1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. natlove

natlove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Thank you so much for the answers and clearing my doubt! Would like to know the location of the handshake because I'm not very familiar with Japan, so knowing all these beforehand can make me go check out how to go to these location beforehand. Thank you once again!!

Yes, please keep me updated and thanks for the offer to help! I've also signed up tenso just in case it will be easier for me to just used an online agent. NEvertheless, we see how it goes. Thank you once again!

2. WatashiLeaf

WatashiLeaf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    I'm planning to go for handshake events in the near future and it seems that Chara-Ani doesn't accept overseas cards at all. Is there another way to go about this? Considering how short the payment period is.

3. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    Chara-Ani does accept foreign credit cards, but only for the initial rounds (1-8). After that they'll have resale rounds. For those, the only payment option is cash on delivery, so you would need someone living in Japan to receive them. So for the rounds going on right now for Kibouteki Refrain, credit cards are fine. I've used foreign cards in the past with no problems.

4. WatashiLeaf

WatashiLeaf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    Thanks for the answer!

Now, I'm just wondering if it is possible to use 2 different addresses? For the initial rounds I've had my CDs shipped to Tenso but for the resales I want it to be shipped to a relative (since it's only cash on delivery). Is it possible?

EDIT: Ok, I figured that it was possible. But I'm quite the idiot and made a mistake in the application process; apparently the address I applied with still reflected my old Tenso address and I only just realised it now when it was too late! Could there be a way to salvage the situation? Like a final change of account details of some sort.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  5. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    It's possible, although there may be complications at the event itself when you have your tickets checked at the info booth.
    As for applications that haven't gone through lotto yet you're free to cancel them. Once it's been through lotto picks that will be the info that will be printed on your HS tickets.

6. WatashiLeaf

WatashiLeaf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    I see, thanks. Unfortunately i realised it too late after the balloting results came out. And Tenso wouldn't accept cash on delivery so I pretty much will have to pay for the tickets without ever getting to use them lol.

7. williamtee

williamtee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hi all, I need help here, I am trying hard to fill the handshake event application, is it I must
    enter a Japan address and phone as well as my name in Japanese only can go through?

I tried apply using below link but still unable to get through
    https://akb48.chara-ani.com/hall1/akbreserve.aspx

8. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Please read the first post - all the information on creating an account and applying are described there. There are screenshots at the bottom of the first post, with translations, showing the various screens you see with information

You need to use a Japanese address, phone number, and all the information (including your name) should be entered in Japanese

Since you are coming you overseas, it's a must to create an account unless you have someone who can pay cash on delivery. Services will not do this, you would need to know someone who lives in Japan and who can do this for you. This also means you can only apply for this first set of 8 rounds (which are almost over at this point). There will be later resale rounds, but those are all COD.

I'd highly recommend reading every post in this thread. There is a lot of good information and will answer a lot of questions.

9. USA48

USA48 Kenkyuusei

Sorry, if this is a dumb question, but resale rounds? This is the first time I've heard of this. How do those work? Are they on the chara-ani site, or somewhere else? When do these typically happen?

I've had very bad luck during the first 8 rounds and would love another chance to see meet my favorite members.

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yes they are done via chara-ani. The only difference between the regular rounds and resale is that there is no credit card option. Only COD.

There is no set date when resale rounds will be announced. I would imagine management plans them "as needed". So just watch for the announcements via the AKB Blog. If I were to guess, they will probably do a resale round close to the release date.

11. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    It seems like they usually do one within a few weeks of the initial rounds and then another after the first of the events, but this isn't set in stone. As @Cristafari said, checking the blog and signing up for the Chara-Ani mail magazine (although sometimes their notifications are late) are your best bets.

12. WatashiLeaf

WatashiLeaf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    So in the case that the CDs with COD as payment don't get delivered because no one's at home, what happens? I'm worried because my relatives won't be home during the day, lol.

13. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    Like all mail delivery. Leaves you a notice, call to make re-delivery.

14. HeavenlyHermit

HeavenlyHermit Kenkyuusei

I'm struggling to understand the front page of the website, let's say i want to participate to the lottery in order to win a 2shots for the latest album Kibouteki, what information should i take into consideration ?

I see the release day of the album November 26, 2014 and right below a couple of scheduled dates + location like December 23, 2014 or March 29 2015. Are those dates for only handshake + signing ? (i'm only interested in 2 shots event).

15. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

There isn't a 2shot event option for this release.

16. allihx

allihx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I got redirected to this thread.

I am having a major issue with chara ani and creating an account there. I would like to apply for the 2shot tickets that will come with the upcoming album of AKB48. However, I thought it would be okay to start creating an account already, instead of waiting until last minute and lose my chances of winning tickets.

What happens on chara ani is that it never sends me to a confirmation email page or anything at all. As soon as I finish fulfilling my information(everything as listed on the first pictures of the initiating post) and click the pink button to create the account --- chara ani sends me right back to the beginning : https://akb48.chara-ani.com/login.aspx

I have tried each step of the guide about four times :'c

17. SputnikZ

SputnikZ Kenkyuusei

Does anyone know how to cancel an application? I applied for two tickets in an incorrect date for the shamekai... :/

18. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Did you create an account? If so just log in, click the button the upper left labeled '申込み履歴', then you'll see a list of what you applied for and there should be a button on the right side of each row to cancel the apps.

If you didn't create an account, there is nothing you can do. Guest accounts can't delete or change their orders (and also everything ordered is COD, so if you did this you would need someone in Japan to pay for the CDs when they arrive. (i.e.: you can't pay with credit card, conbini, or other method)

19. SputnikZ

SputnikZ Kenkyuusei

Found the button! Thank you very much for your help!! :chuffed:

20. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Hi everyone,
    To get your HS/2shot ticket stamped by information counter, what do you need beside your personal identification? Do you need the receipt as well?
    Thanks