1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio AKBINGO! (2008/10/01 - 2019/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Top 10-01

[​IMG][​IMG]
    • 10. AKB One Week Challenge (417, 418) This is like a gold mine. You keep on watching and dig out jokes, after jokes after jokes. Not only is Muramoto on top of his game the girls also brutally deliver great comebacks, which is why this entry is the only one apart from the top 3 to get two preview images (one for Muramoto, one for the girls). Ok, what is this about? In these two episodes 8 members each tried to master one specific task over the course of one week and presented it on the show. I already liked the theme of the episode, but the execution makes it one of the funniest I have ever seen. Members disgusted? Check. Members outraged? Check. Members crying? Check. Members sarcastic? Check. Members giving up? Check. This getting into the top 10? Check.
    [​IMG]
    • 9. Battle Burger Shop (295, 297) I know many fans like Shogi more than BBS, but personally for me it's the other way around and I always loved the battle of the fast food joints. In this long running game series the members basically play a variation of the boardgame "Activity" and try to explain and draw specific terms with one member trying to guess what they meant. It was really difficult to decide which episodes to choose as I really like them all, but in the end I decided on some of the later ones, because it featured my favorite gens as well as the famous "she sang it" scene. Plus there are tons of other cool scenes. Of course watching any Battle Burger Shop episode is always awesome as personally I just love when the members draw. Btw. the Kiyotucky jingle is the best piece of music in the entire series.
    [​IMG]
    • 8. A normal center is no good (307, 308) While a normal center is indeed no good this is far from being a normal episode. In this original game it's all about creating memories which only works out by either setting a record and winning or by totally failing and losing. In each game 4 members are supposed to show their star qualities and create memories by not finishing on the "normal" 3rd rank. To help with this they're joined by normal girls, they randomly picked up from the streets. After all these commoners should always finish in the middle, right? Well, obviously it won't be that easy for our girls, so look forward to these two awesome episodes.
    [​IMG]
    • 7. Exposing Real Personality - Kashiwagi & Takahashi Dokkiri Quiz (84) This is my favorite Dokkiri episode. I don't care whether it's fake or not this is just great all around, especially the second one. Considering Yuko is now an actress she should be ashamed how she pretended to "accidentally" break the guitar by basically just throwing it to the ground. [hehe] Takamina's reactions were just genius. Her super disgusted face, when that "bastard traitor" Yuko blamed her, or her speech at the end. A must watch episode.
    [​IMG]
    • 6. Bucchake Baseball (522, 523) Ok, it didn't make my top 3 in the end, but considering how new it is that's a great ranking for Bucchake Baseball. I don't think I have to explain the setting for this one, but in my opinion it's similar to Shoujiki Shogi, but even better. I am generally a big fan when we can get laughs from the members and from the hosts and this format just delivers as the members obviously come up with funny stories while Muramoto is not just moderating but actively judging. I really hope they pick up this format again and do more recordings
    [​IMG]
