AKB's becoming more and more famous... do you like it?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Shoudou, Oct 28, 2009.

1. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

I get what all you people are saying, and I agree for the most part. Yet, I feel we're lucky that we're experiencing what I expect will be the prime of one of the iconic idol groups of history. :)

2. bluefullmoon

bluefullmoon Kenkyuusei

I think in regards to fame, I like AKB48 getting more popular. It allows more people to know the girls, thus gives them more opportunity to go overseas, etc. In fact, I only got into them after they got sort of popular, so I shouldn't really be talking. It allows the girls to get more opportunities and to achieve their personal goals. I feel like Akimoto has also been trolling them a lot... A lot. The creation of the rival group, in particular. It's like he isn't satisfied with just all the other 48's, but he also needs more. At the rate they're going right now, being milked to the max, AKB48 really might not last for very long. People might actually get sick of them.That's what makes me worried...

3. dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy Member

Lets redefine 'famous' in japanese entertainment industry..
    Are they really famous now? What is the criteria for a japanese artist to be said to have fame?
    Famous in my mind is like when everybody there knows the name of the new prime minister, even at first glance people should automatically remember his name for a given period of time.

Why are they still wearing nametags?
    Do people still refer to kashiwagi as the weather girl, but a second later was like: 'sorry, what was your name again'?

4. dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy Member

oh yea, as a consideration, can they really be categorised as famous(people really know who they are and what they do and so on) just by looking at the charts, while the fact is some dudes buy 10 or 20 of their CD's

5. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    ^LOL looks like you got too much time in hand. They're breaking records after records, and making history, yet you still questioned their fame? :^^;: it's called LOGIC, don't overthink it. :music:
    And wotas buying 10 or 20 CD from one single release is common sense for idol groups, yet you won't see other idol groups even came close to AKB's sale numbers [think]

6. ginchan

ginchan Kenkyuusei

No doubt,yeah,i Like it :awesome:

7. oddball

oddball Member

^
    ^

I think it's easier to catorigize AKB the group being massivly popular, where as not everyone knows the girls they will of heard of AKB...