Any tips for someone new to Nogizaka46 and Jpop in general?

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by dancing.roses, Jan 29, 2017.

1. dancing.roses

dancing.roses Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Hello everyone, I am a new user, I recently became obsessed with Nogizaka46 after watching Sayonara no imi was recommended to me on Youtube, I fell for Shiraishi Mai instantly.

My only problem is I don't really know anything about them and I really want to learn more about these special girls, can someone please be kind enough to lead me in the right direction?

Like general info, variety shows, eng subbed interviews, performances and song recommendation etc etc.

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. aisukurimu99

aisukurimu99 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    @dancing.roses Welcome! :) Have you listened to any other songs besides Sayonara no Imi? Nogizaka has explored quite a number genres when it comes to their music, especially with their B-sides. So I guess it depends on your music preference. If you like songs that are somewhat like SnI, then I recommend listening to Kikkake, Hanashitai dareka ga iru, Nandome no Aozora ka, Boku ga Iru Basho for the A-sides. Alternatively, they came out with an ALL NOGIZAKA46 MV DVD, and every MV from the 1st - 13th single is there. Only downside is that it doesn't include album songs and the single songs without MVs.

As for their shows, you can start off with some subbed episodes. The master list is here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...yyKyQYcW9hqM9iLaFZcZP3mLA/edit#gid=1751568598

They also had a baseball drama/comedy, Hatsumori Bemars. It's more of a crack show though, lol.

3. Rayman21

Rayman21 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Oh man reminds me of when I first saw Nogizaka instead I fell for Nishino Nanase haha.
    For me, personally, watching Nogibingo was a really great way for me to learn about the other members and it's also really fun to watch so that's what I would recommend :)

4. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Welcome! Your first instinct of posting to Stage48 is a good one. Hang around here you will get lots of and lots of Nogi discussion including some info about their work, interviews, photo shoots, etc. Some of it may even be translated!

Of course, the place to start is their current show, Nogizaka Under Construction (乃木坂工事中). There is no current subbing group for it, but once in a while someone will make an english sub. Next you can check out their back log of shows, like NogiChu's predecessor, NogiDoko (乃木坂てどこ?). There are 180 episodes and about 1/3 were subbed in english. You may be able to find the subs on DailyMotion. Finally, they have NogiBingo most of which was subbed into English, but are now hard to find since last spring's 46/48 purge. Those are their three main shows.

I would also suggest reading the member blogs http://blog.nogizaka46.com. They post photos! But if you can't speak Japanese, running it through google translate will get you 30% comprehension. You'll get a sense of who the members are and the quicker you know them the quicker you will fall for the entire group.

Welcome, again. And with Nogizaka, you don't know the hole your falling through.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  5. aisukurimu99

aisukurimu99 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    @dancing.roses I forgot to mention... If you have time later, you can watch your very first senbatsu announcement later tonight when their air the newest episode of Nogizaka Under Construction, 24:00 JST. Believe me, there's no forgetting that adrenaline rush while waiting for your oshi to get called for a senbatsu position. :lol:

6. Varianth

Varianth Kenkyuusei

Welcome! Always good to have more people joining the fandom!

Lots of great suggestions here. I'd second starting with Nogibingo even the older ones cause it kinda gives you an idea about the groups dynamic.

Stage48 along with the Facebook group for international fans are both great places for you to chat and ask questions as well. I'll add the link at the end and hopefully it works. You're just in time for the 17th single too so there's going to be a lot released over the next few weeks and months. But again welcome!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/30603...hlights&notif_id=1485513110321359&ref=m_notif

7. dancing.roses

dancing.roses Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Thank you all so much for your very helpful replies,
    I look forward to checking out the songs, variety shows, member blogs, and Facebook group you recommended.

I will also try and watch Nogi Under Construction, I heard that Japanese Variety shows are really funny so I'm excited.

