ANGERME (formerly S/mileage)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Naomi, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

[​IMG]
    S/mileage is a Hello! Project group consisting of four former Hello! Project Eggs. Throughout 2009, the group released indies singles and appeared as backdancers for Mano Erina's music videos. In February, Tsunku announced that in order to debut, they must collect 10,000 pictures of people's smiles by the end of March. In April, it was revealed that they managed to collect 16,000 photos, only 3,000 of which were collected by S/mileage, and they would make their major debut in May.

Members

[​IMG]
    Name: Wada Ayaka (和田彩花) [Leader]
    Nicknames: DAWA, Ayacho
    Birthday: August 1, 1994
    Birthplace: Gunma, Japan
    Blood Type: A
    Height: 154cm
    H!P Groups: Shugo Chara Egg

[​IMG]
    Name: Maeda Yuuka (前田憂佳)
    Nicknames: Yuukarin
    Birthday: December 28, 1994
    Birthplace: Chiba, Japan
    Blood Type: B
    Height: 157.9cm
    H!P Groups: High-King, Shugo Chara Egg

[​IMG]
    Name: Fukuda Kanon (福田花音)
    Nicknames: Kanyon
    Birthday: March 12, 1995
    Birthplace: Saitama, Japan
    Height: 152cm
    H!P Groups: Shugo Chara Egg

[​IMG]
    Name: Ogawa Saki (小川紗季)
    Nicknames: Sakichy, Sakitty
    Birthday: November 18, 1996
    Birthplace: Saitama, Japan
    Height: 153cm

Discography

Major Singles
    01. [05.26.10] Yumemiru 15sai

Indies Singles
    04. [03.14.10] Otona ni Narutte Muzukashii!!!
    03. [11.23.09] Suki-chan
    02. [09.23.09] Asu wa Date na no ni, Koe ga Kikitai
    01. [06.07.09] aMa no Jaku

2. Naomi

I figured that since S/mileage is going to debut, they deserved their own thread. :3 I even submitted a picture of myself for their challenge, so it's cool to know that I was able to help out! :D

I'm not really interested in the rest of Hello! Project that much anymore, but I'm really excited for S/mileage's debut. <3

Yuuka's definitely my favorite member. Ironically, when she was in High-King, I didn't care about her at all, and Kanon was my favorite before S/mileage was formed, but soon after, I didn't really care for Kanon and Yuuka ended up becoming my favorite. XD I still like Kanon, though. <3 S/mileage, along with C-ute, are the only two groups in Hello! Project (or ever) where I like all of the members. Well, HANGRY & ANGRY, too, but there's only two of them, so they don't count. :lol:

3. ChobiMM3

ChobiMM3 Kenkyuusei

Darn, you beat me Naomi! But I've very happy you made this thread - S/mileage pwns! [rock] I submitted a picture of myself for the contest too, so not only is it nice knowing that I (and everyone else who submitted) helped them debut, but it's great they're debut is finally happening ^_^

I absolutely adore all of the girls, but if I had to choose Ayaka is my favorite, followed by Saki, Yuuka, then Kanon. I loved Yuuka when she was in High King and I liked her because she reminded me of Momoko, my favorite member, from Berryz; but then when the girls formed S/mileage I started to prefer Ayaka and Saki a little more over Yuuka.

I have aMa no Jaku and I'm going to try and get a friend to pick me up their other three singles when he goes to Japan to save on online shops raping me with shipping ><. I'm so stoked for Yumemiru 15sai, and I can't wait for more S/mileage love [rock] :inlove:

4. aznnerd

aznnerd Kenkyuusei

I'm not much of an H!P fan myself but I did send in a pic of me just to help them out and as a favor. I think it's pretty awesome how they managed to get 16k photos. These girls might get me in the whole H!P thing though ^^

5. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Well, I wasn't into S/mileage either but I am a H!P fan so I just sent in my picture too. When it was like a few days til the send-in deadline, they were still at 6k photos, I was like, oh no, they're not gonna make it. But surprisingly they managed to make 16k! That was really exceeding my expectations. Really happy to see them make it.

