except I don't like Sayaka's hair that way, and Erepyon's new do continues to disappoint... :cry:

What was good about this was that a ton of girls got featured and they all got to do what they do best. Kojiharu: Ditzy, Meetan: Sexy, Mayu: :cute:, Sae: Goofy, Takamina: SUPREME GOOFBALL OF THE UNIVERSE, Nacchi: Funny, Nonti: HILARIOUS, Acchan: Perfect :rolleyes:.

Also: Sayaka's bit was EPIC. I mean... whoa... :shocku:

6. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    Best part of the show: SAYAKA'S IMITATION. <3 She's just... The best of the best of the best.

Most hilarious part: Sayaka-Mariko duo adn Nonti "almost" playing the ocarina. :rofl:

7. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

INNER BEAUTY PEOPLE! LET'S FOCUS ON THE INNER BEAUTY! :gavel:

But yeah, looks like I'm back to work...:p

Overview:

We have a new show! Atsuko and Harura first do the opening introductions before moving to the main segment: Akepedia (a wordplay based off of Wikipedia). It turns out the show now has viewership in the Nagoya area, so Sata and his buddy go on to introduce some tidbits of information about the girls - with a twist, of course. ;-)

The big board of information is divided into two halves - "Gaiyou" (or "Overview," as in an overview of the whole group) and "Member" (i.e. focus on some of the individual girls).

The first bit on the big board in the "Gaiyou" section explains how AKB48 was formed in 2005 with an unusually large number of girls, and their name has come to mean:

A = Akarukute! (Bright!)
    K = Kawaikute! (Cute!)
    B = Baba mo Iru! (With an Old Lady, too!)

The Bad Boys talk about how there are two girls who're on par with Kotooushuu (a Western Sumo Wrestler if I'm not mistaken). Kayo asks that other Bad Boy (goodness, I so suck with names :-() if he knows how disappointing it is to be called "Kotooushuu" by people you just meet, but that guy blurts out that it's the viewers who're even more disappointed. (There's gotta be some pop cultural reference there that I'm not aware of...:confused:)

The next bit on the board talks about how there are other people who've used "AKB" in their names prior to AKB48 forming:

- AKB Minyor, a Bulgarian B League soccer/football team
    - A band called "AKB" with a a lead singer who goes by the name "Akubii" (Sata even teases the girls by suggesting that they should be "Akubii 48")
    - A trio of baseball players on the Sebu Lions referred to as the "AKB Hou" or "AKB Artillery" (they're initials comes from the first letter of their last names); they were prominent in the late 80s and early 90s as "clean up" or "clean hitters." (Yuko asks if there really those baseball players from her father's time are really called "AKB." That guy not only confirms it but also figures her father was surprised to hear that she was joining AKB(48). Please say you see the humor in that. :p)

We then move on to the "Member" section where Sata mentions how the girls think believe that they're really a group of lovely idols, but that's really not the case. He then points out how some of the girls have made some..."silly" faces:

- Sae with her Antonio Inoki face
    - Haruna with her "something-stuck-between-her-back-teeth" face (Haruna, herself, even wonders if she really was trying to pick out something stuck between her back teeth :p)
    - Erena with her "calling-all-UFOs" face (I have no idea if either I'm translating that incorrectly or if I'm missing out on some sort of pop culture reference :confused:)

Moving along, Sata brings up some particularly strange "strong points" several of the girls have (and even whips out an "ankeeto" or "questionnaire" from the French word, "enquete" which means "questionnaire" B-)) to justify them:

- Sato Natsuki can go on forever eating salad (and ends up having to eat little bowls of wanka salad for the remainder of the episode - sorry, I don't know what wanko salad is :-()
    - Minegishi Minami is pretty good at "hayaguchi" or "tongue twisters" (though she ends up making mistakes during her challenge :p)
    - Shinoda Mariko can do "air ocarina" (kinda like air guitar but with an ocarina instead...*shrugs*)
    - Akimoto Sayaka can impersonate, Yutaka Ozaki, a famous Japanese singer
    - Maeda Atsuko can fold a small piece of paper into a crane (funny how she was asked to move to the side to finish her little crane :p)
    - Watanabe Mayu can draw Anago-san in 8 seconds (and it comes out pretty well, too)
    - Takahashi Minami can copy other people's drawings (though fails adorably at drawing Anago-san in 8 seconds like Mayu :p)

We take a short break to check up on Natsuki - turns out she ate 33 little bowls of that wanko salad (wow! :shock:). And then Atusko pops in, crying out load that she finished her little crane (and boy is that one tiny crane :p). That other guy asks if Natsuki's "strong point" is on par with Atsuko's, to which she replies that they're different. Then tells the cameraman to focus on Atsuko since Natsuki seems just too good for that (ouch! :XD:).

