1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. despairate

despairate Kenkyuusei

Figured, but would rather be safe than sorry lol

Thanks for the help

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @despairate One time I had a staff member not want to accept my passport. His explanation was that it didn't look like me in the picture. If you saw the picture, you would facepalm as it is undoubtedly me. However, for some reason the guy was happy to accept my California Driver's License as ID.

Keep in mind this was a one-off, and before the whole "get your tickets stamped" thing became the norm. (It was in the member lane) I think the staff member in question was just being a jerk.

3. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Next week AKB, SKE, HKT have national HS in Nagoya Dome. SKE website said something about a live starting at 12:30 but I am not sure. Could anyone explain to me about it, do I need to exchange ticket to see the live ?

4. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I also saw about this event, but I'd like to know if it's still possible to participate if I don't have a ticket yet? As far as I can understand, it was/is included in some versions of the recent single. Is it possible to still buy it now and get the ticket?

5. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

http://akb.kingrecords.co.jp/handshake/nationwide/001992.html
    The event itself is free. You can come and watch the live without ticket if I'm reading it correctly, but it said that they'll give priority to those that have the event ticket.
    You can get the ticket itself from the limited edition releases. If you want to do HS with AKB member, you'll need to buy the limited edition of either NnM or #Sukinanda. For SKE, I believe it is the latest album and Igai ni Mango. For HKT, you'll need to buy Kiss wa Matsushikanai no Deshouka? I believe you can't buy SKE cd and do HS with AKB or HKT member and vice versa.
    And again, if I'm reading it correctly, it will have a mixed lane where you can use any ticket (AKB, SKE, or HKT) but I believe they haven't wrote about who will be in that mixed lane.

6. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Is it still possible to get limited editions of these albums? I'm not sure if they are all sold out or still able to buy these somewhere (and if it is possible, can someone give me advice where to get it in the Tokyo area)?

7. Rurouni

Yes, it should be. I believe they also sell those cds during the event (starting from 10:00 JST). I don't know about the quantity tho (it will be limited, just not sure how much), whether it is wise to count on buying the cd on site.
    The live start at 12:30. They open the gate at 10:30.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  8. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    If you want to make sure of getting some copies before the event I'd say it's worth trying any branch of Tsutaya, Tower or HMV in Tokyo to see if they still have limited eds of #Sukinanda tucked away on the shelves, maybe they'd also have some of NnM. I once found a small record store in Akihabara that only had limited eds of AKB48 singles in stock which they sold at a small discount. All I can remember though is that it was almost opposite the Donki building and next to a Mister Donut! (BTW they also had a good selection of 48G PBs.)

9. Rurouni

Resale only accept COD.

10. ichigo-wota

ichigo-wota Kenkyuusei

Ah crap, I had no idea :( I have some friends over there, are they able to pay for them on my behalf?

11. ichigo-wota

ichigo-wota Kenkyuusei

How does it work? Will I need to now enter my friends address and have them pay when the delivery comes?

12. Rurouni

I don't know. @Sakuraism , @Cristafari , or someone else more experienced probably know the answer.

13. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    CoD means that someone needs to be on the other end of that address when they receive the package they will need to pay for the amount owed. At this point you can't change your address anymore, so this CoD will be sent to whatever address u applied with. If you used a tenso address, well, i guess u're kinda screwed like everyone else who has done it before u lol.
    Please know that dodging CoD is a very big nono, chances are you will be blacklisted after avoiding a CoD.

14. allihx

allihx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    No HS events for December? :cry:

15. Big Bangohan

Big Bangohan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    uemurarina
    Hello, all.

I'll be in Tokyo in early January for Wrestle Kingdom and I saw that there's a big handshake event in Chiba on the 7th. I'm into the thought of going and I'm not particularly concerned about the logistics of getting there. What I am concerned with, however, is exactly how these things work. I've tried looking around in this thread to get my head around it, but it seems that things change.

As this particular event seems to be one of the big "national" ones, would I be able to get in by purchasing a few copies of the 50th single through a site like CD Japan? Is there a website similar to the official "Group Tickets" site for the theater shows? Is there a more compact/current source of information? Genuinely sorry to be one of those people coming around and asking for help from people who have put in work without offering anything in return, but it's all a bit much. That or I'm an idiot. Either way, thanks.

16. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    That event is an individual handshake event for the 50th single. You'll have to use AKB48 Chara-ani site to get tickets. Right now they're not taking any applications, but your best bet for getting tickets would be to wait a little after it releases on 11/22 (about a week or so afterwards). They'll likely do another round of resales for the unclaimed tickets then.

No worries about asking for help, the whole process can be confusing at first.

17. Sakuraism

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    to add on top, the resales will be cash on delivery only. So don't make the mistake like others applying it with proxy like tenso that doesn't accept CoD. (Mine does though!) Also if you're looking for big senbatsu members, it's likely that they're alrdy sold out but all the other members should still be available.

18. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    has anyone here ever had the Tenso/CoD problem?

19. Big Bangohan

Big Bangohan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    uemurarina
    Sincerely appreciate the responses. I wish I would have looked into this a bit sooner, but I didn't bite the bullet and book the trip until recently.

Sakuraism, I'm not sure how comfortable you are dealing with total strangers, but I think your proxy service is the only way I could pull this wacky idea off.

20. Sakuraism

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    Plenty. There are numerous times ive seen ppl posting about “oh i didn’t know resales are CoD only..what do i do now”

I have a whole proxy thread on it lol