Thanks again everyone!

also if anyone can recommend any blog, youtube channels, dailymotion channels etc with live performances or interviews I would be really grateful, I love viewing their performances on stage!

8. ranze

ranze Kenkyuusei

I got closer to the members (especially Under Girls) after watching Nogibingo.

You will have a little bit of a hard time knowing the members just from performances. Was difficult, but now I know every member besides 3rd gen.

9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It's harder to follow new groups and new members (because they have less materials available and as a new fan it's hard to find them), and it might get confusing if you try to spread your focus too much at first, but I really recommend following Keyakizaka, Hiragana Keyaki and Nogizaka's 3rd gens. It will be much easier to follow the main members because they're so big, popular, busy and accessible so I don't blame you if you don't get into 3rd gens/Hiragana right away, but I think there's nothing quite like following an idol group from the start. Hoping they'll have great careers, and seeing them grow and achieve their goals. It's the holy grail of idol fans.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rayman21

Rayman21 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I recently got interested in keyakizaka and so I started watching Keyakitte Kakenai and Keyabingo. To be honest it made me feel annoyed because I CAN'T BELIEVE I HADN'T WATCHED THEM SOONER AGHH

11. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

You picked well for choosing Shiraishi Mai. What works for me, I suggest you go with the easiest and that's with MV readily available on Youtube and other video sites, start with the title single and there are 16 of them so far (http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Nogizaka46#Singles). You better start with the 6th single, I bet you'll enjoy it and be happy to see who's the center, if you haven't seen it yet. Then follow it up with the MV of the Under members. You might like it more than the title single.

Speaking of which, try to know the "center" of each single (one already graduated, the other this coming Feb), they are few but you'll be able to know the names, faces of the members (http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Center#Senbatsu_6). Then there's also center for the Under Members (http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Center#Under_Members). Why I suggest this, one girl at a time you'll get to know who's who and their involvement with each single. Each single they are grouped basically in Senbatsu and Under members (hence, center was put into place). Though there are other sub-unit, etc.

If you like a particular member, Stage48 or even Wiki can give you more info, of course member's blog as mentioned. Then you can move on to the next girl, and the next, so on, so forth. Each single have nice coupling songs, depends on your taste, for sure you'll find good stuff to add on your playlist. As you go along watching these MV, you can familiarize yourself with the other members, well some of them already graduated but a good number are still here.

As for their shows, most of them are already mentioned. I think it's best to watch the latest episodes because then you can familiarize yourself with the other younger members. At the same time you'll see the veterans of the group and check each of their personality. I myself lost track already of the 3rd gen and I only know one girl in Keya. But now it's a great chance for you to know all current members young and old. For sure, once you enjoy one episode, you'll backtrack with the past episodes, and there are tons to choose from....:)

May I add, try to watch their Documentary (Kanashimi no Wasurekata). Great stuff, I assure you.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  12. Octavian

Octavian Kenkyuusei

I want to post a comment in nogizaka member's blog, but why it never show up in the comment timeline. Any idea?

13. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    They filtered the comments quite heavily. Maybe, jussttt maybe, you have better chances to have your comments approved if it's mundane stuff. Nothing too personal or too emotional which might be giving them any slight discomfort. Also obviously, if you can type in Japanese it's likelier to be approved. I guess the reviewer perhaps don't really understand English and its nuances to decide if it's safe to be sent to the girls or not.

I sent 2 comments for Kotoko's blog in my broken Japanese. One was me explaining myself as an overseas female fan and because I see so much of the old me in her, I want to support her. The second was me giving "heartfelt" support to her that if there are people attacking her (she's very prone to it) or the days wasn't in her favour, to just not forgot there are also people supporting her. That was cheesy of me and I think I was in emotional roller coaster that day. That comment didn't get approved, and I can understand why.

Again, my examples barely scratch the surface. Perhaps try to simpily introduce yourself first and send your oshi the usual "ouenshitemasu". Keep your nickname constant and she might remember your virtual persona eventually, maybe..

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1