- (And back to the list) Megumi can do her "Gyuunyuu Sekken" (literally, "Milk Soap"...right :confused:), but turns out to be REALLY short (Megumi explains how she needs a special bit of her own or else she'd be in trouble in the entertainment world, so she came up with that - but that other guy points out that she'd soon become a stripper when all of this is over :XD:)

We then move over more progress on Megumi's solo project with first a review (again) of the events leading up to the challenge, followed by catching Megumi at a "kayba kura" or "cabaret club" (though not necessarily the same as the French or American varieties).

While Megumi's going over paperwork in the backroom with some of the other staff members, we hear a knock on the door - and in come the cavalry (Yuko, Nozomi, Yukari - YAY! :XD:). Megumi's shocked to find them there, and they explain that they came to help out with the PV (we even get to see a flashback of Yuko saying that she'd love to help Megumi out with her solo debut - what an awesome girl :blush:) - and of course, Megumi's ever so grateful. Mai then comes along a bit later to help out, too.

Megumi's both surprised and grateful, and explains how great AKB48 is to her.

After some preparations, the girls finally come out in full costume - as bar hostesses (ZOMG! :shock:). The go about filming through the night with some comments from some of the girls - Yukari comments how she and her "partner" look like an "oyako" or "parent and child" pair, while Megumi comments how Yuko looks so cute (QUOTE FOR TRUTH!!! :twisted:). By 12:20 in the morning (damn...looks like these girls have a late bedtime), filming wraps up. Megumi's really happy, feels powered up, and things that the members are just plain awesome.

There's a brief blurb about her CD and PV coming out on October 15, before we see her single performed again with clips from both the live studio performance and the official PV. From what I gather, the concept of the PV is that Megumi and the other girls play hostesses for a "kyaba kura," but she seems to have popularity troubles because she's so much (okay, a few years) older than the other girls - kinda like what she's had to deal with as real life idol, but in a more...risque (?) setting.

Afterwards, there're a few announcements:
    - AKB48's new single and official CD jacket cover
    - SKE48's upcoming love performance
    - Maeda Atsuko's movie coming out (didn't even know she was in movie...*ducks*)
    - Ono Erena's solo PB

And then a preview of the next episode before finally concluding.

Highlights:

- Yuko seems to be maturing each time I see her (y'all should know by now that I was going to plug in SOMETHING about Yuko :p)
    - Sae seems to be maturing, too
    - Sato Natsuki got some love! (I bet Rocket's jumping for joy about this one ;-))
    - Sayaka's karaoke bit pretty damn good - like, for serious
    - Maeda's got some pretty...long and slender fingers...
    - Looks like Mayu's maturing, too...(also, she got pretty fierce when she had to "compete" against Takahashi in the 8-second drawing challenge :shock:)
    - Mariko's air ocarina x3 :XD:
    - Noro's clever save at the end of that pass-around of the air ocarina at the end of the Akepedia segment
    - The way that guy drew up the "e konte" or "storyboard" for Megumi's PV was kinda cool
    - All those older men hanging out with the girls in the PV (how do you cast people for a PV like that without things feeling...awkward? :confused:)
    - That Jurina girl (that's her name, right? *ducks again*) on the cover of both CD jackets for "Oogoe Diamond"

Overall Opinion:

When I first saw this episode, I didn't it was that spectacular (I guess my expectations were a bit too high :confused:); but after watching it over again to type up this review, I have to say that this episode really grew on me. I like the bit-by-bit feature on the individual girls, though I really do hope there's emphasis on some of the overlooked girls.

I also thought the concept of Megumi's PV was damn clever, though I can't help feel a bit weirded out by all those older men in the "kyaba kura." I mean...I KNOW it's a PV and whatnot, and I SWEAR I'm not jealous of that guy sitting next to Yuko (seriously...:oops: :p B-))...but that sort of subculture of Japan still feels...just way out there for me. :confused:

And don't bother asking me about what I think about an SKE taking up the entire cover space of an AKB48 - I'm still up on the air about that one. :confused:

And there you have it! The first review for this series! Considering how I've done so many overviews, I think I managed to organize this one a little more neatly than the ones before (though sadly, I spent forever typing this one up :-(). Also, I look forward to having a break between doing an overview for Nemousu Terebi and AKBINGO! since the time schedule for 0ji kinda burnt me out with overviews two nights straight. Anyway, as usual I'm sorry for the sheer length of this post, as well as any missing or incorrect information. Nevertheless, I hope it helped you guys understand the show better even the slightest bit.

