1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

ANIME thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jun 11, 2007.

1. CDevil

CDevil Member

DBZ's a classic, but to be honest it's a bit dated by today's standards. In terms of story and character development, I don't think it's better than One Piece, Naruto or Bleach. My god I sound like such a geek.
    Between anime and chess...I know which one I'd pick lol. That's ignoring the fact that I kinda suck at chess lol.
    You're like me, you prefer happier and fun series :D
    That reminds me of the time I saw a girl's anime Loveless. It scarred me for life :cry:

2. transcendental_protagonis

transcendental_protagonis Kenkyuusei

I think there's no much different among Naruto, Bleach, One piece and Dragon ball. All of these has a little bit of DBZ and HNK, you know, like "OMFG I'M ANGRY SO MY POWER IS DOUBLE AS BEFORE"

3. Nessy

Nessy Kenkyuusei

I'm not the hugest fan of anime--I don't really like the drawing style, so I don't go out of my way to look for it. However, I will watch it if it's shown to me, and some of the stuff that's been shown to me I've come to completely and totally love. Basically:

Shoujo Kakumei Utena
    My best friend bought the comic on a whim and when she didn't really like it, she gave it to me. I enjoyed the characters but wasn't violently interested. Still, a few years later I was thinking about it again and decided to look up the cartoon...big mistake. I didn't get any work done for the next week! XD I love the rounded characters, the surreal art design, the off-beat metaphors, the unique art style...the way it twists with a typical shoujo storyline...as a whole, it appeals to me so much. Definite favorite.

Paradise Kiss
    Same best friend had the comic (again) and totally adored it. She made me read it, (again) and I totally adored it also. I really like Yazawa Ai's artwork--sort of more like the Korean comic style, which I enjoy a lot--and something about the story and characters really touched me. I'm also a fashion fan, so it basically clicked. I like the cartoon well enough also, I think it's a really good translation of the comic, but...the comic is first in my heart. <3 (Although I LOVE Imaishi Hiroyuki's bizarre ending sequence and Tommy February 6 is great.)

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
    Well, actually I first got into this one when it was still on Cartoon Network and I was like seven or something...I thought it was just the coolest thing. And as I've gotten older, I've just gotten more into it--the characters mean so much to me, I can't help but be wholly in love. Actually, I think I will go watch one of my DVDs right now. <3 (Every Christmas or Birthday I get a new boxset. Almost have all of them now fu fu fu~)

And as a family, the whole household is really into Miyazaki movies. I like Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi the best. <3 (Also, my dad's really into Cowboy Bebop, but I've never bothered to watch enough to know what's going on...I liked the movie a lot, though.)

4. CDevil

CDevil Member

What's HNK?

And yeah you're right. But it's different in each of those shows. In Bleach it's more like, "I'm really really weak now, and I just got my ass handed to me by that really really strong guy, but after 2 days training, I'll definitely gain ten times as much power in a way that makes no sense whatsoever and beat that guy badly." In Naruto it's "I just remembered some really really bad memory, and just from that I'll become 10 times as strong." It doesn't happen as much in One piece though, that's why it's so awesome.

5. transcendental_protagonis

HNK = Hokuto no ken (Fist of the north star),if you like OWNAGE I reccommend this one, it's a old and bloody one, like a guy having his head exploded by a single touch in the forehead huahuh
    About One piece, that is one of the reason for it being so amazing, tough it has some fillers

Oh just remember another good one: Konjiki no gash bell, did anyone wacht it ?
    it's so hilarious

6. HSaito

HSaito Kenkyuusei

I didn´t watch many animes
    my favs:

Neon genesis evangelion, kareshi kanojo no jijou , the vision of escaflowne, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya,saint seiya, gundam seed, gantz, rurouni kenshin, school rumble, initialD, cowboy bebop, NHK ni youkoso, Utena, urayasu , elfen lied, full metal alchemist, death note, otaku no video, howl´s moving castle, trust and betrayal...

7. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bad guess.
    Guess I've kinda abandoned the series completely after the 'huge fight' between the Naruto and Sasuke before the time skip (or filler season, as I have been told). And good timing too, since I didn't even watch ANY of the fillers in that, though I abandoned the series mostly because it was getting too stupid. I didn't even start watching the anime until people got me into it, though I did read the manga. Then I stopped reading the manga and watched the anime, at least until where I said I stopped. I loved the characters (particularly Itachi), though the bad art of the anime and the stupidity was killing me. I've stopped reading the manga for a while, and I don't know if I would continue, and I've heard positive comments about the series (the part after the time skip), though I probably wouldn't care enough to watch it anyway.

Oh, and I absolutely hate Naruto (the character). Then again, I don't like most main characters anyway.

I've been using this userid just about everywhere, and for years already, since I'm too used to typing it. Then again I also have 5000 other handles though it may take more than a while for me to recall which goes where.

8. transcendental_protagonis

the world of naruto is quite bizarre, Ninjas wearing pink and orange cloths, that's too strange,well the best character is Shikamaru, he's a unique char hahaa, the thing about summoning things is cool too

9. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

i watched it with my brother. he recommended that anime to me. xD
    Vandread is my first anime DVD ever. <3

10. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

Well, he is the stupid one.

11. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    Is it sad that I have every episode of 'Fushigi Yuugi' on discs? :lol:

12. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

^ NO! i love FY so much!! but sometimes i think FY is not suitable for kids..

13. anson

anson Kenkyuusei

Elfen Lied, too bloody for me~

I prefer "brainy" type of anime, such as
    Detective Conan
    Death Note
    Kindaichi

And athletic too~
    Prince of Tennis
    Slam Dunk
    Eyeshield 21

And stupid type too...(not japanese anime)
    Spongebob Squarepants
    The Simpsons

14. kao

kao Kenkyuusei

i think it's sad we used up one whole day watching them all. haha

15. transcendental_protagonis

16. saqbix

saqbix Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I am watching the anime occasionally, recently I could see is Papurika. is strange and good

17. HSaito

HSaito Kenkyuusei

these animes will like you

Lain (mystery,psychological)
    captain tsubasa, InitialD (sports)
    and Super Radical Gag Family (comedy)

18. Iruko

Iruko Kenkyuusei

Yes, very much fillerseasons.. like, filler16months though.
    I never looked again once that shit started (after the Sasuke / Naruto battle the official stuff ends iirc).

However I do have to say I couldn't wait a day after the Shippuuden eps got released, the music is just damn brilliant and the graphics are kinda okay again (seen the fillers? <no, dont answer that> that was crap).

Anyway, it's worth just watching the first 9 minutes of Episode 1 from Shippuuden, just to get a hunch of the musical differences in it as well compared to the old crap.

Fill 9 minutes up with that yo! XD

19. erin

erin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I've been into anime for a long time. One of my favorites is definitally G Gundam. =D And as dorky as it sounds, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is probably my most favorite at the moment. XD

20. Haunter

Haunter Kenkyuusei

I've been into anime for a long time too. The first manga and anime I watched is Doraemon :D
    I very like GTO, One Piece, Bleach and Naruto, they are my favorites.
    I like Conan, Midori days and Yu-Gi-Oh! too. And I also like Pokemon but only game.
    Does anybody like GTO or Ichigo 100%?