Attention new users

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    This post is for all newly-registered users of Stage48.

First, hi!

Second, you'll find that initially, your posts might not show up. That's because, to fight the constant tide of spambots, I've enabled "post approval" for all new members' first posts. That means, until you have one post approved by a moderator, all your posts will sit and wait for approval before being displayed to other users. Once you receive approval for a post then from then on you will be able to post as usual (note that any posts you make before you receive that first approval will also need approval).

This has already had the effect I was looking to achieve- this afternoon I caught a spambot trying to flood the AKB girls gallery with spam, but all the posts were sitting and waiting for approval, making it too easy to remove them without anyone being bothered. Hooray!

So, if your post doesn't immediately appear, don't stress. Once it gets approved you'll be on your way to great success. And don't forget to read the rules and introduce yourselves, we promise we won't judge you (too harshly)!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
  2. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    To save space in the header bar, I removed the link to the built-in FAQ for phpbb forums. It's full of helpful things for people unfamiliar with internet forums like "how do I make a post", "how do I search" etc. If you wish to have a look at it you can still read it here.

3. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    To reduce the amount of spambots and trash on the forum I will be regularly deleting old inactive accounts. New users, to avoid this fate you'll need to 1) log in (so you appear as an "active" account) and hopefully 2) post somewhere in the forum (eg introduce yourself in this thread). Forums rely on people posting to survive so lurkers won't receive much consideration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.