Until next time, you guys take it easy. B-)

8. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    You can know who the singer Sayaka imitated is by going to the Sayaka thread.

9. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ I just saw the thread and made the correction in my post. Thanks. B-)

10. haruna_hamasaki

LOL. I read the review before watching the whole show. Thanks as always, giddy. From your review, I'm sure it was really a great debut episode of AKBINGO!

11. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Sayaka sure looks like an Indian Squaw in this outfit and with that hair style :)

12. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Excellent review Mr. Gideon!

At first when I saw that it was the same set and everything as the old show (except there are new signs), I was really disappointed. But after watching the episode, it was one of the best AKB48 episodes I've seen.

-Acchan - I like her much more now. Thank you for showing personality.
    -Sayaka - Okay, we already knew she could sing, but I'm still impressed.
    -Natsuki - She is god's gift to the world. But again, we knew that.
    -Mariko - What!? I'm impressed... I think.
    -Mayuyu - Great skill, but really: Why do you get the short shorts? Why can't Natsuki? We want Nacchi leg.
    -Takamina - Too cute.

And the previews were amazing, too.

You have no idea.

13. Adam Sensei

Adam Sensei Kenkyuusei

^ Does Ange get some kind of comission for driving traffic to the Sayaka thread? :XD:

Thanks for the review, Gideon.

One thing I forgot to mention: They subtitled Takamina's groan!! How funny was that!! :lol:

14. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    I first watched the episode just in Japanese, so I had no idea what was going on. They introduced the Akepedia, and then random girls started doing random things XD

My thoughts:

Well, it was an ok show, really. The random girls that were picked showed off their respective skills.

Some girl showed she can really eat, Sayaka showed she can really sing. Of course, as usual, I was most impressed with my fav memebrs, Acchan and Mayuyu! Acchan is apparently the best origami folder in the entire WORLD if she folded a crane from that tiny piece of paper (I don't even know hold to fold a crane with a regular size sheet of paper!) And Mayuyu is still as awesome as ever at drawing! I mean, her picture was good given how many seconds she had. Takamina can't compare XD And she showed WHY she was the cutest member of AKB48 again, with all her hand motions!

Other thoughts are that they included wayyyyyyy too much of that girl who's supposed to sell however many singles or be kicked out. I DID feel sad when they showed how no one really wanted to shake and hand while to her left Mayuyu was like shaking a thousand fans' hands and so happy and cheerful (well, acting cheerful, at least. I wouldn't want to shake sweaty wota hands.....) at the same time, but that was really just for emphasis. I mean, put anyone next to Mayuyu and they'll be outnumbered by handshakes (except, you know, ppl like Harunyan and Acchan) because she's popular. (Most expensive girl out of AKB48 at auctions for BLTs, anyone?)

Anyway, that's my thoughts on it. and thanks for the review once again, gideon123! Now I can understand it!

And....I LOVE Mayuyu's legs. They're like perfect! <.< Therefore, me like that she got short shorts! =D Dare I say it, they're even better than Harunyan's legs! (Harunyan fans are going to kill me for this)

15. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

*gets a two-handed axe out* Please hold your head still... :twisted:

And while we are perving at underage girls' legs... Machan has promising legs, too :p

But Haruna is still best. period.

Thanks for the review giddy. Now I just need to watch the complete show (missed part of it due to my stupidity...) and I'm all set.

16. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

I agree that there was too much Meetan part that it sorta got boring... but the previews of the PV was SO WORTH IT.

17. WabukiSensei

WabukiSensei Kenkyuusei

Acchan was crying in next week's preview? Dang, makes me wonder what could cause a normally composed girl to shed tears...

Highlight for me was Sata hitting Sayaka on the head for screwing up....priceless :D

18. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Yayz Sae face ftw! <3
    Miichan reading fast : win
    Mayu vs Takamina = huh? Why did she have to copy it? O:
    maeda (acchan fans don't read this ->) I said DON'T, you meanie! :'< Ok, here goes: I still hate her ;o
    owhori: just graduate already, will ya?

Also the that flute thing was fun, poor Nonti didn't get to play it :(

Gief next ep :eek:

Hmm... What's up with Sae's "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAISUKI!" ? :O

19. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    It's cuz Takamina's talent is to copy drawings. Just that, apparently she's not good when the time limit is a few sec XD Mayu's talent for drawing shows through though...

20. haruna_hamasaki