6. ChobiMM3

ChobiMM3 Kenkyuusei

For me it was great hearing they got to 10K photos and then some. I'm so proud of the girls and they totally deserve it for working so hard! <3

7. Whiteyuri

Whiteyuri Kenkyuusei

yay S/mileage thread>_< <3
    I also lost my interest in HP long time ago..
    but am still following news of S/mileage <3

I've been liking Kanyon chan for ages ever since she joined in egg >_< <3

I watched the first episode of Bijyogaku
    and Kanyon was soooooooooo cute when she said she wants to do "MajiSUMA Gakuen" to the Majisuka producer(or writer i cant remember..) LOLL

8. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

Why has the Yume Miru 15sai PV not been posted? I must right this wrong.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smkn6pxz5cA[/yt]

9. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

OMG! Kanon is seriously the cutest thing to ever walk on two legs (after Suu-chan lol)

But what annoys me a bit about their Yumemiru 15 sai song is that it's way too high for them and they end up doing a really weird falsetto in like every line O_O

WTF is up with that... the song would've sounded better if they had been able to sing it comfortably in their own vocal ranges [sealed] I'm basically over Tsunku writing songs in tones that his idols can't reach, that's just sabotaging himself urgh...

On a happier note, I like LilPri, their song totally sounds like something old school Perfume would've loved to sing :D

AND OMG KANON WHY ARE YOU SO CUTE???? D:

10. Naomi

^ Yeah, I'd like the song more if the girls were able to hit the high notes, or if the notes were in their vocal range. =/

11. rilakkuma

rilakkuma Kenkyuusei

Wow, I just listened to S/mileage for the first time ever and I quite like them! I'm suprised because I'm not a huge fan of H!P~ I think my favourite member is Kanon, she's really cute!!

12. tempethegreat

tempethegreat Kenkyuusei

i love Kanon too~ i know her since Shugo Chara... :inlove:

im not listened to jpop song around 1 years(approximately),then one of my friend suggest this group,im back to listen jpop again...yay! thanks kanon! :D

Smileage jjang! <3

13. flagator21

flagator21 Member

Kanon is also my favorite member. I really wish she would have kept her hair long, but whatever :)

So I was browsing the S/mileage thread on 2ch and came across a photo of Yuukarin wearing a bikini, from the latest Up to Boy. I figure it's a promotional shoot for her Photobook/DVD coming out soon? Anyhow, the bikini she was wearing looked pretty familiar and it hit me... Another certain Maeda wore the same one in a recent shoot for WPB. I put the photos side-by-side below:

[​IMG]

I thought that was a cute coincidence [hehe]

14. rilakkuma

rilakkuma Kenkyuusei

What a funny coincidence~ I think they both look cute in it but imo it suits Acchan a little more because her skin tone looks warmer in the picture and the red compliments it well.

Her hair was pretty when it was longer but I think I like it more at it's current length, I bet she'd look really nice with a puffy bob type style though.

15. Naomi

Yuuka's my favorite S/mileage member, and since I'm a tad biased towards my favorites, naturally I think she looks the best in it. =P Plus Atsuko's has too much cleavage. :yikes:

16. Meaud

Meaud Kenkyuusei

Preview 2nd single major : ◯◯ Ganbaranakute moeenende
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tKtrbK67PA[/yt]

17. fashionchik91

fashionchik91 Kenkyuusei

18. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

lol I didn't know Wada Ayaka hates foreigners xD That was pretty hilarious

I'm in love with their LilPri anime though, it's so cute! Although the song gets old because it gets sung in every episode, I really enjoy how cute their voices are!

19. Naomi

Supposedly that was a mistranslation and she doesn't really hate foreigners, but I dunno anymore.

Anyway, I heard their new song and I hate it. [speechless]

20. writerserenyty

writerserenyty Kenkyuusei

Really? I love their new song. I like the sillier type of songs, and the PV's really fun. IMO S/Mileage is H!P moving in the right direction.

As for Dawa hating foreigners, that was on the spot in an MC in a concert where they're like "speak in English and tell us what you'd say to a foreigner" and she apparently seemed really flustered. She's also into being the jokester of the group, and so it's possible she was attempting to be funny but came off poorly.

Even the person who was there and posted about it was like "no no no, let's not hold it against her" but people are.

S/Mileage is officially my hope for H!P.
    Unless they make a unit with Sekine Azusa
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn-OPr2Pz8w[/yt]
    ^New song's PV preview