1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Can Seifuku no Mannequin become a mainstream nightclub song ?

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Torigoya-San, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I was listening to Seifuku no Mannequin and thought how much it sounded like it could really be a mainstream hit song that could be played regularly at nightclubs not just in Japan but also elsewhere. Has this song ever been played publicly in a nightclub in your country ? Or has it never been played at a regular mainstream event, not even in a nightclub in Japan ? I don't go clubbing, so I don't know whether it has ever been played in a nightclub in my country at all.

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That explains this thread's existence.

• Like Like x 2
  3. miserri

miserri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    SnM is way too... mild to be a proper club banger (imho, even though I love it), I'd rather see Uza or Kamonegix.
    As for remixes I think I've seen a couple of AKB songs being remixed by fans but I don't think that 46/48 music is something Japanese clubbers would like to dance to.

4. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    @Trinu that's shady lol

and @rka there are mixes of some 48G tracks, Dj Amaya has mixed some here, and you may some more on Soundcloud, like this.

And responding the question, no. I don't see the track itself would be cool for clubbing (unless it's a remix, as many songs); Must be Now by NMB maybe? I agree with Kamonegix and UZA (actually, this song has been mixed by fans for having a less idol sound). If talking about 90's dance-like songs, maybe some of DiVA (Komuro Tetsuya produced them, and he was big deal during that decade).

5. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    @rka no, those are only fanworks, but I'd love an official release! I'm fan of Hamasaki Ayumi, and she tends to release trance/electro/dance mix albums once in a while...it would be interesting that the groups would try that approach at least with one song (ex. Chicken LINE could be with a faster pace, or even Dirty since SKE releases under avex). It could be an interesting option to try a fresher approach.

6. Urabe

Urabe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzukiayane
  7. ranze

ranze Kenkyuusei

I think that Popi pappapa would have better chances for this.
    Seifuku is too much about moral and the school outfit doesn't really fit to club. I don't know how to say it

EDIT: I randomly found this on Google. I just searched Popipappapa and this photo came up lol. Anyone has infos about DJ Maiyan ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  8. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I was hoping this had to do with the mannequin challenge.