    • 5. Cosplay Race, Who is the No.1 member? AKVegas (103) My favorite aspect of AKVegas is that it's games inside a game. So here we have different teams who each try to predict which member will win and they get points for correct answers. This segment featured a lot of different games and countless memorable scenes, e.g. Mad Dog Miyazaki, Nun Miichan, or feeding the "babies". The highlight I chose here is from episode 103 which featured one of the Cosplay Races. In this one we saw the sad story of poor Mayu who was picked by nobody, but who would have come from behind to win it all if it weren't for the meddling iNaBA-san! The real loser is Takamina in her ape costume, though. [hehe]
    [​IMG]
    • 4. Program's Cast Rights Colosseum (412) I have stopped counting how often I watched the Cream Puff Gate segment of this episode. This is hilarious in so many ways and the more I watched the more I realized how messed up the editing is. The order is all over the place and it doesn't even make sense to edit it that way as it would have worked in the original order. Best thing about this episode is that it gave rise to Rin, who came back from the blown call of the century to win it all (sorry, spoilers). She took the chance the golden cushion provided her and is now a variety queen and one of the elite members of AKBingo, part of the holy trinity as I call it.
    :3rd:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    • 3. Ultra Idiot Quiz (255, 256) This is the best quiz they ever had on the show. Mocchi is a brilliant guest and for each question her task is to choose one of the twelve idiot members to answer it. The catch is that she can only choose each member one time, so she needs to find the least stupid members for each question while having a smaller selection every time. Just for this show they have build a cream cannon in form of a tank which will advance step by step for each wrong answer. These are two must watch episodes and I seriously wish they would revive this game for the show.
    :2nd:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    • 2. Muchaburi Dodgeball (336, 337) "How is this not No. 1!? I don't understand!" There is just one reason why the juggernaut of the show, the best game which is featured in more than 30 episodes is not on rank 1: The episode on rank one just can't not be there. I will explain it once revealed. Ok, back to Dodgeball. Everyone who knows AKBingo just in the slightest has seen (parts of) this game, it's awesome, it's great and one of the best things to happen to mankind. Took me forever to find a highlight, but in the end I settled with the scene that is famous around the world: "Blowing cicadas". It's featured for the first time in episode 337, but they also had many more cool Muchaburis in these two episodes like the one with the comedian. It also featured a lot of cool members, e.g. Mogi "Lady Dodge-a-lot" Shinobu, Monster Shimada and the team 8 girls in their first dodgeball episodes.
    :1st:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Yayyy, it's YuiYui! Watch every episode in which she appears. :1st:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    • 1. Super variety game battle (262, 263) Best episodes ever! They're the reason why I discovered AKBingo and therefore AKB48 for myself as the first thing I watched of it was a clip from a "Funny Japanese game show" someone posted in an online forum I am active. The clip was the scene with Nishino Miki who completely freaked out during the "What's in the box" game. I only later found out it's from a show called AKBingo and watched more and more highlight clips on YT before I decided to bingewatch the entire series. Yeah, there was just no way I wouldn't put this as my number one as I wouldn't be here without it. So what are these two episodes about? The young members are pitched against their senpais in many classic variety games to learn from them. There are a lot of great moments and it features the best of old and new members (from that time). If I were to make a top 50 highlights from AKBingo these two episodes probably would be featured five or more times as they just have so much funny stuff to offer.

Well, I hope you liked my top 50 best AKBingo episodes/themes. Of course this list is entirely subjective and I would love to see your opinions on this ranking.

It was really difficult to narrow this down to 50 items and here are some episodes I had to cut, but probably deserved a spot on the list:
    • AKB Grudge Battle (400)
    • We've Got Speaking Skill! (399)
    • AKB48 vs HKT48, Talk&Game Battle (415, 416)
    • Badboys Graduation SP. Badboys Major Event Quiz (394, 395)
    • AKB48 vs Nogizaka 46 (286-288)
    • AKB Profiling
    • Clueless Girls Top X
    • Find The Real Thing
    Bonus. Stuff I know people love but which I never considered:
    • Ikemen High School
    • Danso Date

Also some statistics as everyone likes statistics:

Total number of episodes to choose from (including AKB 1/0ji 59fun): 566
    Episodes with Bad Boys = 431 (76% of all episodes)
    Episodes with Woman Rush Hour = 135 (24% of all episodes)

BB entries in my top 50 = 34 (68%)
    WRH entries in my top 50 = 16 (32%)

So slight bias towards WRH, but they also repeat concepts less often so they had more unique formats to choose from.

No of entries based on episode #:
    AKB 1/0ji 59fun - 100 = 9
    101-200 = 8
    201-300 = 10
    301-400 = 8
    401-500 = 12
    501-530 = 3

Looks like a good distribution. I never tried to be fair or went for any quotas, I just picked my favorite stuff and I am glad to see I like AKBingo no matter from what period of time. :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    @WeRiseOrFall i disliked your post just because of an obvious reason
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
  3. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    thats a great top ten... except for the number 01 xD for me the top 3 is:
    3.- Episode 406 (comeback of izuta-san).
    2.- Episode Special Halloween KIICHAN HIFUMIN XD was amazing!!!
    1.- Episode 483 (Currenly Trendy Romance Stories) just for the muramoto´s performance!!! that was great!!!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Ah, what's so wrong about my no. 1? :^^;: Isn't the Variety Game battle just great?

What I liked especially about episode 483, 484 was how Rin messed with Juri when they acted in the studio. This shit was hilarious!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  7. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    nothing wrong with your no.1 for me :D

8. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    The Juri and Berin oshis can tell you that the Ibarakian Standoff was so good because maybe its real :shifty:

=====

Can't believe you actually ranked em
    (its too difficult to choose from)

Given myself and all of us lots of laughter and cuteness over the years :cute:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Why did I already know this? ;)
    While I didn't specify Ayana's scene in the description I always loved her "What's in the box" performance and that's why I had to use her in the preview image. I was really shocked back then when I searched for her name in the Bingo Masterlist to see she is only a semi-regular on AKBingo with close to 50 appearances.

I don't want the girls to hate each other, but I wish there was a real, honest rivalry between some of them. I'd love to see Juri get back at Rin and so on.

=====
    Yeah, it was super difficult to cut down the list to just 50 entries. Also the actual ranking with the exception of maybe the top 2 was really difficult.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    That reminded me of the exchange they had when Berin's solo concert was announced at the 13th Anniversary stage
    (paraphrased of course)

Juri: I'll definitely attend
    Yui: Ibaraki kizuna (bond)
    Rin: <laugh> didn't you run away from Ibaraki?
    Juri: I didn't run away! That's how you always make fun of me!
    Yui: You can see their relationship here in this fight
    Juri: We come from the same place but it's sad (to say that)
    Rin: That is my line!
    <awkward laughter>

But it's in Juri's chara to be made fun of :lol:
    (so I think the sniping will be one way street)

Though I think Juri will take her down easy in a fist and hair-pulling fight :fear:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. dxsmiled

dxsmiled Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Oda Erina looks really beautiful in her ponytail this recent episode

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    why, the latest episode was actually very good! been a while since I laughed that hard while watching AKBINGO [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    AKBingo episode 531

RAW:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gyrf7QxABvhZgcYjhv2HUDvXXHjJWSdY/view
    Thanks to AKBingo Fans ID

Softsubs:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c-1WRFhTbYo8rHvRQgMbMBzPwYjDa19O/view
    by GEES
    Timing: Lusankya

We're getting more Nihongo Nadeshiko Battle episodes and Anna is back as well! Same as last time Team Hakata fights Team Yukata for the best looks, ehm who has the most eloquent members in 5 different brain training games.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. MatchesMalone5

MatchesMalone5 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Everyone
    Lol Ma chia-ling was boasting in the beginning but in the end got herself scribbled.
    t.png

• Like Like x 2
  15. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    this episode was really like great! i really like sento-kun voice

16. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Well, her team lost it. Especially Satone was way too cheeky considering how much she struggled. :p

Ayaka was also pretty great, hogging up all the screentime for herself by constantly failing. She still felt confident enough to tell Komiharu off, though. :^O^:
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Baratheon

Baratheon Kenkyuusei

The joke about Iriyama's photo book is back lol.

I noticed Muramoto gained some weight after his studying abroad.

Sent from my SCV36 using Tapatalk

18. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    that tsukkomi speed, even muramoto is beaten:1st:
    this brain battle project is actually very interesting, did once before and really hope mori p can make this recurring

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    damn..the last akbingo episode is really funny and interesting. it is a good choice of statements made from that yukata girl in the shiritori battle agaisnt annin

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    "That yukata girl" is Hama Sayuna. Don't forget her, she's brilliant!

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1